Hallowmas 1894 is Here!

There’ll probably be more free confessions, otherwise pre-PoSI players would be out of luck.

Doesn’t look like it. Yet. As it stands it seems they’re fixing the event as they go along (see that Hidden fate option vanishing again and I think they added the explicit mention of how much notability the one thing costs). I wouldn’t be surprised if new ways appear in the next few days, or at least next week

I hear you. Even at 28 BRD it’s not super fun. I’m already missing my alt that had 32. The storylet that explains where you get confessions states that we’ll get more free ones over the course of the event but it’s pretty vague about frequency.

this is probably a dumb question with an obvious answer, but using our confessions to upgrade our companions uses up those confessions, doesn’t it?

Does anyone have an echo for any of the A Friend of Sinning Jenny Lurks storylets?

I’m looking for methods tonget confessions from friends, but I’m still not seeing them. Out of curiosity, what’s the best way to grind rubbery renown the bellringer?

Am I the only one stupid enough to choose “I don’t need a companion for free” option? Because I feel very stupid now.

If you have access to Flute Street, that provides a means of grinding Rubbery Favours on demand. Otherwise, you’re waiting for the faction card, or PoSI can use the Polite Invitation card to try and get favours from the Tentacled Entrepreneur at the party.

You mean what happens if you trade a confession? I have one for the Illuminated Gentleman.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak?fromEchoId=9958235

As an Obscure player, am I also locked out of more confessions?

If you have access to Flute Street, that provides a means of grinding Rubbery Favours on demand. Otherwise, you’re waiting for the faction card, or PoSI can use the Polite Invitation card to try and get favours from the Tentacled Entrepreneur at the party.[/quote]

Trading the illuminated man’s confession gets you two favours as well.

Many Seeking Players will say you are not stupid at all and worthy of praise

My partner actually did this on principle, as she did not want to acquire an indentured servant for no pay just to traumatise them or sell them back to the Bazaar.

This Hallowmas is going to KILL my companion collectoritis

Welcome, delicious friend, to the club. It’s a good kind of pain.[li]

Why the Devious Henchman (religious/infernal split is still awesome)? The (dangerous) Ruthless Henchman seems like a better candidate value and type-wise. More hilarious, too, I wanted to see his Waltzing lessons bears fruit.

Hoping for upgraded Ruthless next year. But this year is super duper awesome since I can’t log on all the time to confess!

If I don’t get three new confessions tomorrow, I’m going to start grinding Notability. I’m always building up Making Waves in the form of Talk of the Town and the Salon, and I have an optimal BDR of 21 (I really wish we could have more than four inventory slots so I could just switch to my BDR set). Anyway, Notability is very easy to build at that level, so I should be able to do quite well. The only real concern is building it back up in time for Christmas.

Am I missing something, or Flute Street a) gives one Favour per carousel and b) doesn’t allow to use Pulsating Amber, so one has to c) spend 5 actions to get out every 7 carousels and then d) spend another 10 actions to come back?

I wouldn’t bother with this method of grinding Renown for Bellringer (and it seems that others are not better, unfortunately).

I hear you!

[quote=Dima Lazarev]Am I missing something, or Flute Street a) gives one Favour per carousel and b) doesn’t allow to use Pulsating Amber, so one has to c) spend 5 actions to get out every 7 carousels and then d) spend another 10 actions to come back?

I wouldn’t bother with this method of grinding Renown for Bellringer (and it seems that others are not better, unfortunately).[/quote]
You are not missing anything. However, it’s not like grinding renown is exactly trivial in any form, except for the card based options of parties and the rubbery card. If you want rubbery favors fast, the only really viable routes are flute street and trading for illuminated gentlemen confessions, then turning them in for two favors apiece. The latter is not what I would call trivial, either, as you’re burning through your confessions stockpile, and who knows how many free or semi-free ones we’ll get?