Feast of the Rose 2022

I wonder about the pacing, or maybe card frequency - with 3 characters who’ve all maxed out the masquing they can get from cards, it seems like a long wait to be able to do anything with the quality. (Well, one exception that I kn ow of, but it’s not an issue for me.)

[quote=Bluestocking]Adding myself to the happy to send & reciprocate list!

Alt isn’t so well off, you might get a return from the main.[/quote]

I’m so sad, you sent me a wonderful cat, the only thing I’ve ever gotten with 2 masquing and I can’t accept it as it says you are regrettably in the wrong place for me to accept it. What’s going on? :(
edited by SilverrLinings on 2/5/2022

Two seperate people have sent me wonderful gifts but unfortunately it says they are regrettably in the wrong place for me to accept. This is my first feast of the rose and I’m spending it in the hospital so I’m really confused as to what’s going on… could someone help/explain? I’ve spent a lot of my player resources and I didn’t have many to begin with as I’m very sick and haven’t had time to play as much as I want and I sent out all these gifts and now can’t accept the very kind reciprocation? Please please help!

This is my profile:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/SilverrLinings

Thank you in advance for any help clearing this up you wonderful fallen londonites :D
edited by SilverrLinings on 2/5/2022

They need to be back in london, so if they’re off in parabola or overseas you’ll have to wait for them to get back. The invitation’s going to stick around until you can successfully accept it.

Also, PSA for those interested: you can use resources to send yourself gifts without being social, if you don’t want to be. If you send someone a gift and immediately cancel the invitation before they can accept, you get to keep the gift (it doesn’t go to waste). So you can basically buy yourself gifts if you want, just send the invite to a hapless alt and immediately cancel it.

The key thing here being the &quothapless alt&quot, because using other players like that really p*sses them off. It happened to me one year, so I speak of what I know.

A quick question: if you have sent someone a gift but that person has not yet accepted it, what happens when you cancel it? Will you get a refund of the items used to make those gifts e.g. honey, cryptic clues?

You get a refund, but not of the items used to make the gift - instead, the gift itself plops into your inventory, and you can do anything with it that you’d be able to do if someone else gifted it to you.

The key thing here being the &quothapless alt&quot, because using other players like that really p*sses them off. It happened to me one year, so I speak of what I know.[/quote]

You can also use one of the system accounts, like &quotMr Eaten&quot. It’s not like a bot will mind.

The key thing here being the &quothapless alt&quot, because using other players like that really p*sses them off. It happened to me one year, so I speak of what I know.[/quote]

I think a few people did that with my account, I really don’t mind though. I think I’ve done enough gift-trading for now - I only need to get the new free companions, and there might not be too many.

Good Day, I would be interested in trading gifts, even some Fate ones if some feel so inclined.

I’d like to trade some gifts.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Adalberta

Of course, Mr Eaten responding to social actions isn’t entirely unprecedented…

[quote=Sylvie ][quote=Bluestocking]Adding myself to the happy to send & reciprocate list!

Alt isn’t so well off, you might get a return from the main.[/quote]

I’m so sad, you sent me a wonderful cat, the only thing I’ve ever gotten with 2 masquing and I can’t accept it as it says you are regrettably in the wrong place for me to accept it. What’s going on? :(
edited by SilverrLinings on 2/5/2022[/quote]

I’m not leaving London but I do sometimes drop into the lab. I try to remember not to leave myself there overnight, but sometimes oops.

BTW, the Rat Market also puts you out of message bounds. I’m not sure if anywhere else in London does. Flute St perhaps?

Aha! That explains why I got 3 cancelled gifts. I assumed that had made an error and sent them a real gift to say hi. They better respond now or I WILL be cross.

Edit: they did return a gift. All is well.
edited by Bluestocking on 2/11/2022

Hanging out at parties, I seem to remember.

9 Skulls, Chess Pieces, or Exiles Roses available for those who want one. Please specify which you’d like.

Of course, Mr Eaten responding to social actions isn’t entirely unprecedented…[/quote]

Usually, that would be hardly welcome. But then, the Seekers are a funny bunch.

If anyone is pining for a Custom-Engraved Skull, you can send me one and I’ll reciprocate. Or send it to my alt and I’ll send you one from my main (links in the signature).

I’d love to trade for skulls, rattus, cats, and chartreuse. I can do others as well but those are the ones I don’t have yet.

Please add me. Will return gifts as many gifts as I am able to.