In Search of A Paramount Presence

The elusive &quotParamount Presence&quot quality has been my obsession for a while, now, and there still seems to be no definitive answer whether it does or doesn’t currently exist. Some previous requirement ideas have been:

[ul][li]All stats capped[/li][li]Nobility capped[/li][li]Various replayable storylet qualities capped (SoTC, Fearsome Duelist, Master Thief, etc.)[/li][/ul]Would be interested in hearing from anyone on the same search as I am on, and to what extent they can confirm that raising these qualities to inordinate heights has not yielded anything out of the ordinary…or if you have any other speculations.

From where I stand, Nobility and stat caps are obviously not it / not enough. Of course, if it turns out that the quality can only be obtained by someone who is not already a Shattering Force, Invisible Eminence, etc., that narrows our candidates down even further.
edited by Shadowhand on 12/17/2014

Have you tried capping your Acquaintance level? It might be one of the requirements.

I think FBG has said that the ability to become a Paramount Presence is not yet available but will eventually be implemented.

I think FBG has said that the ability to become a Paramount Presence is not yet available but will eventually be implemented.[/quote]

I’ll go look for that thread. I remember asking the question on a thread a while back, but the answer came something along the lines of &quotwe neither agree nor disagree.&quot

Yes, they were very ambiguous about that. I figured it was something that wasn’t possible just yet, but there have been difficult to solve mysteries in the past.

I think FBG has said that the ability to become a Paramount Presence is not yet available but will eventually be implemented.[/quote]

I’ll go look for that thread. I remember asking the question on a thread a while back, but the answer came something along the lines of &quotwe neither agree nor disagree.&quot[/quote]

This was it:

edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 12/17/2014

Thanks, Rupho.

Maybe I’m being hopeful, but I can’t fathom why there would be any reason to remain silent if there wasn’t some vestige of it in play…

Found it! Or at least confirmation that it is more than likely implemented. Alexis indicated that there is a line and people were progressing along it back at the beginning of this year. People in the topic were focused more on Passion, a bit of enigma, and words for north that aren’t ‘boreal’ than PP, so they completely ignored this one line I have taken as confirmation of it being implemented since I found that topic while hunting for any clues I could find.

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]That’s very sweet of you but I’m honestly trying to be helpful.[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Summary! [/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]- two people are one step away from Passion, and might yet achieve it before the lacre all dries up and the Destinies close[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]- various people are at various stages of the Paramount Presence line[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]- Ambition: Enigma has a scheduled update (<–this is true)[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]- 2,946 people have Acquaintance: Heptagoat[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]- there’s a Latin-derived word for ‘North’ that isn’t ‘boreal’[/color][/quote][/li]

Wow, that’s surprisingly revealing. Thanks for digging that gem up. Now I can go mad legitimately.

My current theory is that the Ambitious Barrister will be involved, whatever the requirements are. As far as I know, she can only be found in two places. One is a card, and the other requires a lengthy voyage.

My current pet hypothesis: get all base stats to 215 (requires changing PoSI focus and grinding 15 notability four times - so not possible yet, but people can be on various points of the storyline, up to “has 215 in the first stat”).

As far as I was aware, the Barrister effectively disappears after you’ve finished your dealings with her, unless I’m forgetting something.

You can meet her again - if you have a certain lodging or a ship.

Though given that the lodging option is to invite a friend, anything to do with her is almost certainly overzee.

I wonder if anyone has checked there after getting capped stats and all the other high/capped things that have been theorized to be required, but did not yet have a specialization. I unfortunately still haven’t gotten a single stat to 200, so I doubt I would fulfill whatever is needed.

I also wonder if the various things the republic checks for in its challenges may play a role, if the Barrister is indeed involved.

I caved last year to get a 5 card lodging, but I would have liked to experimented with this.
I’ve got everything from 10 in all Newspaper Accomplishments to 21 SotC to maxed Connections. I should have given it a go.

Maybe it’s something to do with Bizarre, Dreaded and Respectable? If you have 10 in all of them at once or something?

Then again, it could literally be anything, so there’s not a lot of point in speculation. It could require an access code. It could require a Gilded Crustacean, a Rubbery Conspirator, an Apple of Discord, Hesperidian Cider and a Heptagoat.

Right now, all we know is it’s possible, it’s hidden and it could be anything.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I caved last year to get a 5 card lodging, but I would have liked to experimented with this.
I’ve got everything from 10 in all Newspaper Accomplishments to 21 SotC to maxed Connections. I should have given it a go.

Maybe it’s something to do with Bizarre, Dreaded and Respectable? If you have 10 in all of them at once or something?

Then again, it could literally be anything, so there’s not a lot of point in speculation. It could require an access code. It could require a Gilded Crustacean, a Rubbery Conspirator, an Apple of Discord, Hesperidian Cider and a Heptagoat.

Right now, all we know is it’s possible, it’s hidden and it could be anything.[/quote]

Which won’t stop me from trying, all the harder because most, if not all players best equipped to figure it out almost certainly can’t because they are locked into their specialization.

Granted there is the possibility that it requires one of the specializations, and is an advancement beyond them, but that seems unlikely given how absurd the requirements would have to be to elude all the top players for the whole year. It’s still possible though, don’t stop searching!

Of course not. Surrender is never an option. We’re Londoners.
We carry on.

Of course not. Surrender is never an option. We’re Londoners.
We carry on.[/quote]

More than that, aren’t we (I may be paraphrasing) the Bleeding Edge Neurotic Players?

There are so many things it might be :(
I do have a stat capped character who hasn’t chosen a specialization and has all the items needed to choose one.

At the moment they are working, slowly, on raising Connections and earning enough echoes for an Overgoat (less than half way at the moment) so it will take a lot longer to get to an Ubergoat.

Another thing that might be worth considering is all four 3200 Relicker items and other unique items - Fluke Core etc.

Then there is getting other things capped - Duelist, Hunter and they haven’t even started publishing Newspapers or competing in the Tournament of Lilies.

If it is a combination of things this is going to take a long time to discover.
edited by reveurciel on 12/20/2014