I think I've run out of content.

On the other hand, I think I’ve got 20 possible kinds of grind left ahead of me…

First I think I better grind my stats up, though possibly I can manage one of the other 19 grinds while doing that.

Would somebody please help inspire me so I don’t give up on this game?

RP is the best end-game content FL has to offer.
edited by Andrew Astherson on 3/1/2016

Goat Grinding is an overall useful thing to do. I’ve been keeping up interest by grinding up certain qualities. If you want to pursue a goat at the same time, perhaps pick a quality grind that provides an income, rather than consuming resources. Perhaps working on a Newspaper or becoming an even more masterly thief or duelist.

I think this thread might be of interest to you:
Things for a maxed out Londoner to do

Also what a lot of players do is maybe find an obsession suitable for their character and try to outperform most in one thing:
Acknowledgeable Achievements and Accoutrements

Personally I think FL is a great interactive sandbox game. So yeah, role play and storytelling is kind of the attraction for me. I currently have 6 characters and I explore quite different choices…

The main thing keeping me coming back is Exceptional Stories, and the far rarer new free stories.

I do also grind echoes for goats, which are a nice prestige item, and needed for some of the extreme watchful content. Scraps can also be ground for some fun extremely expensive items (such as the Breath of the Void.) and wine can also be ground for other valuable and singular items. It’s ultimately all just stockpiling until the (hopeful) introduction of more endgame-tier content, like continuation of the Ambitions, traveling to the Elder Continent, etc. I suppose I’ll eventually become less interested if that content never really materializes, but I’ll still play at least once a month for exceptional stories.

Right. Inspiration. I’m kind of needing it as well, and I’d say that getting involved in RP is the best thing to do. Another thing could be to not necessarily play it every day. The grinds are fairly dull, and it’s quite easy to lose interest in it, so only coming back to it every now and again will hopefully alleviate that. Finding a singular obsession to grind for as MirrorHouse suggested might be an alright way of doing it. You could even start an alt or two, were you so inclined. And finally, I don’t know whether you’ve stumbled across the Ambition of which we do not speak, but that certainly kept me interested for a good while, even though it is fairly short.

[quote=Ben ]On the other hand, I think I’ve got 20 possible kinds of grind left ahead of me…

First I think I better grind my stats up, though possibly I can manage one of the other 19 grinds while doing that.

Would somebody please help inspire me so I don’t give up on this game?[/quote]

What post-POSI stuff have you already done?
(I’m happy to suggest anything I think you’ve missed, but I don’t want to spend an hour looking up every possible end-game storyline only to find it was all for nothing.)

Fallen London’s seventh anniversary is coming and it will be here very soon. How many 7s have you prepared? Everyone needs to have 7 of at least one item, and we need to cover every item. I’m talking 7 M______B____'s, 7 impossible theorems, 7 key’s to the brass embassy, shoot we even need someone to have 7 eyeless skulls. Actually luminosity items are probably a must to have 7 of for the celebration. Everyone lets get 7 of all the luminosity items its possible to get and branch out from there. It’s probably a good idea to get 7 of at least one of the tier 7 items.

Time is running out, we only have until January 11th, 2017 to prepare. A multiple of 7 anniversary in a 7 containing year won’t come happen again until the 63 anniversary in 2073, and a similar 7/7 anniversary to this one won’t be until the 77th anniversary in 2087. If you need something to do, aid the cause and grind 7 of a thing, it doesn’t really matter what that thing is as long as its 7. Have 7 already? Pick a different thing and get 7. Have more than 7? Sell. Sell it all. Even your stats are too high. Burn the stats down until only 7s remain. There is so much to do, and yet so very little time.

If you need any more inspiration you can look through the storynexus games that are available

[quote=NiteBrite]Fallen London’s seventh anniversary is coming and it will be here very soon. How many 7s have you prepared? Everyone needs to have 7 of at least one item, and we need to cover every item. I’m talking 7 M______B____'s, 7 impossible theorems, 7 key’s to the brass embassy, shoot we even need someone to have 7 eyeless skulls. Actually luminosity items are probably a must to have 7 of for the celebration. Everyone lets get 7 of all the luminosity items its possible to get and branch out from there. It’s probably a good idea to get 7 of at least one of the tier 7 items.

Time is running out, we only have until January 11th, 2017 to prepare. A multiple of 7 anniversary in a 7 containing year won’t come happen again until the 63 anniversary in 2073, and a similar 7/7 anniversary to this one won’t be until the 77th anniversary in 2087. If you need something to do, aid the cause and grind 7 of a thing, it doesn’t really matter what that thing is as long as its 7. Have 7 already? Pick a different thing and get 7. Have more than 7? Sell. Sell it all. Even your stats are too high. Burn the stats down until only 7s remain. There is so much to do, and yet so very little time.[/quote]
I’ve never heard anyone sound so completely sane and yet so completely mad at the same time.

Forgive the newbie question (from a citizen of the early Republic, as it were, looking in on the last days of the Roman Empire).

What is &quotThe Ambition of which we do not speak?&quot Do tell.

Please feel free to communicate by PM if the issue is too explosive. Jermion is a careful soul and would hate to choose badly.

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi]What is &quotThe Ambition of which we do not speak?&quot …
Please feel free to communicate by PM if the issue is too explosive.[/quote]
PM sent. :-)
edited by Kittenpox on 3/2/2016

[quote=Kittenpox][quote=Jermaine Vendredi]What is &quotThe Ambition of which we do not speak?&quot …
edited by Kittenpox on 3/2/2016[/quote]

I made an account literally for the sole purpose of this post. Ambition we do not speak of? WHAT. Please PM?

[quote=sagalink][quote=Kittenpox][quote=Jermaine Vendredi]What is &quotThe Ambition of which we do not speak?&quot …
edited by Kittenpox on 3/2/2016[/quote]
Nevvver mind, google solves another problem!

I made an account literally for the sole purpose of this post. Ambition we do not speak of? WHAT. Please PM?[/quote]

Lets see, things I’ve done:

Banished from the Court - Mad, bad, dangerous to know

An Editor of Newspapers - A Hound for Truth

Defender of Truth - Considered reliable

Cardinal of Conspiracy - Quite strange

An Explorer of the Unterzee - The Captain

An Experienced Zailor: A Well-Known Navigator

Admitted to the House of Chimes - A Scarlet Saint

Jack’s Gone - You did it!

Honoured with a Statue - A Fine Likeness

Successful Terms as Governor - A legacy established

Acquaintance: the Captivating Princess 1

Acquaintance: Silas the Showman 1

Ambition: Nemesis 100

Caprine Authority: Crown of Eyes

Renown: Criminals 25 - Known even in Gaider’s Mourn, far across the zee

Route: the Cave of the Nadir 3 - You know the way… and so far, you’ve kept it a secret.

A Survivor of the Affair of the Box 70 - The Gratitude of Mr Fires You were hired to steal a box by a Stuttering Fence who may have betrayed you.

An Annoyance to Jack-of-Smiles 4 You have obstructed the ancient and ill-tempered murderer more than once.

Investigating the Secrets of St Dunstan’s 7 What’s going on in the crypt of St Dunstan’s?

Marked by the Eater-of-Chains 11 - Quiescent once more Your flesh festers with the toothmarks of the thing they call the Eater-of-Chains.

Archaeologist 5 - Scholar You’re much more than a common tomb-robber.

A Scholar of the Correspondence 10 - Cryptophilologist Emeritus You consider yourself the foremost authority on the Correspondence in the Neath.

Ascending the Reliables List of Mr Pages 21 - Mr Pages is captivated by your forgery; the Wilting Dandy has left with the original You are proving yourself a reliable and discreet investigator.

Plotting against the Masters 3 For pay or principle, you are working to undermine the status quo.

An Umpire of the Game of Knife-and-Candle 3 You are occasionally asked to maintain order and sportsmanship.

Master Thief 10 - A paragon of thieves You stole that which cannot be stolen.

A Fearsome Duellist 10 - Venerated You have proved your courage and skill by defeating opponents of quality.

A Bringer of Death 5 Death follows you. Even the true death. (This may ultimately be the key to your future.)

Involved in the Soul Trade 6 - You’ve encountered Sour Elizabeth You have chosen to involve yourself in the Neath’s lucrative but disturbing soul commerce.

A Shepherd of Souls 5 You have joined a cause: you work to return lost souls to their rightful owners

Acquiring Exhibits for the Labyrinth of Tigers 5 - Aided by the cunning of Mr Inch and the power of his menagerie, no quarry in London is safe from your pursuit You are supplying animals for zoological display. Live specimens fetch higher prices.

A Procurer of Savage Beasts 10 - Storied Hunter You brought them back alive, no matter how fierce, cunning or venomous.

Embroiled in the Wars of Illusion 25 - One of the GREATEST and MOST EXHILARATING ARTISTS of the NEATH - A TRUE SHOWMAN and INTRIGUER Why is there blood behind the mirrors and the smoke?

Associating with Radical Academics 7 - An Associate of the Dilmun Club You have made friends among iconoclasts and free-thinkers.

Cultivating an Acquaintance with His Amused Lordship 3 You are attempting to gain a valuable contact among the aristocracy.

A Nocturnal Visitor to the Palace Cellars 5 - You’ve revisited the many-locked door in the Palace Cellars What goes on behind those five locks?

A Zailor in the Making 3 Discovering the secrets of the Unterzee.

An Intimate of Devils 20 - A devil came into your life, and left with your soul You are on dangerously familiar terms with certain denizens of the Brass Embassy.

Featuring in the Tales of the University 40 - A Ruthless Pragmatist A hundred dusty passions burn within these ivied walls.

Uncovering the Secrets of the Face-Tailor 5 - A Dreamer of Masks A phrase heard in the rain. What does it mean?

Making Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers 16 - Engaged in Theological Husbandry Alarming beasts, exotic opportunities for work and many, many tigers.

Sympathetic about Ratly Concerns 20 You are on good terms with your Rattus Faber companions.

The Boatman’s Opponent 5 - A Frequent Player You have distinguished yourself on the chequered field. [As this increases, matches against the Boatman will become more challenging.]

Solving Cases around London 8 Neither fog nor darkness nor the stinging webs of sorrow-spiders shall obscure the truth.

Tales of Mahogany Hall 20 You’re making a name for yourself at Fallen London’s finest and most popular music hall!

Playing with Broken Toys 10 - Menacing puppets! A picture of a smiling child. Scraps of cardboard. Cogwheels and porcelain. Something is going on…

Entwined in the Intrigues of the Clathermont Family 30 Often seen at this den of spies, zailors and curiously identical triplets.

Intimate with a Secular Missionary 40 - You befriended the Missionary after the Nadir A sweet-faced lady in search of her errant husband.

Intimate with a Revolutionary Firebrand 30 - You parted ways with the Firebrand after the Nadir A very reserved gentleman.

Attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant 19 - Heavy with Fruit Ornament and companion, or lodging-invading pest? And what will it consume next?

Visiting Flute Street 14 - An Amber Veteran Traversing the depths of the Earth. The deeper depths. The depths under the… oh, you know.

Learning from a Silk-Clad Expert 9 - You’ve tutored the Silk-Clad Expert in the Correspondence Surely there’s no danger. She’s only dreamed of the spider council, after all.

Talk of the Town 8 - A Subject of Regular Debate Your name appears regularly in the salons and gossip-columns. You can trade in this quality for certain favours or recommendations.

Bound in Diocesan Intrigue 6 - A Course Set To storm Hell? Is that really the Bishop’s plan?

Fist of the Bazaar 36 A leading agent of London’s true power. (This may ultimately be the key to your future.)

Empire’s Kingmaker 117 A true patriot. Whatever your reasons. (This may ultimately be the key to your future.)

The Spinning of the Wheels 5 - One of the Lads Poking your nose into the hidden business of the Velocipede Squad.

Embarking on a Voyage of Scientific Discovery 4 - An Established Scholar Uncovering the secrets of the Unterzee for the betterment of all. Not least you.

Polythreme Ho! 1 On your way to Polythreme. Where is the Screaming Map?

The Dilmun Club: Loyalties 2 - An Ally of His Amused Lordship Who have you thrown in your lot with?

Caught in the Gear’s Teeth 1 - Out to Kill Enmeshed in the intricate machine that is the network of London’s clockmakers, toymakers and craftspeople.

Family and Law 4 - Finished for the moment Embroiled in a set-to of justice and kinfolk.

Playing with Soul 4 - Finished for the moment The spirifer and the pianist.

An Unfinished Story 6 - Menacing Millinery When Clay Men go bad. Or possibly start bad.

The Jack-of-Smiles Case 20 - Case closed You’ll get to the bottom of this if it kills you. Repeatedly.

Changed by the Iron Republic 2 What… what did that place do to you?

Something Amiss at the Temple Club 4 - Quieted Is there something uncanny going on under the ruins?

A Participant in the Underground Leagues of Knife-and-Candle 1

Assisting in an Audit 7 - Lost a colleague of the Wry Functionary

Acquainted with the Functionary’s Past 12

A Functionary’s Confidant 1

The Gift 230

Seeking a Prison of Flint 2000 - Sought and Found

Pursuing the Phonoi 104 - You granted the Snuffer mercy, and awarded her first place in the murderous competition

The Waltz that Moved the World 275 - You killed the Waltzing Duke, and took the secret he guarded

Uncovering Secrets Framed in Gold 60 - One More Story

Raking the Muck of the Neath 11

Now, the things I’m thinking of as things I might grind towards.

1. A second goat. An Uber Goat. A HeptiGoat. Cider.
  2. Couriers Footprint. (course, this requires changing job and getting the ivory telescope, real money, but…)
  3. Max all 4 stats.
  4. Captain level 12 (just go to zea and back over and over, possibly with map turn in to make them shorter)
  5. Every connection to 100 (I’m about halfway)
  6. Gold Serpentine
  7. All possible housing.
  8. Notability 15
  9. A second master’s blood (As I am trading this one for crimson book)
  10. Melancholy 15 (Via Tears of the bazaar next winter)
  11. Wedding of max return (including letter)
  12. Complete collection of short stories.
  13. Newspaper specalizations to 12
  14. Blemington
  15. All possible rewards from turning in scrap to the relicier.
  16. Max The Boatman’s Opponent
  17. Dreams, to insane levels.
  18. Prepare for Parabolan Base-Camp
  19. Consumed (Eaten even)
  20. (yes, I know about the unnamed ambition, I’ll get it eventually. Any more clues would be giving it away, so I’m not asking, I’ll get it, eventually)
  21. &quotPresence&quot

Right now I find myself raising widdow to 100.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 3/9/2016

Looking through the topic…

Yes, I have a cryptobotanical rosette (twice)

What is: PtPT: the Drownies 3

I have 3 &quotcompilation of case notes&quot Can I get more?

I have had &quotMystic and Devious Raven Advisors&quot … and could get them again as a project perhaps.

Fluke core, Check.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 3/9/2016

Yes, that’s a post of 5 pages long, with just atributes…

But I don’t know a better way to show everything I’ve done so far.

Anybody?

[quote=Ben ]Looking through the topic…

Yes, I have a cryptobotanical rosette (twice)

What is: PtPT: the Drownies 3

I have 3 &quotcompilation of case notes&quot Can I get more?

I have had &quotMystic and Devious Raven Advisors&quot … and could get them again as a project perhaps.

Fluke core, Check.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 3/9/2016[/quote]

PtPT: the Drownies is a quality received from a rare card that can be drawn during the easier repeatable heist, the card can raise it to level 2, and then you need to dump lacre buckets into the river for a rare success for the remaining 3 cp for level 3 I think. The quality itself only unlocks a little option on a nadir card and one destiny option, and you don’t need to get it for level 3, but people due it just for the heck of it.

Also, since quite a few &quotout of content&quot posts have been appearing lately, does anyone want to make a master list of obscure grinds/goals/etc.?

I finally am the proud (Terrified) owner of an Ubergoat, and am simply waiting on the rare stat boosting cards needed to finish studies in the correspondence.

On advice for some short term things to do in the mean time?