Hallowmas 1896: The Mystery of the Rosers

In terms of getting all companions…wouldn’t the Unassuming Judge upgrades be mutually exclusive?

I still don’t see any storylet for acquiring confessions. I did, however, notice that the storylet explaining how to get them mentions that you can trade progress with a faction for more.

Hopefully, this means that we’ll be able to increase faction progress without using confessions as the festival progresses.

Is the Wretched Mog new? (As an item in Fallen London, that is; I know it was in Sunless Sea.)

Only if you can’t get another one after upgrading. The storylet is locked by owning an unassuming judge, as far as I can tell? So if it’s gone it might work again?

Once you upgrade the Judge, you can get a new one for five Society favours in the Palace.

Yes, at the cost of doing basically anything else.

[quote= Saklad]I still don’t see any storylet for acquiring confessions. I did, however, notice that the storylet explaining how to get them mentions that you can trade progress with a faction for more.

Hopefully, this means that we’ll be able to increase faction progress without using confessions as the festival progresses.[/quote]

Looks like you get one progress for one confession or from upgrading one companion. The question is whether progress has any uses besides betrayals, in which case three progress for one confession is a waste. (There should be a separate storylet to get a couple free confessions, like last year.)

[quote=Isaac Gates]So I can get the Contrarion’s weapon without spending any fate?

(I can’t say as I care very much about the companions, I already have an unreasonably large personal menagerie & entourage… I might get one with the leftover confessions…)
edited by Isaac Gates on 10/24/2018[/quote]

The scuttering squad upgrade might make them pretty close to ‘best in slot’ (provided you aren’t trying to compete with Watchful I guess).

A previous Hallowmas upgraded the Rubbery Bellringer. You could just play the storylet to get another one afterwards. In this case, you’ll be able to upgrade the Unassuming Judge, get another one, upgrade THAT one, then get another.

[quote=Isaac Gates]Alrighty then, I guess I’ll use my secret obsessed alt to figure out the mystery then.

Unless… I was told recently that you can use hallowmas as a way to bypass a significant amount of grinding SMEN, if that’s the case- how so exactly?[/quote]

To get a destiny of torment I believe, and thus earn St. Destin’s candle?

https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/The_Name

[quote=Isaac Gates]Alrighty then, I guess I’ll use my secret obsessed alt to figure out the mystery then.

Unless… I was told recently that you can use hallowmas as a way to bypass a significant amount of grinding SMEN, if that’s the case- how so exactly?[/quote]

Assuming the same action exists this Hallowmas, you also can find someone else with SMEN 35, St. Cerise’s Candle and not St. Destin’s Candle, who has to sacrifice one of each Confession to cause massive stat damage to you both (halved stats for them, -200 CP each for you) to give both of you St. Destin’s Candle.
edited by Parvorus on 10/24/2018

What stats does the new weapon have?

Apparently, +20 persuasive.

And +2 Dreaded.

Does the asking him about what he’s been up to give any items, or just lore? I know it costs 10 Favor, but how much Favor is a confession worth?

And +2 Dreaded.[/quote]
Dreaded? Again? I know it affects almost nothing, but I’d expect something like +2 Respectable. You know, to mix it up.

What about the scuttering squad upgrade?

10 favour gets you a 2.5E Extraordinary implication and:

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Sobrique/14988577

I feel a little bit robbed. I don’t feel that’s worth 2 confessions, especially if they’re limited.

And +2 Dreaded.[/quote]
Dreaded? Again? I know it affects almost nothing, but I’d expect something like +2 Respectable. You know, to mix it up.[/quote]
I don’t know about you, but I’d be Dreading any argument with the Contrarian…

I’ve also been noticing TONS of typos in the new Hallowmas content. All minor so far–misplaced commas, missing periods, improperly punctuated dialogue–but disappointing nonetheless. All of FBG’s new content has been getting slowly but steadily worse in that regard for the past several years, but I haven’t seen this density of typos so far.

Me: When the option to acquire Confessions disappares completely. “Well this is garbage.”

Seriously, why does this Hallowmas punish you for having hight MW?

Perhaps we will have the chance to acquire extra confessions next week? Via Flash Lays, Heists, Cases or any other mechanic?