Hallowmas 1894 is Here!

[color=#cc0099]A fierce explosion shakes London. It reverberates through the cobbles like the passing of an underground train. Flakes of ash - or snow? - rain down upon nearby roofs…An unexpected delivery has brought Hallowmas to your feet![/color]
[color=#cc0099]
Hallowmas has returned! The Feast of Masks will take place from 24th October until the 7th November. This is the season of unexpected guests and dangerous revelations! To begin, find Hallowmas: An Explosion Shakes London!, available throughout London.[/color]

[color=#cc0099]Confessions at the Feast of Masks[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Don your mask and collect confessions. Then it’s your choice to trade them to friends, factions, or other prominent people of the Neath. No secret is safe.[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
Confessions will no longer grant the Spirit of Hallowmas, instead, certain pairings of confessions will allow you to enhance particular companions.[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
Divulged secrets from particular figures in Fallen London will also allow you to honour them or betray their trust. Just beware, confessions are tricksy, and you may find the second week of Hallowmas brings additional opportunities. And of course, be sure to make any decisions about the confessions you’ve gathered from any characters by 7th November![/color]
[color=#cc0099]
We’ve set up a space to trade confessions, or feel free to search out your own with #HallowmasTrade. In order to make a trade with someone else in Fallen London, you will need to be certain they are on your contact list. Add your acquaintance either by visiting their profile page and clicking ‘add contact’ or by typing in their character name during the trade.[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
At the end of the festival, Mr. Huffam will still be about, looking to interview festival-goers and some of your new companions. While the Spirit of Hallowmas is absent this year, you will still discover a Hallowmas epilogue and special epithet. [/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Destinies[/color]
[color=#cc0099]The Feast of Masks, when opposites meet at midnight! This is the season of unexpected guests… who carry terrible glimpses of possible futures. [/color]
[color=#cc0099]
The ability to acquire or change your destiny will be the same as previous years. This can only be done at certain times of the year, so be sure to take advantage of the chance! Begin with Attract a Visitor at Hallowmas.[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Exceptionally Scary Stories[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Some of Fallen London’s stories are darker than others. For the duration of Hallowmas, three Exceptional Friendship stories will be available for purchase at a discount: The Haunting at the Marsh-House, The Art of Murder, and The Waltz that Moved the World. [/color]
[color=#cc0099]
To purchase one of these exceptionally scary stories, or to restart one of them, find A Hallowmas Special throughout London, or visit the Fate page.

[/color]
[color=#cc0099]******

[/color][color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]–31st October 2016–[/color]
[color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]
Hello delicious friends! Today marks the start of the last week of Hallowmas. You will find that what may have been originally hidden will now be revealed. Confessions imparted to you in confidence can now be honoured or betrayed. Sometime after the 14th, any leftover confessions will begin to disappear. But fear not! Mr. Huffam will be around from the 7th, and eager to trade them for rewards.[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]–7th November 2016–

[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Delicious friends! Due to the server hijinx over the weekend, we are extending Hallowmas for one day. Alongside that, we have released one extra free confession.
[/color][color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]
Please make sure to finish any and all Hallowmas activities ahead of its official close, tomorrow, the 8th of November, at noon GMT. Including:[/color]

• [color=#cc0099]Destinies[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Trading confessions[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Enhancing companions[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Betraying or Honoring any of last years’ confessions[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Purchasing any of the Exceptional Stories on sale for Hallowmas[/color]

[color=#cc0099]
[/color]edited by Absintheuse on 10/24/2016
edited by Absintheuse on 10/31/2016
edited by Absintheuse on 11/7/2016

I can’t believe I can upgrade a goldfish. This is amazing.

Ah, I’m loving the companion upgrades! Even if the portrait edits are kinda hilarious in a few cases…

One small niggle: Why aren’t the confessions named “A Confession from X”, so that they’d get sorted together in the (massive) Curiosities section?

WHICH COMPANION?; A PLAY IN THREE ACTS

ACT 1: Sir Frederick, seated on a sofa. &quotAh, heavens! A free companion, to mark the Feast of Masks! How jolly! But whichever shall I choose? I shall take the young lady, for I can always hire the others if I find I want them.&quot
ACT 2: Sir Frederick reviews the Feast festivities. &quotHow interesting! Tigers, and the Mayor, and I see the goldfish made it after all! And what’s this… I see that the young lady can become… an esotericist…&quot
ACT 3: Sir Frederick reflects on his wisdom. &quotYes, I made the right decision. And to all a good night!&quot
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 10/24/2016

How often are we getting more mystery confessions? Every day?
edited by suinicide on 10/24/2016

First two tries yielded the same confession.
That Illuminated Gentleman’d better b___er off with his d____d confessions!
edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 10/24/2016

This Hallowmas revision is incredible!
The main story and additional confession lore, the many new companions with their new art.
Very exciting. Thank you, FBG, for the new refreshing event!
Also, an added bonus - no need to spend every action for the next 3 weeks on gaining and trading confessions.

AGH! This is my first Hallowmas, I’m so overwhelmed and confused! >_<

Julias, the content is entirely new, so we’re all in the same boat! From what I can see, here’s the basic form:

1. You want to gather as many NPC confessions as you can. There are 7 different Ones available. You can get 3 confessions for ‘free’ from the mysterious confessions storylet (this may be daily, unknown for now). After that, you can either pay 5 notability, some fate, or trade any duplicate confessions with other players to get more.

2. You can use certain combinations of confessions to get upgrade companions into new ones. Currently most of the companions come from the Bazaar, and more will be revealed next week, so it’s worth gathering as many confessions as possible if you want to nab them all.

3. As a side show, each day a different NPC from Sunless Sea will pop up to confess something. If it follows last year, you will be able to either betray or keep these confessions in exchange for some small goodies.

4. More will be revealed!

Uhm, i haven’t checked all the possibilities yet, but haven’t FBG told this Hallowmas would have a new mechanics but the very first thing i open require nightmares 5. So much for a new mechanics lol

“There are ten new versions of your companions to unlock. Five are available from the first week of Hallowmas. Another five will join them in the second.”
Now, I have The Alluring Accomplice, The Devious Henchman and The Grubby Urchin, which I think they don’t count, followed by The Cheerful Goldfish, The Watchful Doll, The Rubbery Bellringer and The Bengal Tigress.
I say the last count, but there are only 4, not 5. Does the 5th have an option which is hidden if one doesn’t own the certain companion?

All of this is new: so is everyone else, this year.[li]

From the primer: &quotOnce a day there will be a chance to trade a specific confession for one of several others. Look for these options in various parts of London!&quot

To save you some time: today’s is in Ladybones Road. You can trade Jenny’s for the Illuminated Gentleman’s or the Kashmiri Princesses’s. ;)

Confession: I actually dreamed about this game last night. Nitebrite (as the Merciless Modiste) came to my house, then mysteriously departed with two big guys in a giant pickup truck loaded with guitars. Um, yes, I’ll just let myself out.

Anyway, I’ve been looking forward to this holiday for weeks now, so off to FL.

Edited for spelling.
edited by Myrto on 10/24/2016

Yay rubbery bellringer buff! It can now be, once again, (one of) the best fate-free companions!

[quote=Skinnyman]&quotThere are ten new versions of your companions to unlock. Five are available from the first week of Hallowmas. Another five will join them in the second.&quot
Now, I have The Alluring Accomplice, The Devious Henchman and The Grubby Urchin, which I think they don’t count, followed by The Cheerful Goldfish, The Watchful Doll, The Rubbery Bellringer and The Bengal Tigress.
I say the last count, but there are only 4, not 5. Does the 5th have an option which is hidden if one doesn’t own the certain companion?[/quote]

By my understanding, all ten are currently visible: 2 for Accomplice, 2 for Urchin, 2 for Henchman, and one each for Tigress/Goldfish/Doll/Bellringer. It’s just that you can only get the confessions for five of them in the first week, with the other confessions showing up next week.

[quote=Skinnyman]&quotThere are ten new versions of your companions to unlock. Five are available from the first week of Hallowmas. Another five will join them in the second.&quot
I say the last count, but there are only 4, not 5. Does the 5th have an option which is hidden if one doesn’t own the certain companion?[/quote]

This week:

• Fabulous Accomplice
  • Pious Henchman
  • Well-Scrubbed Urchin
  • Cheerful Goldfish
  • Weeping Doll

Next week*:

• Esoteric Accomplice
  • Faustian Henchman
  • Skullduggerous Urchin
  • Rubbery Campanologist
  • Extravagantly-Titled Tigress

10 total, 5 each week.

*Requiring confessions that unlock on October 31st.

edit: You know, what Darkroot said.
edited by Parabuteo on 10/24/2016

Pyro got a fabulous new Companion. Now if only she can teach his daughter some manners…

Has anyone sold confessions yet? what have they gotten?

Has anyone done the &quotSo Hungry&quot option on attract a visitor at hallowmas?
edited by Grenem on 10/24/2016

who wants, like, a million Soft Hearted Widow Confessions. I need Sinning Jenny’s and the Gentleman’s in order to get my living doll to start crying.