Fund Our Wedding Via Rats

My character morally disapproves of weddings, but she likes being owed favors. And she has plenty of rats.

Congratulations on the engagement!
How do I send rats? I’d love to sponsor the wedding!

I managed to send some rats, I hope to come across some more cards in the near future to send more!
edited by Honeyaddict on 1/11/2018

Haven’t though of using Nuncio as the wedding ground, though? All the ratness would be very fitting.

In any case, sending some ASAP!

Sent over a bundle of rats. Enjoy your free favours once you host your wedding.

I thought this whole thing was over, but I was not quite sure so everytime I got the necessary card, I sent some rats over your way. I’m glad that I continued doing it!
edited by Gerlak on 2/24/2018

I will send a bundle of rats as soon as the opportunity comes my way. In the meantime, congratulations on your engagement!

Congratulations on the engagement, I’ve sent some rats over.

Sent a bunch of rats a few days ago! Congratulations!

Just hit 7000 / 10000 progress! Thank you everyone for your continued intrest in this very Neathy endeavor.

I sent some a day or two ago, and I’ll be sending some more once I get my profession reward later tonight. I’ll be a rat-catcher for at least a while longer while I grind up Docks favors and Strong-Backed Labor, and I’ve got nothing else to do with the rats, so I’ll send some your way anytime that &quotGive a Gift&quot card pops up. Hope this endeavor’s a success!

Hopefully not much longer now! Reviving this thread in the hopes of the couple meeting their goal.

WE ARE IN THE FINAL 1000!! This is the final stretch folks!
I have unfortunately run out of space to add acquaintances but I still appreciate and will be acknowledging all of you. The guest list mega post will be out when we hit 10000, with the names of everyone who contributed to this hilarious neathy nonsense. It brings quite the smile to my face to see at least part of the community come together for something like this.

[i]The date was close. Most of the paperwork sat in thick envelopes in neat pile on Emelia's desk, the rest slowly moving through the convoluted formalities of the bazaar. Anna and Emelia sat in the greatroom, sipping sweet tea and filling out ornate invitations. Slow as progress was, the excitement for the day buzzed silently in the air like the heat of false-summer.[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]The gowns arrived later that day, beautiful works of satin and silk. More came in the coming days. A letter confirmation from a fungal florist on the bouquet and decorations. A couple urchins coming to make agreements to not terrorize the party.[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]Anna and Emelia sat quietly in the evenings, relishing in each other's company.[/i]
[i]&quotAre you excited, dear?&quot[/i]
[i]&quotOf course, love.&quot[/i]

[quote=Emelia Blaire]WE ARE IN THE FINAL 1000!! This is the final stretch folks!
I have unfortunately run out of space to add acquaintances but I still appreciate and will be acknowledging all of you. The guest list mega post will be out when we hit 10000, with the names of everyone who contributed to this hilarious neathy nonsense. It brings quite the smile to my face to see at least part of the community come together for something like this.

[i]The date was close. Most of the paperwork sat in thick envelopes in neat pile on Emelia's desk, the rest slowly moving through the convoluted formalities of the bazaar. Anna and Emelia sat in the greatroom, sipping sweet tea and filling out ornate invitations. Slow as progress was, the excitement for the day buzzed silently in the air like the heat of false-summer.[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]The gowns arrived later that day, beautiful works of satin and silk. More came in the coming days. A letter confirmation from a fungal florist on the bouquet and decorations. A couple urchins coming to make agreements to not terrorize the party.[/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]Anna and Emelia sat quietly in the evenings, relishing in each other's company.[/i]
[i]&quotAre you excited, dear?&quot[/i]
[i]&quotOf course, love.&quot[/i][/quote]

Ah, I am happy to hear it. 

You may be curious to know that part of the reason you have not heard from me in several days was because I was unable to use the Gift card to send you rats, I submitted a bug report to FBG, and received a response that said, in relevant part:  &quotWe've taken a look at this, and the problem is caused by the number of  contacts you have. The page times out before it can process the 800+  contacts. The only solution is to remove some of them (probably a couple  of hundred).&quot

The FBG member proceeded to lay out several options where they could remove some, or all, of my Contacts (allowing me to re-add those I wished to keep subsequently) but I declined, choosing to remove contacts on my own.  

And it worked!  Tonight I was able to send rats again.  I am writing this post to raise awareness of a possible difficulty in using the Give a Gift card for players with many contacts.

Is this still a thing? I’ve sent 800 rats as of two days ago and this have not gotten word. I know at least one other person has sent out a batch of rats so that is, at miniumum, 900 rats sent. Are we at 9900 rats and I should send one more? Has the poster gone on a hiatus they didn’t expect? I’ve checked their profile (located here http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emelia%20Blaire for some reason the posters link merely takes me to the log in page.) and they’ve not married yet.

I would really like to know if I’ve been sending rats to the wrong person, or if the engagement fell through, or well, any information on what’s going on with this.

[quote=lukeskylicker]Is this still a thing? I’ve sent 800 rats as of two days ago and this have not gotten word. I know at least one other person has sent out a batch of rats so that is, at miniumum, 900 rats sent. Are we at 9900 rats and I should send one more? Has the poster gone on a hiatus they didn’t expect? I’ve checked their profile (located here http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emelia%20Blaire for some reason the posters link merely takes me to the log in page.) and they’ve not married yet.

I would really like to know if I’ve been sending rats to the wrong person, or if the engagement fell through, or well, any information on what’s going on with this.[/quote]
If you’ve sent 800 since the announcement that we’re in the final thousand, then we’re probably there, or at least very close. I’m sure that once Emelia is ready, she’ll let us know. It might not be the moment she reaches 1000, or even the exact day, since checking Fallen London is probably not the most immediate concern in her real life, but it’ll happen when it happens. I’ve been at Zee for the past few days, but I think I’ll finish up my business and make my way back to London, now that I know we’re so close. :)

Where the wedding at?

I know that Anna has been recently active, though the latest of Ememlia’s activity seems to be around April, according to their mantelpiece. I don’t have a clue when this wedding will be, but I’m hoping it’s soon. Please, I love weddings, I need another one to go to.

We’ve done it folks! The date is upon us! This has been one of the wildest, neathiest things I’ve ever done. It was a riot seeing so many people in the community come together for this. Thank you all! Be proud of yourselves and the ridiculous fun you’ve helped create.

Invites will be sent out and given a few days, in case anyone is out of London at the time. A master guest list will be posted shortly, listing the names of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who donated rats, and the guests of honor. Keep an eye out.
The Guest List: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic26773-the-ratfunded-wedding-of-anna--emelia-guestlist.aspx
edited by Emelia Blaire on 9/10/2018
edited by Emelia Blaire on 9/10/2018