how do i get a fabulous diamond?

Why 50 Fabulous Diamonds, though? Because it takes 20 Magnificents to make one via the Beth Hotel Manager? Even 5 Magnificent Diamonds would be the equivalent of one top-tier item. I guess 50 pushes it up more into Overgoat range of earnings?

NiteBrite recalled a rumour of 50 x Fabulous Diamonds unlocking Paramount Presence in that thread.

Hereā€™s a fun rumour: as suggested by the item-storylet itself, thereā€™s a very rare failure when you pay a Nerveless Jeweler to split up a Fabulous Diamond into 25 Magnificent Diamonds. Or is it a failure? You do presumably get 2000 pieces of shiny gravel, and perhaps something else? Boy, youā€™d sure need an uncertainly huge amount of Fabulous Diamonds to find out!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Blackleaf?fromEchoId=4675468

I donā€™t doubt thereā€™s such a rumor, but I doubt FBG would do things that way: That would be an awful lot of Fate to pay for the privilege.

Even donā€™t believe the rumor, and Iā€™m the source :P

Woo! Got my soul back for the first time! (after having a regrettable encounter with a certain Deviless oh so long agoā€¦)

Fabulous Diamond #1/50, here I come! ^_^

This thread is a bit old, but challenge accepted!
As soon as Iā€™ll be able to get some Fate, Iā€™ll go for the Soul Trade and start the grind while doing something else.

Edit: Scrap this comment. I was entirely wrong!
edited by Kittenpox on 5/13/2016

Wait, you donā€™t need Soul Trade to sell your soul for a shinny diamond?
edited by Skinnyman on 5/13/2016

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Kittenpox][quote=Skinnyman]This thread is a bit old, but challenge accepted!
As soon as Iā€™ll be able to get some Fate, Iā€™ll go for the Soul Trade and start the grind while doing something else.[/quote]

You donā€™t need to have done the Soul Trade to obtain Fabulous Diamonds, although it does provide a couple of other action options when doing the Fate-locked method of regaining your soul. Admittedly, Iā€™m not sure how those options compare with each other as Iā€™ve not bothered testing that extensively.
(My goal is to be the first to 50 Fabulous Diamonds, not to document the most efficient path to do so. :-p )[/quote]
Wait, you donā€™t need Soul Trade to sell your soul for a shinny diamond?[/quote]

waitā€¦ let me check that.

OKAY DISREGARD EVERYTHING I JUST SAID.

waitā€¦ let me check that.

OKAY DISREGARD EVERYTHING I JUST SAID.[/quote]
A little while back Cecil asked me to screenshot some stuff. Iā€™m still in the process of doing that (just waiting for the right things to come up, and to have enough Fate to finish the task.)

But, thankfully because Iā€™ve done the screenshots, I can show this:

Sorry for the confusion! I done goofed. :(
edited by Kittenpox on 5/13/2016

[quote=Kittenpox]waitā€¦ let me check that.

Huuu, you scared me!
Anyhow, I see youā€™re already at your 13th and Iā€™ll probably start pilling them up in ~1 month or so. If none is working on this achievement, I guess youā€™ll be the first.
Unless someone throws &quotsome money&quot to buy them all ASAP. In any case, letā€™s seeā€¦ :)

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Kittenpox]waitā€¦ let me check that.

Huuu, you scared me!
Anyhow, I see youā€™re already at your 13th and Iā€™ll probably start pilling them up in ~1 month or so. If none is working on this achievement, I guess youā€™ll be the first.
Unless someone throws &quotsome money&quot to buy them all ASAP. In any case, letā€™s seeā€¦ :)[/quote]
Sorry 'bout that! Yeah, I removed the text about saying that I was aiming to be the first, because it felt like a bit of a dick move discouraging other people from attempting it too. :-) (Then I realised that Iā€™d given bad info and so edited my entire comment to show as much instead.)

Oh, itā€™s a City Vices card! No wonder I havenā€™t drawn it since I finally got my soul back. Anyone know the rarity?

While this thread is old I appreciate it being dug up as I was unaware of these ā€œCrystal Lodgingsā€. I am adding this to my list of grinds.

It will be exceptionally difficult for me as I will never sell my soul due to role-playing reasons.

I think itā€™s either Infrequent or Very Infrequent. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve checked, but I donā€™t remember it being Standard.

[quote=Blaine Davidson]While this thread is old I appreciate it being dug up as I was unaware of these &quotCrystal Lodgings&quot. I am adding this to my list of grinds.

It will be exceptionally difficult for me as I will never sell my soul due to role-playing reasons.[/quote]
At this state, itā€™s just a rumor and I doubt itā€™ll be more than that pretty soon, but it is an interesting pursuit!
And I find it funny considering your Mantelpiece! :D

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Blaine Davidson]While this thread is old I appreciate it being dug up as I was unaware of these &quotCrystal Lodgings&quot. I am adding this to my list of grinds.

It will be exceptionally difficult for me as I will never sell my soul due to role-playing reasons.[/quote]
At this state, itā€™s just a rumor and I doubt itā€™ll be more than that pretty soon, but it is an interesting pursuit![/quote]
^ This, entirely.
It is most certainly NOT confirmed in any way whatsoever. :-)
For all I know thereā€™s nothing at the end of this, aside from having 50 Fabulous Diamonds. But, only one way to find out!

Yep! :-D

Unusual frequency.

I just drew it myself after only a couple hours of living in a conventional lodgings but completely forgot to check the frequency! Good thing you caught it.