Feast of the Exceptional Rose is Soon Approaching

[color=#cc0099]Delicious friends, the Feast of the Exceptional Rose will soon be upon us!

Prepare your heart for Fallen London’s festival of love and gifts, which will begin 6th of February and last for two weeks.

More specifics to follow when the festival begins.[/color]

I’m excited! I wasn’t able to participate in last year’s as I took a several month long hiatus shortly before it started, but I am excited to see my first Feast.

Haha, great! Can’t wait to try this festival as it’s the only one I haven’t experienced! Hope I’ll have enough Fate to get the weapon and the shadowy mask! Think it’ll be a nice 1 year anniversary gift (well, almost 1 year)! :D

I sent someone a Starvling Stole last year and they never accepted. I suppose one year later is enough time to finally withdraw it.
edited by Blaine Davidson on 1/27/2017

How much fate does that require good sir? Excitingly this will be my first time as well, having moved to the fallen city late last year.
edited by Teklogikal on 1/27/2017

How much fate does that require good sir? Excitingly this will be my first time as well, having moved to the fallen city late last year.
edited by Teklogikal on 1/27/2017[/quote]

The fate cost for all of the feast items that you can send are right here

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Celebrate_the_Feast_of_the_Exceptional_Rose!

Please note that, unless things have changed dramatically from previous years, you don’t buy the items directly, but pay to have them sent to someone else in your name.

Therefore, arranging equivalent exchanges with fellow players is highly recommended. (The IRC crowd tends to be quite reliable and helpful in this regard.)

Like surreyjack, I was on hiatus last year, so this will be my first Feast. I’m looking forward to it, it sounds like an exciting festival. :) Apart from buying Fate, are there any preparations that we should be getting started on?

It’s worth noting that you can technically obtain rose gifts for yourself by sending them, then withdrawing the invitation. I’m fairly certain this only works for Fate gifts, though. So that’s an option if you don’t have any friends.[li]
Super looking forward to this Feast! :)

This has been the case, though it could of course change this year.

This has been the case, though it could of course change this year.[/quote]

It probably won’t, don’t want people to waste money afterall.

This will be my sixth event, so I believe I won’t be partaking in the gift exchange. I still have teeth, chess pieces, playing cards and racy poetry staked up from two years past. I felt awful last year for not being able to reciprocate cards sent to me. The majority of the cards came from people with whom I wasn’t acquainted. I hope that if I remove my profile from public view, I won’t have as many requests as last year.

This has been the case, though it could of course change this year.[/quote]

It probably won’t, don’t want people to waste money afterall.[/quote]

Does withdrawing work? I know having the other person decline it does, but I haven’t had the courage to test withdrawing it.

I’m willing to reciprocate all out of the blue non-fate gifts, though it might take a while if I run short on materials. The ones that come with some flavor text will get priority.

I wonder if the Mayor is still going to be running around poisoning people :P
edited by Anne Auclair on 1/28/2017

There seems to be very good information on the Feast in this topic: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21486-the-incomplete-guide-to-the-feast-of-the-rose.aspx

According to that, withdrawing Fate gifts did not return them, only declining did. Apparently some people tried it. All of that is for previous years, of course, and things might be different this year.

Finally, the time has come. It will be my first Feast and I am eager to get my hands on Golden Spiked Rosary. Maybe I will even spent some money on other things as well (while I still can)…
edited by Nathaniel Frost on 1/29/2017

I joined just as the festival was starting last year and had no idea what I was doing. Hoping for more insight this year…

[quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099]Delicious friends, the Feast of the Exceptional Rose will soon be upon us!

Prepare your heart for Fallen London’s festival of love and gifts, which will begin 6th of February and last for two weeks.

More specifics to follow when the festival begins.[/color][/quote]

[li]
Will the Feast also be the time when the Season of Skies’ storyline will be concluded, in a similar manner to the Season of Wrecks’ final encounter with the emissary?

I must admit I’m not a huge fan of the whole Fate-locked thing. I don’t want to pay that much just for items, and the Feast seems to have far more item-only Fate expenditures than any other seasonal event.

Oh well, I guess it is more than made up for with the myriad Companions that cost nothing but community involvement and determination.

That being said, isn’t it possible to raise Masquing on your own by taking on Menace Eradication Contracts of a certain nature? I think that would give you a 3:3 Fate-to-Masquing ratio, too.