Latest story update

No. I was expecting it to be a way to warehouse stuff, but it’s not; my guess is that for one thing it will prevent tomb colonists from raiding the supplies…
edited by Ewan C. on 7/24/2014

so I’ve noticed there’s new art near Davies Bay, expanding the Tomb Colonies greatly. I quite like it! But it made me notice some of the nearby art assets - I always thought that the Prickfinger Wastes weren’t… visually sharp enough? Like, you see a few stalagmites and that’s it, no real visual conveyance that this place is so named because it’s full of razor sharp rocks. Will it be getting an asset update too?
edited by IHNIWTR on 7/24/2014

Sounds reasonable to me.

By the same token, it might deter an Unfinshed Man from unleashing… whatever it is they have in store for sea captains unlucky enough to have taken them on board.The question of whether Clay Men should be considered cargo or passengers is subtle indeed, but I personally would keep them inside the Secure Storage any day.
edited by Jacob Stone on 7/24/2014

Still stuck on 3 - I have no idea what I am missing. I’ve visited all the ports, killed Lifebergs, Bound Sharks and Angler Crabs - both Western and Elder. Looted lots of pirates. I can’t remember if I killed Mount Nomad before or after the content update but I did fight it earlier today. Haven’t even seen a Lorn Fluke but I didn’t hang around that part of the Coral yet.

I’m wondering if I have missed the opportunity for one by how I played a one time story though. At least I haven’t seen Blue Scintillack any where else.

Edit to say any PM’s with hints will be appreciated.
edited by reveurciel on 7/24/2014

The Gant item was unavailable for a while (locked with Key of Histories, by the looks) but there was a content update just now that fixed it.
I have everything except the Apocyanic item; I think that, at the minute, you only have one progress-sensitive chance to get the item needed, and its awfully mean.
If you’re stuck, here’s a cheatsheet;

Apocyan; Steal the Rat Star on Pigmote Island, you heartless brute. If you’ve sold it, burned it or completed the story without it, you’re out of luck.
Gant; take a visit to the Chapel of Lights with Nightmares in tow. If you can’t see anything, eat some of the free food to pass the time.
Peligin; Head to the gates of the North with a fistful of Fragments. Also Gaider’s Mourn, apparently?
Irrigo; An awful terrible skull works. Fluke cores too, if you’re brave. Skull’s probably easier, given Godfall’s bounty.
Violant; A Candlelit store at Khan’s Heart sells what you’re after.
Cosmogone; Assist the Mother Shroom in its propagation.
Viric; Create your own phantasmal work of art right there in Venderbight

edited by Spacemarine9 on 7/24/2014

I´ll list what you need to give for the colors I know:

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)][spoiler][/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Apocyan : Blue Scintillak (From Pigmote Island , maybe rare drop from Mt Nomad? i guess)[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Cosmogone : Dunno, some kind of shroom?[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Gant: Dunno, maybe well-related?[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Irrigo : Nadir Skul (Forgotten Quarter with magician or Shattered Citadel) /Fluke Core (Kill flukes near Port Cecil)[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Peligin: Hunters Eye (Gaiders Mourn/Avid Horizon)[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Violant: This one has me clueless[/color]
[color=#c2c2c2]VIric: Painting from the Fingerkings storyline (Taking the serpentine idol in an event when exploring venderblight and then fidning the same event)[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)][/spoiler][/color]

[color=#c2c2c2]Im resuming treasure hunting later , perhaps I can find the elusive violant[/color]

Edit: Ninjaed by rat guy
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]
[/color]
edited by Trenloco on 7/24/2014

Thanks Spacemarine9. No wonder I hadn’t found some of them

Apocyan; Steal the Rat Star on Pigmote Island, you heartless brute. If you’ve sold it, burned it or completed the story without it, you’re out of luck. - That’s the one I thought I might have missed by not stealing the star, I guess I’ll have to start a new captain or, hopefully, there will be another source eventually I was thinking maybe a rare success at Port Cecil
Gant; take a visit to the Chapel of Lights with Nightmares in tow. If you can’t see anything, eat some of the free food to pass the time. - I’ve never let my terror get to the point of nightmares, guess I’ll have to try that
Peligin; Head to the gates of the North with a fistful of Fragments. Also Gaider’s Mourn, apparently? - Got one from both places Gaider’s Mourn is the one where you can side with either of two factions but you get it by siding with neither
Irrigo; An awful terrible skull works. Fluke cores too, if you’re brave. Skull’s probably easier, given Godfall’s bounty. - I got mine from Godfall
Violant; A Candlelit store at Khan’s Heart sells what you’re after.- Another one I already had
Cosmogone; Assist the Mother Shroom in its propagation. - haven’t seen that option yet
Viric; Create your own phantasmal work of art right there in Venderbight - back to Venderbight then

edited by reveurciel on 7/24/2014

Hmm…I think I’m killing my captain and starting over again. ^^
(thanks to a small mess with an eye it’s better that way. Never did find the eye either.)

I still can’t find the Uttershroom,

Also, a Candlelit Store in Khan’s Heart? Is trading open or something?

[spoiler]The Uttershroom is east of Port Cecil. If you’re playing on an old save, it’ll be very east, through the pitch dark Chelonate placeholder, but on newer saves it’s right next door.

The Store in Khan’s Heart is a Something Awaits You event- not a particularly common one, as it’s a rare success on a certain event (one where you get accosted and are forced to buy a Strange Catch). You can buy a lot of neat stuff there for 77 Echoes apiece.[/spoiler]

In other news, visiting a Shipyard in Venderbight now does peculiar things to the game interface. It almost looks like there’s an option to buy a new ship which isn’t working properly at the moment.

There has never been an operating Shipyard in Venderbight before, has there?

How the hell do you become peckish? So I can use the well in the chapel?

okay, so the Uttershroom is really, really really east of Port Cecil.

GO MAD
EAT YOUR CREW

(or eat the Chapel’s food constantly, there’s a 21% chance you’ll get Peckish as of this update)

Again , thank you man. Another thing , do the priests in the chapel pray to the drowned man? Like in that other isle with the well and the sacrificies?

[quote=Jacob Stone]In other news, visiting a Shipyard in Venderbight now does peculiar things to the game interface. It almost looks like there’s an option to buy a new ship which isn’t working properly at the moment.

There has never been an operating Shipyard in Venderbight before, has there?[/quote]

Yeah, it’s stuck to me. I tried going to London and looking at the functional shipyard tab, but that did not make it go away.

EDIT: Saving and reloading fixed it, woo~!

edited by MidnightVoyager on 7/25/2014

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD

After much Blemmigan-tossing and finally picking up that elusive Fingerking’s trail, the Neathbow is complete. Thanks to everyone in this thread who shared their insight as to obtaining the requested items.

The reward:

[spoiler]Or, rather, rewards. There is a choice of three.

[ul][li]2700 Fragments. Which, as it happens, still convert to one mere Secret - the irony of it![/li][li]Seven Captivating Treasures[/li][li]Keeper-Moth, a unique Mascot with the following stats: Mirrors + 3 / Veils + 3 / Pages + 3 / Hearts - 2[/li][/ul]Frankly, the Moth is the best by a fair margin.
[/spoiler]

Aagh, I don’t know if I can finish this quest with my current captain. I already finished the pigmote Island Quest without stealing the Rat star… :(

Considering there’s multiple ways to get Irrigo and Peligin it might be possible that they’ll add more ways to get those eventually.

I think the 2700 fragments converting into 1 secret is a bug? Why not just give out 1 secret then?