Feast of the Exceptional Rose 1896

Will the obtaining of Feast gifts close after the first week? I’d hate to find out Feast companions suddenly require just a few more Masquing than I have, and I have no means to get more.

[quote=Slyblue]In case anyone’s curious about the ticket to hell (Weapon slot)
edited by Slyblue on 2/5/2018[/quote]

Makes me wonder, if the train is called &quotThe Number Nine&quot and only takes 4 minutes to hell accompanied by a spiffy jazz orchestra.

I think i would want one.

No.

[quote=The Maltese Raven]
Makes me wonder, if the train is called &quotThe Number Nine&quot and only takes 4 minutes to hell accompanied by a spiffy jazz orchestra.

I think i would want one.[/quote]
You can actually ride that train in the Exceptional Story titled, wait for it, &quotThe 12:15 From Moloch Street.&quot It takes more than four minutes that particular time, although knowing Hell that may not be a constant. Jazz accompaniment is not mentioned in that story, but is alluded to in the context of the Devils in the Exceptional Story &quotThe Century Exhibition.&quot

Anybody have a list of which gifts are equippable?

I welcome all non-Fate Masquing trades (and perhaps some Fate-locked ones; message me before you pay the Fate to send me anything, and I may be able to reciprocate within limits). Happy Masquing, all!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Arveras

I should also mention that, in addition to my offer to exchange artwork for Fate gifts (more info here: http://thescarletpaperback.tumblr.com/post/170539452442/to-people-who-play-fallen-london-and-have-fate-to) I am open to trade any non-Fate gifts!

No, but I can look at my inventory and tell you which ones are, and where, of the gifts I currently have (mostly from last year)

Equippable:
Custom Engraved Skull (+1 Bizarre, Companion)
Antediluvian Ushabti (+1 Persuasive, +1 Watchful, +1 Bizarre, Companion)
Watchful Doll (+3 Watchful, +3 Dangerous, Companion)
Rose-Bearing Maggot (+1 Bizarre, Companion)
Pink-Painted Cat (no stat boost, Companion)

Decanter of Lachyrmose Chartreuse (+ 1 Bizarre, Weapon)
The rest of the non-Fate gifts turn up in your Curiosities section in inventory, and are NOT Equippable:
Singed Playing Card;
Tiny Silver Kettle of Pickled Liar’s Tongues;
Illicit Volume of Unexpectedly Racy Fungal-Themed Poetry;
Buttered Chess Piece;
Glass of Teeth;
Gift of Scorn

I can’t speak to the pricey Fate-locked items, because I don’t have any; those few I got I cashed in during the Feast in which I received them.

I’m looking to increase making waves to 44 to get Notability 12 for Seeking. Does anyone know of any opportune storylets available during the feast that might help me in my o̶b̶s̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ quest?

[quote=phryne]Here’s something I’m wondering about:

the Buttered Chess-Piece costs 200 Inklings of Identity and can be turned in for 2 Masquing
the Custom-Engraved Skull costs 200 Inklings of Identity and can be turned in for 1 Masquing

That can’t be right… right?[/quote]

It’s right. Support says it’s because the Skull can be equipped for Bizarre while the Chess-Piece cannot.

Those would be:

Mouthless Amber Mask (hat)
Tanned Mask (hat)
Starveling Stole (hat)
Hand of Glory (gloves)
Box of Potentials (weapon)
Key-to-Heart Dagger (weapon)
Promissory Note for Intimate Favours (weapon)
Box of Terrifying Candies (weapon)
Golden Spiked Rosary (weapon)
A One Way Ticket on the 12:15 to Hell (weapon)
Watchful Doll (companion)
Rose-Bearing Maggot (companion)
Luxuriously Coiffed Sorrow-Spider (companion)
Blemmigan Pedant (companion)

The only ones of note are the two masks, both best in slot at +2 BDR, and the Rosary, which at +3 BDR is best in slot outside the Seven-Fold Knock. There’s also the Shimmering Songster companion, which isn’t technically one of the gifts, but can be obtained if you have both the Rose-Bearing Maggot and Hamper of Heart-Cuts.

[quote=Optimatum][quote=phryne]Here’s something I’m wondering about:

the Buttered Chess-Piece costs 200 Inklings of Identity and can be turned in for 2 Masquing
the Custom-Engraved Skull costs 200 Inklings of Identity and can be turned in for 1 Masquing

That can’t be right… right?[/quote]

It’s right. Support says it’s because the Skull can be equipped for Bizarre while the Chess-Piece cannot.[/quote]Ah, thanks for clearing that up! :)

So, having rejected both the Firebrand and Missionary in the Nadir several months ago, I seem to be out of luck for a spousal upgrade. Unless… is there a reset for that story somewhere?

Accepting (and hoping to reciprocate) any NON-FATE Masquing trades.

Will take fate Masquing items, but I cannot return the favor sadly, as much as I wish I could.

Wish I could give you my Firebrand. I don’t even want to marry him anymore. Ick.

Can someone please help me understand the cost of acquiring these seasonal companions? Meaning, we need to spend fate to acquire items that we can exchange for masquing beyond 20. My question is, once we have enough masquing, are we then able to buy the companions using that alone? Or do they also cost additional fate?

I didn’t participate in this seasonal content last year, so I’m trying to acquire as many companions as I can this time around.

Thanks in advance,

J-

No, they don’t cost additional Fate, just the Masquing (but some do also require certain in-game qualities such as Connected:… or Acquaintance:…). But they cost more Masquing than one can acquire without Fate being spent. Technically, you don’t need to spend any Fate, someone else spends it on you. So it is technically possible to get them without spending any Fate at all yourself if you are truly adored, but generally people enter into reciprocal arrangements.

Hi Plynkes - thanks so much. I think I had misinterpreted a particular wiki page, as it was much clearer to me after reviewing another. Regardless, I appreciate you confirming for me. Thank you very much!

J-

Hello delicious friends,it’s my first feast of the exceptional rose,if there is no other way to gain masquing you can send me a gift and I will give you glass of teeth.(I’m grinding for war of illusions so I’m getting a lot of cryptic
clues)

Hello my dearest delicious friends, on this year I have gained new employment, which I celebrated with a hefty sum of fate. I would very much love to share my boon with a friend who might return a gift in kind, given the season. Please send a message if you are interested in becoming more than mere passing acquaintances.

(Aka I’m looking for someone to trade masquing gifts with :) )

A bit of a silly question…
If I choose to upgrade the Firebrand to the Firebrand Reforged, should I marry him during the Feast? Or can I decide later?