Feast of the Exceptional Rose is Soon Approaching

[quote=Robin Alexander]Am I the only one hoping for new spouse options?

Like, the Firebrand and Missionary would be perfect for such an upgrade; there are so few NPC spouses to choose, while PC spouses are currently unavailable, and it just feels that such a Valentine-themed festival would be an ideal introduction to such spouses.[/quote]

This, there are literally only two non fate locked spouses that aren’t other player marriages, but are extremely easy to get locked out of and you can’t do anything to get them back if you lost them(fitting for SMEN if you sacrifice them, not anywhere else), you can’t even pay to restart their stories or anything, they are just lost forever.

I’d quite like the Firebrand and Missionary as new spouses. The FotER versions each cost as much as the Boneless Consort, so it’d make sense for them to be +3BDR spouses (the Firebrand being Dreaded, and the Missionary being Respectable). It’s also allow a level of BDR customisation that doesn’t mean that everyone has to marry a squid-person for max BDR.

The only downside to the Firebrand and Missionary as potential spouses is that would make them unavailable as best-in-slot Persuasive companions.

Of course, they could be your spouse and accompany you too, even if it would seen slightly odd mechanically.

If people could get married but not divorce, that would create more stories of doomed love: two pining lovers kept apart by strict matrimony laws, even when their spouses are missing or dead…

But divorce can be the narrative focus of a romance story as well, and a diverse selection of story archetypes is important. We wouldn’t want the Bazaar to get bored of London, after all.

And the Boneless Consort costs you all of your Connected: Society. There’s not a reason for there to not be a cost. (Also, the BiS Persuasive companion is the 40 Renown: Tomb-Colonies one http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Newly-Born_Frost-Moth)

Robin Alexander: The Pot of Violant Ink is a weapon, not a companion. The Best in Slot persuasive companion (at +10) is the Newly-Hatched Frost Most, which is the reward for 40 renown with the Tomb-Colonies.

I’d change my permanent companion only if the spouse was the Kashmiri Princess, if it wasn’t fate locked and if it was both Esmeralda and Rose each with their own opp card at least as good as the model’s one