Interesting Advent Interaction

A couple minutes ago I got a weird message in my inbox, which I can only assume is due to the Advent item Mark of Disdain.

MOD

Probably nothing too interesting, but I thought I’d pop it in here just to see if anyone sees more into it than I do.

1 Like

I got it as well, despite having no Wounds. I also saw no new Qualities, so who knows if it’s not a hidden one…

1 Like

I got it too, and can confirm that just using it doesn’t make the text different: I used the mark of Disdain every time I want hunting in parabola, and I still got the same text.

It gifts a new quality (a page refresh may be required to make it show up because it didn’t arrive from an action). Although what THIS does (if anything (yet) ) remains to be seen.

6 Likes

Well. That’s not ominous at all.

1 Like

I hope it will factor into something eventually-it sounds like it, certainly! The latter of correspondence in the image for it also seems to suggest it holding some level of importance-although that much could just be because of the item itself.

My immediate reaction to the quality was remembering the fate of our dear friend Captain Amelia in Skies - it’s probably not that, but I can’t avoid seeing similarities in the whole “Correspondence sigils burning beneath the skin” thing,

2 Likes

Probably next Advent it increases to Scar Under Skin 2 - You were burned, twice. And then so on.

The seventh burn will delete your character ;)

6 Likes

No assumption; FBG staff confirmed in the discord that everyone who claimed the ember got it, that it gives -1 CP of wounds, and that it does something else but they aren’t telling what it is.

Personally I’m thinking that perhaps the next end game content they’ll implement after the Railway is finally over might end up being some sort of correspondence questline that this gives an extra option or shortcut for; probably letting us interact with the OTHER entity in the love triangle since we know about the Bazaar and the sun quite a bit more.

3 Likes

… yeah, I realized myself after editing, that it really wasn’t the brightest question to begin with (& deleted it) …

I do hope your prediction run in the right direction - I would enjoy some more Correspondence … =)

1 Like

Oh me too! We know whatever plotline it is will be a while but also that it’s already in development so… Maybe the summer event will tee it up for a kickoff update?

1 Like

… good idea! until then we’ll just have to continue our scarry existences …

1 Like

So true bestie :pensive:

Anyways the scar is here for the foreseeable future and definitely won’t have any negative consequences, I’m sure.

3 Likes

(Shouldn’t this be spoiler-marked?)

I don’t think so tbh. It’s not a spoiler for a specific plotline and the lore blurbs that randomly generate whenever you refresh the page on PC talk about it.

Perhaps will get but I definitely have the ember and not the corresponding notification / quality at current

2 Likes

Oh! Must be on a timer then? How odd!

1 Like

I got it a few hours before my TtH …

1 Like

Well, I’ve never seen the blurbs talk about it, but if you say they do then I believe you.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can snip one in the next few days and link you if you’d like :)

1 Like