Latest story update

Hello fellow zee captains,

I just saw there was a content update for Sunless Sea, the Curator is accepting visitors in (not so) sunny and (not quite) cheerful Venderbight.

As luck would have it, my ship was there, so I went to visit him; he seems to be offering a pretty interesting treasure (or color) hunt.

Problem is, once I opt to go to his place, all the tabs become gray and unresponsive, and I’m forced to quit the game.

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong there, perhaps?

It did it to me as well. You don’t need to quit though … if you press the Get Help button and then choose get started they become responsive again.

I’ve found 2 of the items so far.

Oh, treasure hunt is a go then. Thank you :)

Have fun:)

I found one of the items by accident before I even realized it was new >.<

[color=#009900]There’s a bug with Must events which will be fixed in the next game patch - but in the meantime, I’ve just released another micro-update for content which should act as a workaround. Sorry, folks![/color]

I’m so tempted to ask where, but I won’t :P

There was a mini update just now, so maybe the Curator glitch was fixed.

Plus, Clay Men, yay! I’d love to have a Clay officer, at some point.

My game appears to have glitched after my first talk with the Curator. I walked in and asked what he wanted, then with mission in hand I walked out. But I could not exit Venderblight, nor go to my journal or exit port - the game would not let me cancel or exit the story page. I was able to walk right back in and give the man the Eyeless Skull I had but I was still unable to exit the Venderblight story page. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit: Huh, it seems to be working now. Thanks guys!
edited by Owen Wulf on 7/24/2014

Happened to have three of the items on me when I was just stopping by.

I wonder if it is at all possible to obtain the whole list. From the looks of it, some colours may require going to places which, to the best of my knowledge, are not currently available.

A token of Peligin may very well be found beyound the Gate of the Avid Horizon, as the respective Neathbow entry suggests

[spoiler]You can get an eye on this side of the avid horizon gate, i didn’t take it back to Venderbight to see if it was the peligin token but given that it’s new and it’s a monster hunters eye I’m pretty sure it is.

Also the one I found:

You can get an irrigo-tainted Collosal Fluke Core by killing the Lorn-Fluke that hangs out around the Principles of Coral. I accidentalyl found it while trying to get my previous character killed so I could start over, and being a bit too successful.
[/spoiler]

Hmm it seems to break spoiler tags if i put more then one in a post >.<

edited by WormApotheote on 7/24/2014
edited by WormApotheote on 7/24/2014

Are they’re any new islands in the recent update? I haven’t looked at it yet.

No actual new islands but you can now do things at the Uttershroom.

[quote=WormApotheote][spoiler]You can get an eye on this side of the avid horizon gate, i didn’t take it back to Venderbight to see if it was the peligin token but given that it’s new and it’s a monster hunters eye I’m pretty sure it is.

Also the one I found:

You can get an irrigo-tainted Collosal Fluke Core by killing the Lorn-Fluke that hangs out around the Principles of Coral. I accidentalyl found it while trying to get my previous character killed so I could start over, and being a bit too successful.
[/spoiler]

Hmm it seems to break spoiler tags if i put more then one in a post

Oh - I better head that way and see if I can actually kill one of them.
edited by reveurciel on 7/24/2014

I’ve ended up with 2 Hunters Eyes - I found the second in Gaider’s Mourn

What a cool update! I’m enjoying the scavenger hunt - I’ve found irrigo, peligin, violant and viric so far. I have a theory - or perhaps it’s more of a suspicion - as to where the apocyanic trinket can be found, and I don’t think I’m going to like it. Not yet sure about the other two.

Has anyone else been dropping blemmigans everywhere they go? I’m probably wrecking the islands, but it seems fun.

[spoiler][quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]What a cool update! I’m enjoying the scavenger hunt - I’ve found irrigo, peligin, violant and viric so far. I have a theory - or perhaps it’s more of a suspicion - as to where the apocyanic trinket can be found, and I don’t think I’m going to like it. Not yet sure about the other two.[/quote]

Hmm. I have not yet found violent, and it is not where I expected, but I have one further idea. Apocyan I was very sad to give up, for sure. Cosmogone is also not where I expected :-P and I have no clue on Gant, really.[/spoiler]

I will say in unspoiled fashion that there are multiple options for at least Irrigo; I probably regret the choice that I made on that before realizing…

So much shiny new stuff! grinning in a slightly mad fashion Oh gosh I LOVE a treasure hunt! I hope there’s more of them to come!

This is tough I’ve found 3 so far but maybe the right choices aren’t coming up on the islands.

Anyone know what the secure storage is for? I gave up the blind man’s smuggling. I wish I could have it back now.