Feast of the Rose 2024

Oops, you are correct. Not sure where I got 19 masquing limit from. I just upped it two more to 21. Guess now I can make the sea voyage to the Wakeful Eye to turn in a bunch of tribute without worrying about getting that done and back in time for more festivities.

1 Like

You can also spend it on the Princess, which has a few niche applications it looks like from the wiki.

1 Like

From past years I already am acquainted with the captivating princess. I also just looked at all the non-fate companions and from past FotR events, it looks like I have everyone of the even semi-interesting ones.

Are there any new non-fate companions introduced this year for the FotR?

1 Like

From the original post youā€™re commenting on:

Meet New Faces

Every year, the Feast brings new companions to Fallen London. Starting next week, on February 8th, you will be able to spend your Masquing to attract companions from Feasts past, as well as four new companions:

• Accompany the Codebreaking Courier upon her rounds
  • Explore unsettling portraiture with the Diptych Painter
  • Aid the Smouldering Lexicographer in their scorching lifeā€™s work
  • Meet The Overworked Commodore on a rare afternoon of leisure

Those last two can be unlocked with Fate.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks. I will wait and see if the courier and the painter look good.

1 Like

Even if the new Companions are not immediately useful, they usually get a useful upgrade at Hallowmas.

4 Likes

Good point. I hope I can get both of them. I should be able to. Both of my characters have (or will shortly have) 20 or 21 masquing and I think that even if both of the new companions cost 20 masquing, I will have the entire 2nd week to gain 20 masquing again. At least I think that is how it works.

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct. If you just stay in London and flip cards, you should draw the Feast card enough times to grind ā€˜freeā€™ Masquing back up to 20 in about one day. Worst case, you can send a few gifts to yourself to buy the last few points.

I already spent 2x20 free Masquing on two different Viric Dreams, and I expect to be back at 20 by tomorrow.

2 Likes

What is the point of these? Not in a mean way, just in a way that I donā€™t understand from the wiki what these do.

Are these ā€œphantasiesā€ the things that provide a fabulous diamond at the end of each one?

They provide a Magnificent Diamond, which is about 25 times less cool than a Fabulous one :P.

Theyā€™re story. You get to see some private peek into a prominent character that you otherwise wouldnā€™t. Mechanically, they are a poor return. I mean theyā€™re pretty much the only use of Masquing in the first week, but strictly speaking the payout is not worth the actions. I do a half-dozen anyways.

At one point they were the only source in the game of Justificandes and Perfumed Gunpowder! But that was also before there were any uses for those things either.

6 Likes

How do you do them?? Iā€™m trying and itā€™s uh. Not letting me FINISH it!

1 Like

You have to draw the right card to continue it. I believe its 3 cards total.

Well, the new companions unlock tomorrow.

What are the betting odds that one of them gives bonus to Chthonosophy? Or something even more esoteric?

2 Likes

Wait, phase 2 starts tomorrow? Drat! I just bought another dream-marriage but I would never have done that if I knew time was running out. Ah well. Itā€™s good to save some things for next year.

2 Likes

You can still earn Masquing for a whole other week, what starts tomorrow is ā€œonlyā€ getting other ways to spend it than on Reveries.

2 Likes

I know, but my luck for getting something always seems to run out when I can actually use it. I suppose it might change this year, but Iā€™ll have to sacrifice a few more Winsome Dispossessed Orphans to the RNGods.

1 Like

46 minutes to the beginning of phase two, lets go! and no, iā€™m not sleeping tonight, thanks.

What are you talking about??? Itā€™ll drop tomorrow morning.

1 Like

ā€¦in my defence, i didnt know that.