hold onto your balls it's a new thing in SMEN

Congratulations/Condolences on being the first to experience a true ending to their Fallen London story. May the next one be equally spectacular.

[quote=Grenem]

EDIT: anything prior to this point is fair game and available, should you find someone willing to speak. (including all 7 candles and the journey north). this is the end of seeking for those unwilling to destroy an account. The dev’s polite suggestion is on the other side of the link [Spoilers]: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
edited by Grenem on 6/20/2016[/quote]

I haven’t followed the full costs of seeking. If you did choose to &quotsurvive&quot, what would be left for you? Could you still play the game fairly normally? Regain what you lost over time?

Depends on whether you lose Obscurity after quitting. If not, your gameplay would be severely hampered.

[quote=Harlocke][quote=Grenem]

EDIT: anything prior to this point is fair game and available, should you find someone willing to speak. (including all 7 candles and the journey north). this is the end of seeking for those unwilling to destroy an account. The dev’s polite suggestion is on the other side of the link [Spoilers]: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
edited by Grenem on 6/20/2016[/quote]

I haven’t followed the full costs of seeking. If you did choose to &quotsurvive&quot, what would be left for you? Could you still play the game fairly normally? Regain what you lost over time?[/quote]
Some of it yes, some of it no. If you choose to take obscurity, there’s currently no cure. To get the last candle you need to get a certain hat, and you’re told to never take it off… so there is that, though i don’t know what happens when you do. Stains, chains and scars may be removable, but not easily. There’s probably other stuff, but i don’t know what it is off the top of my head.

Stains and scars are removable, at significant Fate costs, once you’re Free of the Name.

I don’t know if taking the knock will actually free you of the name, though, or if triggering a bad end will take it away, if it won’t, and you can cure the last candle’s side effects, then a true BDR maniac has one more mad quest. If you can’t… well. sure, it’s 4 bdr, but that’s less what you could get at the rose-feast.
edited by Grenem on 6/21/2016

The new item would be interesting, though I would have consider long and hard the route I would take to get there. . .

I wonder if the unique item actually does anything, or is merely a trophy for bragging rights. Perhaps the item removes obscurity, or otherwise helps you re-enter normal gameplay to an extent.

Another interesting things is that the description on the NORTH destination mentions that the Dilmun club might also venture there. Perhaps non-seekers will also get to visit Avid Horizon.
edited by Harlocke on 6/21/2016

If NiteBrite joins Bjorntfh does this mean that no one owns a Heptagoat and thus the title of &quotMother of Goats&quot is available?
edited by Blaine Davidson on 6/21/2016

There is another.

I must say, congratulations on being the first. I would love to know what occured, but I will respect Failbetter’s wishes on this matter.

I will say however I would be interested in a list of the hints to see if I can peice together the puzzle

Congrats!

It would be totally awesome if the player can replay FL as an ascended character with cool abilities such as being naturally to break the 200-stat barrier.

[quote=Pyrodinium]Congrats!

It would be totally awesome if the player can replay FL as an ascended character with cool abilities such as being naturally to break the 200-stat barrier.[/quote]

As cool as that sounds, it would defeat the point of Seeking. It’s not a quest to ascend and begin NG+, it’s a quest to take a shovel and bury your beloved character deep for no good reason except that you can.

and the game is down! EVERYONE IS NORTH

Damn, congratulations… I think…!
So, you’re dead dead as in real dead?
&quotIt’s bjorntfh! Welcome to Avid Horizon, delicious friend!&quot
If so I guess you were really delicious. :D
EDIT: Servers are back and I can enjoy the your journal! But how did you write all that down? Was it before you lost your head? Poor soul… :))
edited by Skinnyman on 6/21/2016

Between the Stars, indeed. Congratulations.

[quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]POST THE TRANSCRIPTS.

I can’t connect to the IRC.[/quote]
This, please. :-)
I’m curious to see what was written in the IRC.
edited by Kittenpox on 6/21/2016

Hard to hold my curiosity at bay, but knowing I won’t be able to follow this path anytime soon I must ask this: bjorntfh, if you’ll ever wish to share some knowledge about the final steps, I would love to receive a PM/see a forum post.
Cheers!
P.S.: Lovely signature, Kittenpox! :p Keeps changing more and more!

I would join and say that as an absolute lore nut (especially in relation to the judgements/Salt) I would love to know if the final steps are ever shared in some sort of closed/enigma-ish group. My character would never seek the name for roleplaying reasons, and I have nowhere near the necessary time to level an alt, sadly.

london isn’t the 6th though, London is the 5th.

Is the deal already made, is paris to fall after all?

Are all of us to be smashed in the fall of paris even with this sacrifice and JUDGEMENT?