It's Snowing in Fallen London

I need help with numbers, please.

I currently have the Taste of Lacre 3, and I chose to accept help from unexpected volunteer (so no Pile of Snow for me today). Moreover, I want to accept such help two more times in the future. Do I understand correctly that this still leaves me with enough Snow to get Spire-Emporium, or should I start grinding for Storm-Threnodies and Night-Whispers? I do have the Monocle, the Violin, and SoC 14, and I do plan to spend Fate on Investigating. I also have two Vials of Tears, although I would prefer to not risk with them if possible.

Is there any chance I can get the Suite during this Christmas as well?

Hmph. I do not remember it at all, but I would feel bad sending a ticket if it was just me being careless. I understand I will have another chance though, right?

@jolanda yes, you will have the chance with each snowbound which will come with your TtH. if you dont have one of the qualities for that option, it goes to the bottom of the page so it is possible you didnt scrol down enough.
@dima beside today’s snowbound we wil probably get at least three more more snowbounds. if you increase your ToL with another pile to 6 before Mr Sacks show up, there are options on those 12 cards that will give you a few points of ToL so you can get both the spire and 2 more robes but investigating complicate stuff and I am not very knowledgable about that. but you probably can do all three things you asked.

Dears, I’d like to ask just to understand if I got it right: are Incarnadine Fur Robe, The Gift Story and Home Comforts only available through Fate investment? Do I also understand correctly, that ToL is not dependent on Fate and anyone can recieve bonuses from it?

ToL is not fate dependent and everyone can get a good amount.

In addition to the fate things listed above, there will be a new story and alternative paths for the 12 days of mr sacks.

Can someone explain the difference between “The Gift” and “The Gift?” As in “The Gift” on the fate page and “The Gift” mentioned in the OP. I don’t remember this last year.

[quote=TeslaWalker]Can someone explain the difference between &quotThe Gift&quot and &quotThe Gift?&quot As in &quotThe Gift&quot on the fate page and &quotThe Gift&quot mentioned in the OP. I don’t remember this last year.[/quote]Yeah, that’s a mistake which confused me too. &quotThe Gift&quot is from two years ago, I think. And I’m also not sure what they mean by &quotmaking The Gift available again&quot - it was always available. Maybe for free this time? Or discounted? It’s confusing alright!

My character somehow got a SNOWBOUND before TtH, and now he got another one at his TtH. I’m not -exactly- complaining that I got two, but if I’m not mistaken I shouldn’t get two. My alt also got one though, and is still waiting on his TtH.

Or is this supposed to happen?
edited by Doomjoon on 12/12/2016

I think its just &quoteveryone gets a snowfall and after that its on Tth&quot but then, I didn’t clear it in time, so I don’t know if that happened to me.
edited by suinicide on 12/12/2016

[quote=suinicide]I think its just &quoteveryone gets a snowfall and after that its on Tth&quot but then, I didn’t clear it in time, so I don’t know if that happened to me.
edited by suinicide on 12/12/2016[/quote]

that makes sense, but then it seems odd that this first snowfall is RIGHT before the snowfall on TtH. Unless if TtH is desynced for each character. Besides, there should be 4 total, if I’m not mistaken. This would make it 5, if the last one happens in the first few days of January.

If I read it right, TtH clears the “cleared path” quality as well as bringing fresh snow.

Interestingly, you can reach your lodgings without clearing the snow: Going into the Exceptional Season storylet and returning to your study will place you within the study of your own Lodgings, and subsequently leaving your study places you inside your lodgings. This, of course, does not get rid of the snow, but it is a tricksy way to get to your lodgings if you have neither fate, actions, or wealth to spare.

Hooray! Snow! ^_^

I noticed my option to accept help required The Airs of London to be 51+, but I’m not sure if having an Airs below that would hide the storylet or just change the text.

[color=#00ffff]Best[/color] options for putting together pieces/ the taste of Lacre? There’s quite a few, so which gives the most cp, if anyone knows?

I think the best would be: Use the monocle on it, dip two souls, then use the monocle again. This should get you to 8, enough to do anything besides the 5 card bazaar. (But you will get that ToL through the 12 days of Mr. Sacks)

If you use the monocle twice, it can get you to 6 if you don’t need to go higher. But it stops working after that.
edited by suinicide on 12/12/2016

[quote=suinicide]I think the best would be: Use the monocle on it, dip two souls, then use the monocle again. This should get you to 8, enough to do anything besides the 5 card bazaar. (But you will get that ToL through the 12 days of Mr. Sacks)

If you use the monocle twice, it can get you to 6 if you don’t need to go higher. But it stops working after that.
Thanks. So that’s 4 pails for 8 lacre, plus some from Mr. Sacks. Sounds like raven-song to my ears! This is officially my second YTD, so the first time around I had no idea what I was doing. I think I was even tempted to taste Lacre.

[quote=Doomjoon][quote=suinicide]I think its just &quoteveryone gets a snowfall and after that its on Tth&quot but then, I didn’t clear it in time, so I don’t know if that happened to me.

that makes sense, but then it seems odd that this first snowfall is RIGHT before the snowfall on TtH. Unless if TtH is desynced for each character. Besides, there should be 4 total, if I’m not mistaken. This would make it 5, if the last one happens in the first few days of January.[/quote]
Characters have TtH at different times and days; it’s based on when the character was created iirc. So the first snowfall is for everyone but some people get TtH right around then.

I noticed my option to accept help required The Airs of London to be 51+, but I’m not sure if having an Airs below that would hide the storylet or just change the text.[/quote]
It changes the text. I have just received my second Snowbound (due to a ridiculously well-timed TtH), and chosen to have a Master clear the way both times, once with airs 27 and one with 68.

The airs determine which Master clears the ‘snow’. At airs 1-50 it is Mr. Spices, at 51-100 it is Mr. Pages.
Spices was even considerate enough to give me a Night-Whisper so I can have a replacement pail from the urchins :). Mr Pages gives a Personal Recommendation.

edited by Akernis on 12/13/2016

I noticed my option to accept help required The Airs of London to be 51+, but I’m not sure if having an Airs below that would hide the storylet or just change the text.[/quote]
It changes the text. I have just received my second Snowbound (due to a ridiculously well-timed TtH), and chosen to have a Master clear the way both times, once with airs 27 and one with 68.

The airs determine which Master clears the ‘snow’. At airs 1-50 it is Mr. Spices, at 51-100 it is Mr. Pages.
Spices was even considerate enough to give me a Night-Whisper so I can have a replacement pail from the urchins :). Mr Pages gives a Personal Recommendation.

edited by Akernis on 12/13/2016[/quote]
I was given a whiring contraption, it sounded like pages, though I don’t remember airs.