I think I've run out of content.

Okay… easier repeatable heist?

Well, that’ll let me grind up some shadowy while I’m doing it, so nothing wrong with that?

I forgot to list #22 “fidgiting writer”

Still, 22 kinds of grind, not much story left…

What’s a good place to start grinding… is there a thread with the better grinds?

[quote=Ben ]I forgot to list #22 &quotfidgiting writer&quot

Still, 22 kinds of grind, not much story left…

What’s a good place to start grinding… is there a thread with the better grinds?[/quote]
Expeditions with natural docks favors are pretty much the most profitable way to spend them, but it’s only like that on average over a long period of time- one of the best payouts is one in 160, which can lead to high variance.

Another good one is drawing cards in flit to cash in revolutionaries for 28.8 echoes proscribed materials.

I don’t do proper grinds- choosing to seek the bazaar’s sorrow instead.

This wiki page has a pretty good overview, though it’s starting to show its age and is missing a couple of the newer grinds (such as Port Carnelian): http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Money-Making

Okay, and in the absence of better advice…

I’ve just gotten 100 with the remaining factions. I’m still flipping cards and will get my renoun to the final tier with the new ones that changed over, eventually.

So, any advice on the best order to do these insane things I have listed?

Anybody spot anything that I’ve not done that I could, and SHOULD?

An Ubergoat makes the Overgoat card even more profitable with the additional 10 watchful, and makes SotC 21 much easier. Grind a bunch of Unusual Love Stories for no good reason. You could collect all the tier 8 (1560 E) items - Crimson Book, Reported Location, Impossible Theorem, Veils-Velvet, Fluke-Core, Breath of the Void, and Master’s Blood. Get the best gear for all four stats in each slot. If you feel like spending Fate, do a bunch of Gallery of Serpents expeditions since they average somewhere around 5 EPA and can pay out in Tears of the Bazaar. Find a way to get all your quirks to 15.

Also you could go for the old rumor NiteBrite mentioned a while ago of needing 50 Fabulous Diamonds for a special lodgings, which would require a lot of grinding back souls and flipping cards for the Soul Trade selling your soul card.

I think I have all the best possible equipment that isn’t dependant on fate, and even some of the ones that are small amounts of fate.

… if I spent 120 fate next rose day, and somebody bounces it back to me, I can get a few more points… but I think that’s it.

I’ve been trying to get my soul back for a month, and my public just isn’t doing it for me…

All quirks to 15 was solved reciently, I’m waiting for the guide and then I’ll copy along.

So, stats to 200, then grind for uber? Then cider, then hepti?

You can check the best possible equipment for each stat (and BDR) from those links. For some reason your profile doesn’t show most items, but I can see that your ship is the Swift Zee-Clipper so getting a Zub or Yacht after finishing anything at zee is one possibility. You can actually get the Feast-gifts yourself without needing anyone else if you send the gifts to an alt and have them decline them. I don’t recall all the bundles with relevant values, but you can turn in C: Urchins on Call in Favours in the Flit for both scrap towards Relicker items and bundles, and while at zee you can loot sinking ships at the cost of suspicion and losing Magnanimous.

And yeah, Ubergoat is a first step I’d say, but solely grinding towards cider would take a couple years. I’d say it would be far more interesting to intersperse that grind with grinding for the various other accomplishments already mentioned in this thread.

Oh, one more silly grind! You could go for An Experienced Zailor 25 for a 100% success rate on that one Nadir card option, or An Experienced Zailor 24 if you have M. Demeaux’s Advice for Captains from the Sunless Sea launch.
edited by Optimatum on 4/18/2016

Yeah, I’m in the position now where I’ve got an Ubergoat, and the only non-money grinds left that I’m interested in are opportunity card based, so I’ve gotta try to keep going with Curiosities/AotB/Fidgeting Writer while waiting for my deck to refill.

I tried. It hard-caps at 20 (“this quality cannot increase because …” as opposed to “… didn’t increase because it was already above …”).

sailor 25 you say?

Challenge accepted!

(I will cap it at 20, until some way to make it higher happens!)
edited by ICountFrom0 on 4/18/2016

A twist in your tale! You are now Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies.

Lets get this up a little higher.

… I lost count of my catlike tred, had to use my masters 5 to escape prison… Eek.

Still, I got it to 2, and 3 might be possible next winter…

another thing done…

checking list news, and short story…

“I do not use the word ‘genius’ lightly, but there is no lesser word that I can in good conscience substitute…”

‘Genius.’ Well, of course. About time.

[quote=Ben ]&quotI do not use the word ‘genius’ lightly, but there is no lesser word that I can in good conscience substitute…&quot

‘Genius.’ Well, of course. About time.[/quote]
Now do you have one of each story?

[quote=Cecil ][quote=Ben ]&quotI do not use the word ‘genius’ lightly, but there is no lesser word that I can in good conscience substitute…&quot

Now do you have one of each story?[/quote]

The essential part to this, of course, is to get an Unloved Story before it’s too late. Otherwise you’d need to go on quite a long Oblivion drinking binge to get it

[quote=Ben ]&quotI do not use the word ‘genius’ lightly, but there is no lesser word that I can in good conscience substitute…&quot

Took me a while to figure what were you talking about, but congratulations!!! :D
This way I can make up my own list which I’ll pursue when I’m getting bored from the regular grinds.

Unless things have changed, it’s still possible to get an Unloved Short Story, the challenge is based on Potential instead of Persuasive.

Speaking of, the first post of this thread could be a great place for a list of potential goals. Or maybe someone can make a page on the wikia? Or would this be more stickied thread material?
edited by Cecil on 5/9/2016

Unloved short story?

That’s one I think I’m missing.

I think I’ve got 3 left to get, I’m almost done with this particular challenge.

I posted everything in the list of achivements, but there might be something I missed… Also did the new case that takes 5 favours.

Working on farming up to get the 3 new rubbery items… that’ll take time.

Eventually I’ll go back to zea and max THAT as well.

The Unloved Short Story I think comes from failing the Potential challenge for the lowest level story.