Hallowmas 1897

[color=#0066ff]

[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The gaslamps flicker in the street. Sensible Londoners draw their curtains close and bank their fires high in their hearths. The Season of Hallowmas is here.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Hallowmas has returned to London! The Feast of Masks! A free festival, open to all citizens.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Hallowmas is a time of licence and liberty, when Londoners are permitted to don masks and engage in activities of dubious respectability. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Go masked to exclusive Hallowmas parties. Raise your scandal, suspicion and nightmares, and unburden yourself to the seven Attendants. Expose certain of your Companions to the sights of Hallowmas and leave them changed.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Feast of Masks[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]There’s a lot you can get away with when wearing a mask.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]There are three masks available at Hallowmas. Select yours, gain access to a secretive Hallowmas revel, and indulge yourself to raise your Scandal, Suspicion or Nightmares. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Attendants[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]In the small hours of the morning, seven individuals were brought to the Bazaar. Their identities concealed, each is now only the bearer of their mask. They have become the Attendants.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Many Londoners wear masks. Only seven have been called on to do so by the Masters themselves. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Smiling Jester. The Glasswhisper. The Knight of Numbers. The Silent Shame. The False Student. The Fool’s Apostate. Hammerstrike.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Specific combinations of Confessions can be brought to the Visitors if you have a certain Companion. These Confession combinations can then be used to upgrade that Companion to a new, Hallowmas version.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Confessions[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Confessions will be released for free during the Festival, and also available to buy for Fate. You will receive a maximum of 13 free Confessions (some in week one, and more in week two). [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]There are six types of Confession in total, though not all will be available until the second week of the festival. Confessions can be unlocked on the Streets of London: Hallowmas 1897 card, and traded with other players to achieve the combination you desire.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]In order to make a trade with someone else in Fallen London, you will need to add them as an acquaintance, either by visiting their profile page and clicking ‘add contact’ or by typing in their character name during the trade.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Begin trading with other players on The Streets of London: Hallowmas 1897, available throughout London.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Spirit of Hallowmas[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Throughout the festival, look for a card in the Opportunity Deck called The Fool’s Judgement. This will allow you to convert Scandal, Suspicion or Nightmares into Spirit of Hallowmas.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]At the end of the festival, you’ll be visited by a special character who will provide rewards dependent on the level of your Spirit of Hallowmas. The nature of this character will depend on the Menace you’ve most frequently converted.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Destinies[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Feast of Masks, when opposites meet at midnight! This is the season of unexpected guests… who carry terrible glimpses of possible futures. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Acquire a destiny, or change yours for a new one. This can only be done at certain times of the year, so take advantage of the chance! Begin with Attract a Visitor at Hallowmas.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Your Presence is Awaited[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]This year, London’s Feast of Masks will take place from 24th October until the 7th of November. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]You will be able to glimpse your Destiny from the 31st of October.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]After the festival closes on the 7th, you’ll be able to turn in confessions and claim rewards until the 14th.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]We hope you enjoy the revels![/color]

Well, I’m excited. It seems we’ve got an interesting year ahead of us. Thank you particularly for letting us know up front how many confessions we have to work with.

I love what I have seen so far. The mechanics seem simple and straightforward, the locations are wonderful, but most importantly, this feels like an actual celebration across the city, with lots of things to do, and parties, and merriment, and mayhem, and… and… masks! Actual masks that matter!

So, we can get 7 confessions for now, and 6 more after that?
edited by Kharsirr Lynx on 10/24/2019

hallomass now eh time to chug black wings absinthian

13 Free confessions, while you need 25 to get all companion upgrades. That’s going to mean a few hard choices next week. The Cryptanalyst & Cathulu companions are nice though.

My fellow citizens might wish to know that choosing the “Change Your Mask” option commits one to doing so (i.e., there is no “perhaps not”) at the cost of 10 points of the Spirit of Hallowmas.

Time to spend all my favors on parties and regret nothing. Onward to Hallowmas spirit!

I wonder: is there a particular significance behind the Smiling Jester, or is the lovely new art just to make us all jealous for his mask?

(Also, is it weird to anyone else that the tall guy holding up his wine glass is actually a Winsome Dispossessed Orphan?)
edited by Siankan on 10/24/2019

[quote=Siankan]I wonder: is there a particular significance behind the Smiling Jester, or is the lovely new art just to make us all jealous for his mask?

(Also, is it weird to anyone else that the tall guy holding up his wine glass is actually a Winsome Dispossessed Orphan?)
edited by Siankan on 10/24/2019[/quote]

Incredible how fast they’re growing up, eh?

Perhaps it’s one from the first batch we’ve sent to the tigers of the Wakeful Court, finished with his… apprenticeship?

I am more perturbed by the fact that you need to trade with Acquaintances. My Acquaintances have maxed out a long while ago.

For any of them listening, I have (among other things) 3 Confessions of Curiosity. I seek to trade two of them One for a Confession of Guile, one for a Confession of Whimsy.

Maybe it’s two Orphans in a big trenchcoat, toasting you with grape juice?

Just found out that menace levels from gear DO count when meeting the Fool. That makes using Scandal considerably easier.

This is my first Hallowmas, so i don’t understand the whole process concept. Maybe i’m stupid, but what are masks used for? And which mask is tied with which menace?

About whole concept, so first i get confession (13 total for free?) and i can trade them for different ones or use them for companions upgrades at Attendants. Is there somewhere list of each companion bonus? Is there possibility to plan ahead for particular companion or is it luck based?

What is point of attracting a visitor?

If i already have destiny, can i change it for free now?

Thanks for any helpfull answer.

I’ve never considered a Rubbery Feline before, but perhaps it was what I needed all along…

I’m also maxed out on contacts, but the site redesign apparently works around this. If you try to add a contact while at the contact limit, they won’t be permanently added to your list, but while in that social action you can still select them as recipient.

[quote=fafer.forums]This is my first Hallowmas, so i don’t understand the whole process concept. Maybe i’m stupid, but what are masks used for? And which mask is tied with which menace?

About whole concept, so first i get confession (13 total for free?) and i can trade them for different ones or use them for companions upgrades at Attendants. Is there somewhere list of each companion bonus? Is there possibility to plan ahead for particular companion or is it luck based?

What is point of attracting a visitor?

If i already have destiny, can i change it for free now?[/quote]

So, there’s a few different moving parts here.

• You can raise Spirit of Hallowmas by getting Scandal, Suspicion, or Nightmares to 7. There’s a Masque corresponding to each menace, and it usually costs a Favour to enter, but having a Mask lets you enter the corresponding Masque for free and unlocks extra options inside. You can change your Mask to explore all the options by spending Spirit of Hallowmas.[/li][li]Confessions can be used to upgrade specific companions. Each upgrade requires a specific combination of confessions, so you can trade with other players to get ones you need. Information on each companion’s stats will soon be available on the wiki. Note that some companions require confessions that aren’t available this week.[/li][li]Attracting a visitor lets you get a Destiny, or a couple other niche uses. Changing your Destiny costs fate. There’s some cool text you can explore though.

edited by Optimatum on 10/24/2019

also first Hallowmas but I think I get whats going on the masks provide free entry to a pavilion associated with said mask devil scandle moth nighmares crown suscpicion if you don’t have a mask you must pay a favour for entery they are located in spite veilgarden and watchmaker hill a visitor is the way to get a destiny if you already have one you need to spend fate to change it I beleve the confessions are random but I don’t know

How does one acquire a Rubbery Feline in the first place? Is it fate-locked?

I have a short memory, but I believe the option to acquire the Feline (and the other new companion) appears in the Hallowmas storylet.

Oh, excellent, thank you! I’ve also noticed there seems to be no limit on my ability to gain confessions today, which I’m not sure is intentional…

[quote=Siankan]
edited by Siankan on 10/24/2019[/quote]

I just got an opportunity card about the Winsome Dispossessed Orphan stealing Laudnum.

So honestly, it’s in character.