how do i get a fabulous diamond?

I dont mean the fate option, but the &quotsell your soul&quot option. What card is it i need to draw? I cant find anything on the wiki

City Vices: what profit?

I’m pretty sure you also need to be a POSI to qualify for that option, but most importantly you need to have played the fate locked soul trade and picked a side.

All methods of getting one are Fate locked as far as I know. If you are a POSI and have bought a certain story involving souls there is an option on a devil related card to sell your soul for a fabulous diamond

Can anyone link the card on the wiki? I searched for &quotfallen london what profit&quot but nothing came up

The card doesn’t have a page on the wiki since it is Fate-locked content.

One last question… Do you have to be a spirifier, or even shepherds can use that option?

While on this topic: I recently saw a post that NiteBrite made, mentioning Fabulous Diamonds. ( http://britetimes.tumblr.com/post/137528716829/whispered-hints-the-crystal-lodgings )

I’ve not played the game as long as many people here, but this is actually something I can conceivably work towards…

So I have three questions about this:

1) Does anyone else know of this thing that NiteBrite is referring to? (Or have a source of these rumours?)

2) I’ve read that the Fate cost increases each time when attempting to recover my Soul. How much Fate would be required to recover my soul 50 times? (I’ve already lost it once to the Quiet Deviless.)

3) Other than a stained soul, and living at a Remote Address (preventing the City Vices card from appearing), are there any other barriers to doing this grind?
I’d hate to begin the process and then find I’d already locked myself out of it for some reason.
edited by Kittenpox on 1/18/2016

[quote=Kittenpox]While on this topic: I recently saw a post that NiteBrite made, mentioning Fabulous Diamonds. ( http://britetimes.tumblr.com/post/137528716829/whispered-hints-the-crystal-lodgings )

I’ve not played the game as long as many people here, but this is actually something I can conceivably work towards…

So I have three questions about this:

1) Does anyone else know of this thing that NiteBrite is referring to? (Or have a source of these rumours?)

2) I’ve read that the Fate cost increases each time when attempting to recover my Soul. How much Fate would be required to recover my soul 50 times? (I’ve already lost it once to the Quiet Deviless.)

3) Other than a stained soul, and living at a Remote Address (preventing the City Vices card from appearing), are there any other barriers to doing this grind?
I’d hate to begin the process and then find I’d already locked myself out of it for some reason.
edited by Kittenpox on 1/18/2016[/quote]

[li]

1. I don’t, but I wasn’t playing when NB started.

2. A little under 7,000. Yes, I’m serious. That’s over three times as much as it would take to cash in on the Merry Gentleman.

3. Cash. 7,000 Fate is about $1250 USD. The &quotgrind&quot in question is more probably getting your soul back the free way (opening Bundles of Oddities and hoping for an exact 200).

Yes. As long as you have progressed to the end of the Trade in Souls, you can use the card. (I am a Shepherd and can speak from experience.)[/li][li]
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 1/18/2016[/li][li]
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 1/18/2016

Is this the most profitable way to sell your soul, or are there better options?

you can sell your soul at hallowmas for… special rewards (they are fate locked) but their value in echoes is the same

[quote=Jeremy Avalon]
[li]

1. I don’t, but I wasn’t playing when NB started.

2. A little under 7,000. Yes, I’m serious. That’s over three times as much as it would take to cash in on the Merry Gentleman.

3. Cash. 7,000 Fate is about $1250 USD. The &quotgrind&quot in question is more probably getting your soul back the free way (opening Bundles of Oddities and hoping for an exact 200).[/quote]

I take it back. At USD$1250, this is not something I could conceivably work towards. :-p

(The tumblr post suggested &quotBy repeatedly selling and finding your soul, you could get to 50 fabulous diamonds while avoiding most of the fate costs.&quot I guess I’d been looking at it the wrong way or something.)

Edit: OH! I see now - didn’t think about Bundles of Oddities, etc. I just thought there might have been a cheaper fate-based way to retrieve one’s soul than spending 40 Fate per conversion, and that was being referred to.
My mistake!
[/li]
edited by Kittenpox on 1/18/2016

Right, with bundles of oddities this becomes a grind comparable to cider or the heptagoat. It’s something you would be doing instead of those end game goals. Unlike those other two though, this grind is totally RNG based. Unless you grind the others with fidgeting writer then they are luck too in that case, but the point is they have non-RNG grind options (that are also non-fate). So I’m teasing you all with what is basically a cider tier grind, only harder haha :P
edited by NiteBrite on 1/18/2016

Same… high-fives all round! ^_^

Hmm… Given that I lost my soul maybe a year ago and still have yet to see it show up again I’m not gonna hold my breath on that non-Fate option. :-p
But to do the ‘standard’ non-Soul way of getting the Fabulous Diamonds, it’d be 40 Fate times 50 Fabulous Diamonds - so only 2,000 Fate total, rather than the 7k suggested above for the soul-grind. Even with a pre-requisite horrendous grind-fest towards Magnificent Diamonds, it’s suddenly become way more achievable (from my perspective, at least.)

[Seeking a fancy (and quite possibly imaginary) Lodgings is increasing…] :-p

If you may &quotcan Shepherds use that card option to gain a Fabulous Diamond&quot the answer is yes. My main character did so by accident…but hey, I was able to track my soul down again with another Fate-locked option, and now I have a Fabulous Diamond for my pains!

I would say, &quotDamn you NiteBrite for challenging me!&quot but I’m pretty sure he’s been damned for quite some time now. On a serious note, I wonder what the chances of getting a 200 on A Bundle of Oddities… are and just how long a grind like this would take. Tempting, so very tempting…
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 1/19/2016

The chance of getting a 200 on a Bundle of Oddities is one in 200 at best. Any option giving a bundle with max value 200+ can have your soul; the Your Public card’s first option and being piratical at zee are the most common options.

I cant find the card… Can anyone list the requisites it displays when you hover over it with the mouse? And describe what is the image on the card? Because i completed the trade in souls 2 months ago and i havent seen it once…

The image of the card is a devil, so you may have discarded it without noticing that it’s a different card than the usual devil ones.

Reasons you wouldn’t be able to draw it if you’ve finished Soul Trade:
Connections to hell below 5
You have your own infernal contract (already sold your soul)
Residing in a Remote Address
Bad luck (or good luck, as the case may be)

Yep, connected hell was below 5. Thank you