Feast of the Exceptional Rose 2015

(or 1893, if you prefer) ;)

Just realized that the Feast of the Rose should start tomorrow, shouldn’t it? I haven’t seen an announcement though…

I’ve got it in my window, I just don’t understand how to best USE it.

On the other hand, I was farming honey for my nemisis plot, so I’ve got a good supply, yay me.

Has anyone sent a Key-to-Heart Dagger? I’m quite partial to my Connected: Masters and am wondering if there are any ill effects. PM me if that would be too spoilery.

There are no ill effects.

Thank you! :)

Insightful question I hope:

If I get to 20 masking from flipping the card, what’s the LEAST number of non fate 1 point rewards I need to turn in to hit the cap of 30?

Where any of the fate locked ones BDR or best in slot, or am I okay just going to 30?

Question: This is my first Feast of the Exceptional Rose, and I’d really like to wrap up the Clathermont storyline while its possible, but I don’t see the &quotNews at Clathermonts&quot story in Ladybones Road. Are there requirements I need to meet? (Currently at Entwined in the Intrigues… 8)
edited by Arktor314 on 2/14/2015

Oh, and one more, I bought a mask, not sure where I’m suposed to wear it, or what it’s required for?

Traditionally a mask is supposed to be worn on the face, and it is required for certain types of formal attire, but don’t that fetter your creativity. A mask is also required during certain medical procedures as well to hinder the spread of certain airborne pathogens.

((More pertinent to your question, it’s required for certain options in an opportunity card related to the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.))

May I ask when will the Feast end? Today?::
edited by Lomias on 2/14/2015

Last year it lasted for about two weeks.

I am relieved that I don’t need to rush for Masquing. Thanks!

[quote=Ben ]Insightful question I hope:

If I get to 20 masking from flipping the card, what’s the LEAST number of non fate 1 point rewards I need to turn in to hit the cap of 30?

Where any of the fate locked ones BDR or best in slot, or am I okay just going to 30?[/quote]The least number would depend on your last number of Masquing that takes you over the cap. If you have 19 and get 21 from a +2 Masquing option, then you’d need 9 1-point gifts to get to 30. But according to the wiki there is a rare success that gives 4 Masquing, so if that’s the one you get last, going from 19 to 23, then you’d need 7 Masquing from non-Fate gifts. But I wouldn’t count on that.

As for ‘best in slot’, some of the really expensive companions have high enough Persuasive that someone who doesn’t already have a Persuasive companion (Parabolan Panther, or one from a profession) could get an extra point or two. Hardly worth the Fate, but if you’re going to spend it anyway I guess it’s a nice little bonus. And none of the highest tier professions come with a companion, so… And as far as I recall the various BDR numbers of the feast companions are only 1-2 points, which isn’t better than a Bifurcated Owl or a goat.

If you don’t want any of the Fate-locked ones, you only really need to get to Masquing 10 at the most before you can trade in your points for a companion, at least once An encounter at the Feast turns up in your deck (and mine). The next higher cost is 40, which would require at least a 10 Fate gift. I’m not sure about the 5 Fate gifts, because last year I think those were capped at 30 or so. That might not longer be the case. (Why cap Fate gifts? No idea. I’m pretty sure the 10 Fate gifts weren’t capped, and that’s all one would need to abuse the system with alts giving gifts to a main character.)

The Mouthless Amber Mask and the Tanned Mask are both 2 points of BDR.

Oh, the actual Fate-locked gifts can give good BDR, but you don’t need Masquing for those, as they give Masquing when you turn them in to Lady Lilac.

Do some of the companions that cost more than 30 Masquing also cost Fate? IE, you will have to spend fate to get to their masquing cost and also spend fate to obtain them?

looks at the price, gives a low whistle not quite that dedicated to my notability, yet.

No, they just effectively cost fate by requiring masquing higher than can be obtained without Fate.

So this year you have to spend MW to enter the perfumed garden? What gives?