How to raise Scholar of Correspondence

Beg pardon, I meant without a Mood or specialization: Victor Alexander mentioned having to “wait for a mood” and earlier said he didn’t want to specialize, so I was curious about hitting 299.

I realized how I got that close, I was thinking I would have both the pot of Violant Ink and the Shrine. Silly me, I forgot my own profession item. I wonder what strange properties could have caused that stares blankly off in an irrigo haze

These are more correct calculations
295 with the Shrine
296 with the Pot

If there is a 40 renown item with +10 watchful instead of my ratwork watch those go up to 297 and 298, but not 299 shakes fist
edited by ShroudedInLight on 11/16/2016

I believe that the max Watchful possible today is 319.

This includes a Mood, a Profession, a Destiny, all relevant Fate and seasonal items, and being an Extraordinary Mind.

Excluding Fate (which mostly means using an Overgoat instead of an Ubergoat), Watchful 308 is possible.[/quote]

My main is at 290 with all relevant equipment that she currently has (Semiotic Monocle, Smock of Many Pockets, Ubergoat, Wax-Hardened Boots, Pot of Violant Ink, Newspaper, Library, Cultured Attache Spouse, plus Extraordinary Mind status and increased natural Watchful, bought with Notability, of 214). Unfortunately, I did not select a Destiny that gives a Watchful boost. So with a Watchful Mood, that would take me temporarily to 320 Watchful. If I can manage to get back up to Notability 15 and trade it all for another Watchful boost, that would take me to a &quotnatural&quot 215 Watchful. 215 Watchful + 76 in boosts from items = 321 Watchful.

However, I’m already at Courier’s Footprint (SoTC at 21), so the only use for an increased Watchful for me would be trying to get an Impossible Theorem, and I’m not up for that grind. Yet.

My main is at 290 with all relevant equipment that she currently has (Semiotic Monocle, Smock of Many Pockets, Ubergoat, Wax-Hardened Boots, Pot of Violant Ink, Newspaper, Library, Cultured Attache Spouse, plus Extraordinary Mind status and increased natural Watchful, bought with Notability, of 214). Unfortunately, I did not select a Destiny that gives a Watchful boost. So with a Watchful Mood, that would take me temporarily to 320 Watchful. If I can manage to get back up to Notability 15 and trade it all for another Watchful boost, that would take me to a &quotnatural&quot 215 Watchful. 215 Watchful + 76 in boosts from items = 321 Watchful.[/quote]
A Mood equips as Hat, so it would come at the expense of the Monocle. So if you currently have Watchful 290, a Mood will only take you up to 312.

Besides that, you can also potentially get the extra +1 point by pushing Notability to 15, +5 more from a Watchful Destiny, and +1 more by getting a White Glim Telescope instead of the Library, for the max of 319.

It is a pity that their is no content for reaching a courier’s footprint. Even a single card or storylet would go a long ways towards rewarding the player for the grind of getting it.

My main is at 290 with all relevant equipment that she currently has (Semiotic Monocle, Smock of Many Pockets, Ubergoat, Wax-Hardened Boots, Pot of Violant Ink, Newspaper, Library, Cultured Attache Spouse, plus Extraordinary Mind status and increased natural Watchful, bought with Notability, of 214). Unfortunately, I did not select a Destiny that gives a Watchful boost. So with a Watchful Mood, that would take me temporarily to 320 Watchful. If I can manage to get back up to Notability 15 and trade it all for another Watchful boost, that would take me to a &quotnatural&quot 215 Watchful. 215 Watchful + 76 in boosts from items = 321 Watchful.[/quote]
A Mood equips as Hat, so it would come at the expense of the Monocle. So if you currently have Watchful 290, a Mood will only take you up to 312.

Besides that, you can also potentially get the extra +1 point by pushing Notability to 15, +5 more from a Watchful Destiny, and +1 more by getting a White Glim Telescope instead of the Library, for the max of 319.[/quote]

Duh! I keep forgetting that a Mood is treated as a Hat! Thank you for the correction. I’ve wondered from time to time–how does one obtain the White Glim Telescope?

This is one of the potential items you can get by trading in an Incarnadine Fur Robe, which you can get with Fate during Christmas (or when using Fate to open the cave of the Nadir).