Happy Ratmas!

I wonder if the 77 Fate option ensures that the rat will be defused while not removing it from your inventory. I just dumped like 110 Fate into the game yesterday though, and now I’m a bit miffed I blew it on fancy storylets.[li]

Burning a rat will not preserve the rat.

[/li][li][color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Nag dab it, Alexis! My hoarder instincts dictate I hold on to the Glorious Rat, yet if I do my Ray-Drenched Cinder is at risk![/color][/li][li]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Truly, Fallen London offers the best moral choices out of any game released since they became a thing.[/color]
[/li][li]
[/color]
[/li][li]
[/color]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Green dots are green.[/color]
[/li][li][/li][li]
[/li][/color]
[li]EDIT: They’re not actually green. This is weird; please help me.[/li][li]
edited by OPG on 12/8/2013[/quote]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]It’s okay, when the dots show up, none can help them. You have quoted dots and the dots will never end.
[/li]

You could just switch to HTML view and edit out all the [ li][/ li] tags :V

I am greatly sad! I have not yet received any glorious rat candle. Very curious about it indeed.

would you say you’re candlecurious

I think I’m alright with Alexis not sending me one of these (even though I sent rats the one time I got the card). I think the less of these there are, the better. Stealing all your candles sounds awful. Also, I fear they could fall into the wrong hands, and someone could take Forthigan’s… The last thing we need is more betrayals.

I DID NOT KNOW THIS. You are a wise rat.

Oh phew lighting my Rat of Glory did not lose me any candles.

Unless there’s a secret living story in there somewhere to do terrible things to us.

It’s a rare ‘success’, as far as I can tell. If you lit it without a hitch, you’re safe.

Has anyone else been hit? :U I was lucky enough not to lose my sole candle of the Saints, but they did take some foxfires and my sole mourning candle, and I got beat up a bit. Mostly I was just terrified out of my skull.

So exciting! I sent rats this morning and came home from work to find the rat of glory!
Alexis, we love you for rewarding our ridiculousness with well-written torturous dilemmas!
I sold most of my stockpiled mourning candles while I decide what to do with this… What to do, what to do?

Well played, sir, well played indeed.

bows

What fun - thanks, spacemarine! Apparently my gift of Royal Rats, accompanied by a million rat-serfs, does not trigger this extra lagniappe of Glory, though - rattus spacemarinus do not suit the tastes of tigers, it seems.

It is very scary! Someone gave me St Destin’s candle, after all, I feel a responsibility not to lose it. I think I’m going to have to go the safe route after all, since I already have a PLN [tm Terry Pratchett] for my Enigmas and this is no time to get greedy. Still, what a lovely, lovely dilemma.

Edit: don’t really know what I’m going to do with two Scuttering Squads, but my candles are safe, and that’s the main thing.
edited by an_ocelot on 12/8/2013

I just want to keep the thing and never let it go, but it’ll probably squirm out and eat my candles. Can’t I store it in a glass of formaldehyde to prevent any rat thieves from waking up? I mean sure it might get all soggy and not work as an actual candle any more, but I want to keep it as a mantelpiece item in all its glory. So cruel!

The safe route is terrifyingly expensive, however. Given that I’m the only person that’s tripped the sleeper (and come forth about it), I’d venture it’s pretty rare? Probably?

Such is the dilemma :U

I’ve also gotten a Rat d’Gloire! Used it, and chose the Stuttering Company route. And I got… the Stuttering Company companion. Pretty good! If I hadn’t already had it. As it was, sold it for a measly 10 Echos. In hindsight I should’ve probably kept the furry thing, seeing as how I don’t seek the name, but oh well, what’s done is done.

I think Searing Enigmas are about to become important, either in Seeking or otherwise. The option from this item, as well as the new and costly route at the University, all build up to lend them significance. I’d recommend taking the chance and exchanging it for the Enigmas; unless you’re a Seeker - in which case hang on to the the thing, you might use it to take a Candle from someone else.[li]
edited by IHNIWTR on 12/8/2013

Look on the God’s Editors card to see what the deal is with Searing Enigmas. And personally I don’t think holding onto the Rat for the remote possibility of snatching a candle is worth it. That’s way too much to potentially lose, and it’s a massive loss for the one you’ve stolen it from. The item is awesome and all, but I don’t like taking unnecessary risks. Instead I’ll keep the message for accepting to remember this by. ^^
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/8/2013

I’m just gonna hold onto the little guy myself.

H-he wouldn’t betray me, right? I put him on my mantel and everything!

My small parcel of rats did not elicit one in response, however what a great response to a community driven event. Here’s to the inaugural Ratmas. Merry Ratmas one and all