Light Fingers Finale

I don’t think so; it’s just a last-minute chance to change your mind, at a cost.

I’m loving the story. Not loving having to stop experiencing it every five minutes to gather resources. Failbetter still seem to love for us to grind… Some things never change, I guess.

My general impression is that several of the Ambitions have a single gigantic expense at one point or another. Light Fingers is more spread out. There are a handful of actions that cost a few hundred echoes, and quite a few that cost 50-100, but there’s no single gatekeeper like All The Knives.

At the time I was glad for that, because a single big gate sounded frustrating. But I’m an inveterate hoarder so many of the medium-sized obstacles didn’t give me pause. I can see how it would affect the pacing if you need to step out of the story every time it asks for a hundred T3 items or whatever.

Good luck! The conclusion is worth everything it takes to get there.

Thanks! I am already enjoying it immensely, barring the small gripe I mentioned earlier.

Unfortunately I seem to be developing an unhealthy fixation with Poor Edward, something of a mirror to the ghastly one he has with me.

[quote=Plynkes]Thanks! I am already enjoying it immensely, barring the small gripe I mentioned earlier.

Unfortunately I seem to be developing an unhealthy fixation with Poor Edward, something of a mirror to the ghastly one he has with me.[/quote]

This would not be the first time this happened to a Light Fingers player, hah.

I did not choose Light Finger as my ambition, but I do have to say this about the whole grinding: the ambitions are supposed to be game-ecnomapssing and develop with the player. my guess is that new player will play and build their character trying to actually persure their ambition, unlike old timey players who for them there’s suddenly a grinding roadblock

Well I must say I was bowled over with delight when my dirigible full of Rubberies decided to show up out of the blue once more. I’m not even one of those players you see on the forum that are besotted and obsessed with the Rubbery Men, but I was so pleased to see them again, it was a wonderful moment. One of my favourite moments in the game ever, I think.

The idea of a band of Rubberies pootling around the Neath in an airship is a scream. It’s almost like something out of Edward Lear. Sort of wish they could sit in the &quotTransport&quot slot on my profile, but those guys deserve their freedom to roam. They were a loyal crew and they more than earned it.

so how to make the hybrid speak exactly?A parabola fruit or humanity >moonmister maybe?
edited by ugo on 7/10/2020

Both of those. Humanity must be strictly greater, it won’t happen if they’re equal.

Hello! I’ve finally finished the ambition and am quite happy with my choices - became a cat, got my own false star and have a regular source of nightmares (ok, not sure how happy I am with that last one). But how do I get Hephaesta back in the lab? She appears to be missing…

Visit the Parabola-side of your research lab and you should find her there willing to do some parabola research for you. That should get you started, but if you want more spoily info:

Once she has worked through 15 (?) or so sessions of parabola research for you she may be more amenable to returning to the London side of your lab, iirc.

edited by Shaerys on 8/2/2020

Thanks!

For those who are wondering like I was - Hephaesta doesn’t appear in the Parabolan research lab until you change the staffing of the actual university lab. I didn’t think to check there first.

Visit the Parabola-side of your research lab and you should find her there willing to do some parabola research for you. That should get you started, but if you want more spoily info:

Once she has worked through 15 (?) or so sessions of parabola research for you she may be more amenable to returning to the London side of your lab, iirc.

edited by Shaerys on 8/2/2020[/quote]

Thanks!

For those who are wondering like I was - Hephaesta doesn’t appear in the Parabolan research lab until you change the staffing of the actual university lab. I didn’t think to check there first.

edited by Shaerys on 8/2/2020[/quote]