Liberation of the Night

Counterpoint: What’s wrong with a bit of chaos? The iron republic only seems confusing to visitors. The only real problem with the liberation within the neath seems to be that it’s too dark for anyone to see, at least at first.

The other issue would be that no-one can live without sunlight, all plantlife would die, assuming one can live without Vitamin D, eventually the planet and entire universe would die from Heat-death. (aka freeze to death) which would be quite troublesome.

Without the laws being enforced, who’s to say that is still true? I’m going to live without vitamin D. Try to stop me :)

Without the laws being enforced, who’s to say that is still true? I’m going to live without vitamin D. Try to stop me :)[/quote]

Do you wanna be stabbed? Cause that’s how you’ll get stabbed to be stopped. ;)

Without the laws being enforced, who’s to say that is still true? I’m going to live without vitamin D. Try to stop me :)[/quote]

Do you wanna be stabbed? Cause that’s how you’ll get stabbed to be stopped. ;)[/quote]

Without the laws being enforced, who’s going to stop me from not being stopped by the stabbing!?

After-the-Liberation round of Knife-and-Candle gonna be fun.

After-the-Liberation round of Knife-and-Candle gonna be fun.[/quote]

No rules, just stab

After-the-Liberation round of Knife-and-Candle gonna be fun.[/quote]

Sorry to say, but the reason I want the Liberation to be stopped is because the Revs want ALL lightsources destroyed, including candles. So Knife-and-Candle would be… Knife?

The most glaring (ha!) problem with the Liberation is that once laws and conventions are abolished, we can no longer have fun by flouting them … how dull that would be?!

Oh … and the horrific misery it would inflict on millions or billions of people … that’s not good either.

[quote=Lady Sapho Byron]The most glaring (ha!) problem with the Liberation is that once laws and conventions are abolished, we can no longer have fun by flouting them … how dull that would be?!

Oh … and the horrific misery it would inflict on millions or billions of people … that’s not good either.[/quote]

Those people would get better afterwards. But the laws thing would be a problem. Perhaps that would figure into the post-liberation analogue of knife-and-candle. One player makes laws, and the other players must flaunt the laws, and once every law has been flaunted the player who flaunted the most gets to stab the player who made them.

We’d also lose Neathly immortality in the LoN, as we’d lack Stone’s light.

[quote=Zeculo The Squid]

Those people would get better afterwards. [/quote]

[spoiler]&quotOver time, the survivors adapt.&quot

and

&quotThe Constables are dead or changed. The ways to the Surface are choked with refugees and corpses.&quot

and

&quotOccasionally you make forays into the city to seek survivors, but it’s horribly dangerous. You lose almost as many to spider and anarchists and human wolves, as you save … It is not a good life. But it is a life, and you have given it to them.&quot[/spoiler]

Or not.

[quote=Lady Sapho Byron][quote=Zeculo The Squid]

Those people would get better afterwards. [/quote]

[spoiler]&quotOver time, the survivors adapt.&quot

and

&quotThe Constables are dead or changed. The ways to the Surface are choked with refugees and corpses.&quot

and

&quotOccasionally you make forays into the city to seek survivors, but it’s horribly dangerous. You lose almost as many to spider and anarchists and human wolves, as you save … It is not a good life. But it is a life, and you have given it to them.&quot[/spoiler]

Or not.[/quote]
That’s short term; the small liberation. After the large one there won’t be death, or gravity, or anything of that sort.

Or, you know, existence.

Or, you know, existence.[/quote]

It’s kinda like Nirvana … only achieved through Unenlightenment.

Or, you know, existence.[/quote]

That’s why, even as an anarchist, I have no love for the Liberation.
What happens after the liberation is three giant question marks that are cloaked in a mystery, shrouded in enigmas, filled with secrets, and spilling forth an unstoppable flood of hints, nudges, and theories.

I liked it when London was on the surface and will do anything to get it back there should I have the opportunity, but a primordial chaos that would have every inconceivable eldritch being that has ever been conceived running for the hills?

No thanks, I’ll take my mourning candles from the box carousel instead.
edited by lukeskylicker on 12/11/2018