Heading North - Everything Must Go

Delicious friends, my friend Galatea is close to achieving her goal, foolish and terrible though it is. She is a cruel and capricious woman, and I do not understand her desire to destroy herself by going North, but I cannot stop her. I have pleaded with her to see reason, but all I have accomplished is influencing her to write the following letter, which she has asked me to share.

Darlings, I am moving beyond you all. This city never truly appreciated me, but then, when has it ever really appreciated anything? Mercutio tells me I am a fool, but all of you who think the Bazaar might yield your heart’s desire – you are the fools. The heart is destiny’s engine, and I am seizing it with both hands and taking what’s mine. No more broken promises, no more undelivered messages, no more, no more. At long last, I will know, I will see, and I will burn forever, bright and shining and done with you all.

But never let it be said that I am ungracious or without pity. Not Galatea LaChance. Let the end come in style, I say.
I have packed what few things I intend to take with me, and rest… is just fodder. It’s all yours. First come, first served! I am bundling all I have left into whatever boxes and bags lie about the place, and you can take them and claim whatever’s inside.

And for one lucky idiot, I am leaving a certain calling card. May you choke on it.

Bon chance, bon soir, my friends. The reckoning has been postponed far too long. I intend to open the door and welcome it in, gracious hostess to the last.

~ Galatea

So there you have it. I’ve looked through her home, and calculated that there will be 15 gift-boxes available when she’s done. She’ll likely be heading North this evening, so it’s first come first served.

Reply to this post if you want a gift package sent your way – I’ll be using up the remaining Fate on my alt’s account to send out unexpected packages. I’ve already posted this on Tumblr as well, so the first 15 to ask between the forums and Tumblr will get them.
edited by mr_mercutio on 7/9/2016

So, if we look for her tomorrow, we will find her a grave woman?

– Mal

I would gladly take a box. But please do not send the card. I have no desire to go on that fool’s errand though my significant other does. DX

Ooh! I would certainly appreciate a box

The ranks of the Northridden swell!

If boxes are on offer, Barselaar would surely appreciate one! I need all the help I can get to recover from my own journey NORTH, which I barely survived.

Dok Scorp would appreciate a gift box. Those who have the conviction to seek the North have my support.

A box, you say? I will take any box you need to not have with you, and for free as well!

I will accept a box. I have no need for a card (I’m not even sure one could be sent?)

Never hurts to have another box.

I’d love a box if there’s still one free!

And bon voyage to your friend.

[quote=Mr. Mercutio ]Delicious friends, my friend Galatea is close to achieving her goal, foolish and terrible though it is. She is a cruel and capricious woman, and I do not understand her desire to destroy herself by going North, but I cannot stop her. I have pleaded with her to see reason, but all I have accomplished is influencing her to write the following letter, which she has asked me to share.

Darlings, I am moving beyond you all. This city never truly appreciated me, but then, when has it ever really appreciated anything? Mercutio tells me I am a fool, but all of you who think the Bazaar might yield your heart’s desire – you are the fools. The heart is destiny’s engine, and I am seizing it with both hands and taking what’s mine. No more broken promises, no more undelivered messages, no more, no more. At long last, I will know, I will see, and I will burn forever, bright and shining and done with you all.

But never let it be said that I am ungracious or without pity. Not Galatea LaChance. Let the end come in style, I say.
I have packed what few things I intend to take with me, and rest… is just fodder. It’s all yours. First come, first served! I am bundling all I have left into whatever boxes and bags lie about the place, and you can take them and claim whatever’s inside.

And for one lucky idiot, I am leaving a certain calling card. May you choke on it.

Bon chance, bon soir, my friends. The reckoning has been postponed far too long. I intend to open the door and welcome it in, gracious hostess to the last.

~ Galatea

So there you have it. I’ve looked through her home, and calculated that there will be 15 gift-boxes available when she’s done. She’ll likely be heading North this evening, so it’s first come first served.

Reply to this post if you want a gift package sent your way – I’ll be using up the remaining Fate on my alt’s account to send out unexpected packages. I’ve already posted this on Tumblr as well, so the first 15 to ask between the forums and Tumblr will get them.
edited by mr_mercutio on 7/9/2016[/quote]

I would be interested in a gift package. If I’ve asked too late, very well. If not, thank you for your generosity! Best of luck with Galatea’s …voyage.

I do not need a box, though you are most kind to have her offer.

If it is possible to send a certain calling card to one who is not currently Seeking I would dearly love it; for when I do Seek. If an actual Seeker asks, or it is impossible, then I shall obtain my own in time.

But my character has a deep connection to the myth of Galatea, and it would mean much to my Abs if the person who brought them to Seek in the end by sending them a certain calling card was named Galatea.

Ever forward Galatea – flank speed, and damn the torpedoes.

[quote=absimiliard]I do not need a box, though you are most kind to have her offer.

If it is possible to send a certain calling card to one who is not currently Seeking I would dearly love it; for when I do Seek. If an actual Seeker asks, or it is impossible, then I shall obtain my own in time.

But my character has a deep connection to the myth of Galatea, and it would mean much to my Abs if the person who brought them to Seek in the end by sending them a certain calling card was named Galatea.

Ever forward Galatea – flank speed, and damn the torpedoes.[/quote]

I have heard that 7 in the stat of progress is required to accept this card, so that’s not happening anytime soon.

I would love a box, if you have any to spare.

I hope you find what you seek.

A box would be excellent if you have one left. I hope you find answers, if not fulfillment.

Probably for the best then.

Many people will be happy I can not accept such a thing now.

@absimiliard: you could get 7 points in SMEN without hurting your character too much (might need one Weeping Scar, not sure). Then you could rest with the card until you’re ready to Seek in earnest. It takes one card out of play, but since there are now multiple examples in circulation, that’s not causing any injury to other players.

– Mal

If I counted correctly, I’d be Box #13? ;)

I’d appreciate a box, no doubt, but if it’s a card you’re offering…well, I’d be more than happy to relieve the good Lady of her burden.

Going off phryne’s counting (assuming I get a delivery in the first place), I’d be delivery #14 correct?
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 7/9/2016