In Search of A Paramount Presence

As far as I know, Duelist isn’t capped at all. Has that changed?

Not that I’m aware of.

And as much as it can theoretically be anything, there’s still a degree to which it has to make sense. If this mystery storylet (if that’s what it is we’re looking for) has a set of unlocking qualities as random as for assembling a Collection of Curiosity, that would be (in my opinion, at least) just about the most maliciously stupid game secret we’ve seen so far. At least Enigma and Passion made sense in both their contexts and weren’t impossible to find.
edited by Shadowhand on 12/20/2014

Not that I’m aware of.

And as much as it can theoretically be anything, there’s still a degree to which it has to make sense. If this mystery storylet (if that’s what it is we’re looking for) has a set of unlocking qualities as random as for assembling a Collection of Curiosity, that would be (in my opinion, at least) just about the most maliciously stupid game secret we’ve seen so far. At least Enigma and Passion made sense in both their contexts and weren’t impossible to find.
edited by Shadowhand on 12/20/2014[/quote]

Which is why figuring out where that storylet is located is just as important as finding the qualities and/or items needed. There are a number of locations in London that seem likely, but the more accessible they are the more absurd the requirements would have to be for it not to have been stumbled on by now. Bazaar Sidestreets seems too simple, but possible, Unsigned Message, less common, but still a regular enough thing to be stumbled upon.

I really like the AB in the IR theory, since the encounter is in an out-of-the-way location without much reason to go once you have the journal, and that day is the only one you have to do every trip besides 1, 99, and 0, making it the odd bottleneck in an otherwise tangled mess of days. At the same time it just feels…awkward to me? Maybe it’s just that the Iron Republic freaks me out already.

I just came back from the Republic with maxed stats, nobility, and a few other things, and it truly does seem awkward, but the possibility is still there. I guess it seems odd to me that the Barrister would manage to discuss such a dramatic issue in a place with glass rain and toad demons. It also just occurred to me that the “second-tier” PoSI qualities don’t involve the Barrister at all, do they?

Had anyone checked ‘300 after equip’ stat thing? It’s entirely possible to obtain with Watchful, but still pretty hard.

Wait, someone actually figured out how to get the Passion destiny? Can someone send me a link or a description on how it happened? I’m probably not going to cahnge (Backstage is perfect for my character), but I’m curious.

Wait, someone actually figured out how to get the Passion destiny? Can someone send me a link or a description on how it happened? I’m probably not going to cahnge (Backstage is perfect for my character), but I’m curious.[/quote]

Yes, I have it, along with M. Wolventide and a few others. I’ll PM you.
edited by Shadowhand on 12/21/2014

They don’t. The imagery of her telling people to run from you because you are so dangerous is hilarious though.

You know, I’d like to know how close people are myself. Just because people are on the path does not mean we are far on it. I’d also like to know if any actually HAS achieved it and what it does, but if anyone has I expect it will be kept on the down low.

Does ‘on the path’ mean that the path itself is actually complete, though? It could simply be that 200 in all qualities is a prerequisite, but they haven’t actually put a way to get A Paramount Presence into the game yet.

I’m thinking maybe getting a noman to the end of the Feast of the Rose is part of it. No one has managed to succeed from what I’ve heard. I wonder how many are trying for it this year, and how much preparation they’ve done…

I’m working very hard on the no-man option. I just finished grinding 20x tears of the bazaar and 4x pails of lacre. I’m going to try and grind maybe 5 more before the end If I can. I’m hoping this will be enough but it all comes down to whether time the healer and the RNG feel merciful this year or not.

But rest assured, I plan to do everything I can to ensure SnowBrite and the Seven Candles live to see FoTER. Alas if only my no-man could share the perks of being a Hesperidean.

Edit: Has anyone tried getting a specialization and then reducing their stats to zero? That would be kind of funny (if very unlikely) if it were the way to unlock paramount presence.
edited by NiteBrite on 12/22/2014

To unlock each of the four specializations you need a special item (Infernal Rifle, Parabola Frock/Suit, Gloam-foam, Smock of 4308 Pockets). Has anyone tried having 200 in all stats AND all four items BEFORE choosing a specialization? Maybe with Notability 15 to top it off?
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 12/22/2014

[quote=NiteBrite]
Edit: Has anyone tried getting a specialization and then reducing their stats to zero? That would be kind of funny (if very unlikely) if it were the way to unlock paramount presence.
edited by NiteBrite on 12/22/2014[/quote]

&quotYou’ve gained a new quality: ‘Curse of NiteBrite’ at 7!&quot

I had a random thought that since Influence was added around the same time, capping it might have something to do with Paramount Presence as well. I can confirm that with Watchful 215, Notability 15, and Influence 100, there are no new options on Unsigned Letter. I’ll be heading to the Iron Republic soon to visit the Barrister, but I’m not holding my breath.

How did you get Influence to 100? I thought it was capped at 91.

Already done, and nothing new as far as I can see. For lack of other ideas, I’ve started jacking up my newspaper qualities.

And yes, you can raise Influence past 91 with Patronage, although it will require some well-timed acceptances.

How did you get Influence to 100? I thought it was capped at 91.[/quote]

Acquaintances to 86, then take on two proteges for 7 each.

Already done, and nothing new as far as I can see. For lack of other ideas, I’ve started jacking up my newspaper qualities.

And yes, you can raise Influence past 91 with Patronage, although it will require some well-timed acceptances.[/quote]

Ah, you hadn’t mentioned influence in your original post. Ah well! I tried all three options with the Barrister, just to be sure. At least I got four journals out of the trip as a small consolation.

I just purchased an Infernal Sharpshooter, which was the only &quotPoSI Upgrade&quot item I didn’t yet own, and also found an appropriate combination of BDR items that give me a minimum of 7 across all three stats, because, well, 7.

How is everyone on the subject of Knife & Candle? I’ve kind of steered clear of it for the last while, but there are a lot of notable achievements to be collected in that area, I suppose.
edited by Shadowhand on 3/16/2015