Find Debate Partners!

If we have a thread already established for this purpose, my eyes skipped right over it like a stone on a pond. And so! A thread is born! For it is so very much nicer to argue with people you know would enjoy it, and the Jovial Contrarian is booked up these days.

In short, here you can advertise and/or hunt for people to engage in today’s new social action, Organising a Political Debate.

I am a Dauntless Temperance Campaigner supporter, available for debates against Feducci or Implacable Detective Supporters, and always pleased to make new acquaintances.

So if I won a debate and acquired “The Jidge’s Decision” and “Winnings from your Debate”, what then?

Go to the Storylet “The Spoils of War” and spend your winnings to increase your Influence the Election.

My Spoils are <1000, so I can’t spend them, and the interface indicates that I already have a debate partner, so I can’t start a new debate and accumulate more Spoils. Not sure if there’s a bug or I’m missing something.

I would like to debate people! My candidate is Feducci, but I promise to fight fair-ish.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/PSGarak

Maybe your partner still needs to take another action to finish the debate. That happened with one of my characters opponents who thought the debate was over and went off to do something else.

As for not having enough spoils I guess you need to do more debates until you get enough.

Open to debate anyone opposing Feducci!

Word Fight me, everybody. No cheating ;)

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/hellaGummy

im willing to fight anyone not supporting our glorious leader!.
my characters name is zorgan and is always willing when able to debate using only slight underhanded tactics…[li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/4/2017

DTC supporter. Bring it!

They’re all too busy going after our poor Anne. There are no angry mobs left for us.

You sure? I’m in a debate now, and only posted here five minutes ago.

Egads, our strategy of providing them with a scapegoat has failed! They’re more clever than we’d given them credit for…

I’d like to debate with someone. I’m a Fixer for the Implacable Detective.

Feducci supporter, at your service.
When being tired of chasing most honored Lady Auclair, feel free to have a chat over coffee (or maybe something stronger).
And those who have their fists itching - bring in the mob, it’s getting too cozy down here!

I am at GMT+3, available almost whole day 9am-9pm
edited by SirKwint on 7/3/2017
edited by SirKwint on 7/3/2017

Hello, hello. I’m more than willing to debate as a Feducci supporter if anyone is interested. It’ll be fun. We can have cake.

Mannfred von Darken

I’m very willing to espouse the virtues of equality in opportunity to one and all - should any wish to question the superiority of Feducci’s platform, please inform me so I may inform them of the flaws in their thinking.

I am prepared to defend the Implacable Detective should anyone be looking to debate.

Count me in! I support Feducci. I am mostly in CEST.

By the way, am I allowed to use the Correspondence? I know a bit of the Correspondence. It must be fun.
edited by ropewalker on 7/3/2017

I am for Feducci, Please form a queue for your dismantlement.