Light Fingers Finale

So this is why he never put in an Appearance the last two Feasts…he was grinding his way through the prelims for the Wedding Non-Repeatable Story!
edited by Deathjack999 on 4/1/2020[/quote]

The only reason I accepted was because (a) this character is molded to be the most evil, irredeemable villain I can ever concoct and they deserve to suffer and (b) this is my only &quotsingle&quot alt so it wouldn’t be out-of-character to agree to such a proposal.

I am terrified if one of the rewards actually has it as a potential &quotCompanion.&quot Easily more frightening than going North, more fatal than getting slaughtered by the Vake, and more lethal than ingesting an entire vial of Cardinal’s Honey without the antidote.

No diamond is worth this.
edited by The Curious Watcher on 4/1/2020[/quote]
Forget companion, what about spouse? :D[/quote]

Why not both? Perhaps you’ll end up adopting the moon-child together if it’s mother dies in childbirth!

I, too, found it odd that the Obliging Glassman shows up without any introduction. Still, I’m excited to see what the Parabolan Base-Camp has in store!

so I chose not to marry poor Edward can someone give me a link to that choice
edited by the old man on 4/2/2020

[quote=the old man]so I chose not to marry poor Edward can someone give me a link to that choice
edited by the old man on 4/2/2020[/quote]
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/PSGarak/18083501

I’m collecting Memory of Light for the camp Parabola. To obtain the number required, I found that I needed 48000 Lump of Lamplighter Beeswax. I’m correct? Is there a faster way?

You can always buy Phosphorescent Scarabs from Merrigan’s Exchange at the Bazaar in bulk and convert that into Memories of Light, but that may be too expensive for you.

I think you can grind the beeswax from Unfinished Business at Ladybones or a Political Anthem (song) at the Empress’s Court. Either way, this is designed to take a while or be ungodly expensive, so just take your time in getting it.

Also, stockpile 5 Bottles of First Sporing by trading Love Stories through Mr Wines’s card if you don’t have them already; you’ll thank me later.

I think you can grind the beeswax from Unfinished Business at Ladybones [/quote]

You can indeed, as I just spent the past 2 full days doing (supplementing with the occasional purchase of 1000 or two at a time, after unloading many many moon-pearls on some poor shopkeep).

On another note, I kind of wish that the Strange-Shore Parabola Suit (or Frock) was just as usable as the Parabola-Linen Suit (or Frock) at the points in the new bits where such are needed, but alas. Though I haven’t gotten that far in yet (I’ve set up the camp but haven’t built up defenses, hired colleagues/hirelings, etc) so maybe they’ll come in useful later on.

I think you can grind the beeswax from Unfinished Business at Ladybones or a Political Anthem (song) at the Empress’s Court.[/quote]
It’s faster to grind them in the Department of Menace Eradication. On ‘Light a Candle, and wait’ with the chandler. That gives you a constant 123 each time.

It scales from Dangerous, so it may be lower or higher, depending on your stats.

There is also a repeatable part of the Affair of the Box where you can grind Compromising Documents and convert Memories of Light from them instead of Beeswax/Scarabs.

It scales from Dangerous, so it may be lower or higher, depending on your stats.

There is also a repeatable part of the Affair of the Box where you can grind Compromising Documents and convert Memories of Light from them instead of Beeswax/Scarabs.[/quote]

Also the repeatable Riding the Savage Cobbles at Concord Square, which gives you 36 Compromising Documents. BLEF!

hello all apparently in the parabola base camp there is an option called the dome of scales and its being blocked until the 8th

April 8 is supposedly the day that the Lab and Base-Camp open up for everyone, regardless of Ambition.

Any idea on where the story will be available?

The stories might be adjusted when they are no longer associated with an Ambition, but I wouldn’t expect much.

Based on experience, the Base-Camp is in the honey-dens of Veilgardens.

Based on Hearsay, the Lab is at the University.

That relates to a question I wondered, that I guess Hannah who started the thread would be best-placed to answer. This might just be extremely nitpicky on my part, but the use of the word &quotFinale&quot in the subject, vs, &quotPart 1&quot in the threads for the other Ambitions-- does this mean that the entire Light Fingers content is released, or am I overthinking the word choice and it’ll be in parts like the others?

Not that I’m going to be approaching any content boundaries soon, what with how fantastically expensive parts of it are, but…

It’s released in parts. My Light Fingers storylet currently has an option locked by it not being April 7th yet, just like the other thing in the other place is locked by it not being April 8.

Ah, I didn’t know. Thanks. It will probably still be better for end-game players than the Unfinished Business option.

OMG OMG OMG OMG finally the spouse option of my dreams. I need to change my ambition yesterday :D

considering the debacle that was battatued, its been fairly clear sailing so far. So yeah I’m dreading the seventh

As someone whose STILL trying to get the things for Bag a Legend you have my imminent sympathies.