Feast of the Exceptional Rose 1895

[color=#cc0099]Today marks the beginning of The Feast of the Exceptional Rose! It is a season of love and heartbreak, passion and secrets! It is the season of wooing and gift-giving!

Along with the ability to divorce, the year 1895 brings back the freedom to marry as well! The tax has been lifted! As well as this delightful news, you may now take your spouse on a special evening out![/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]

[color=#cc0099]

LOVE GIFTS

Send and receive gifts from other players!

Rewards from the Feast can be won by increasing your Masquing, through participating in the revels and the exchange of gifts. Use your Masquing quality to unlock special companions, only available during this festival!

Make friends for the exchange of gifts on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit or right here in this thread. Please feel free to use #ExceptionalFeast on other channels to alert other players.

MARRIAGE AND KEEPING THE FIRE ALIVE

Now that the marriage tax has lifted, you’re free to court your partner all the way to the altar! Begin at the Attend to Matters of the Heart storylet to work your way up to a full-blown proposal! There are a multitude of exceptionally lovely venues throughout London for you and your partner to explore.

This year, special evenings out are now available to married couples. Choose a lively, elegant, or ecstatic assignation to impress your heart’s desire. Begin planning with Attend to Matters of the Heart, available year-round from your Lodgings.

END YOUR INCONVENIENT ENTANGLEMENTS!

Has your spouse been too long gone? Are you too distressed by their unaccountable peckishness? Has love simply faded? The divorce courts will hear your plight; and, if they are satisfied, will end your marriage, so that you may seek out new love stories.

If you wish to divorce your partner, look for the option to seek a divorce on the Attend to Matters of the Heart card in your Lodgings.

SKIN-BOUND MEMORIES!

Clathermont’s Tattoo Parlour! The place to come for inked proof of eternal love!

A unique story involving the Neath’s famed tattooists, the Clathermont Family is available for the duration of the Feast.

Find the Clathermonts in Ladybones Road when you have A Name in Seven Secret Alphabets at 4 or higher. As part of the Feast, continue this story from the same area by playing News at Clathermont’s from 13th February.

THE LADY IN LILAC

She examines you carefully. Her eyes swim with glints like violet wine…

The enigmatic Lady in Lilac returns to London during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

On the 13th February we will be releasing the Lady in Lilac card into your opportunity deck, allowing you to trade in your gifts for Masquing. From the 13th, you’ll also be able to turn in your Masquing for special companions on the Encounters at the Feast card.

The Feast will end on the 20th February. The Lady in Lilac and Encounters at the Feast will remain available until the 24th, after which your remaining Masquing will be converted to Making Waves when Time, the Healer visits.

A WELL-FINISHED ROSE

For those of you who played The Empress’ Shadow and taught at Sinning Jenny’s Finishing School, checking in on your students during this festival will reveal a little something extra.[/color]
edited by Absintheuse on 2/6/2017

Argh, it seems that the curse of my corpse wife is still on me, it seems like I can’t get a divorce without commiting permanent suicide in the Neath eh?

[quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099]A WELL-FINISHED ROSE

For those of you who played The Empress’ Shadow and taught at Sinning Jenny’s Finishing School, checking in on your students during this festival will reveal a little something extra.[/color][/quote]

immediately dashes off to the School

I’m inexplicably fond of those young troublemakers.

Ah, excellent.

Happy Feast everyone!

One question, in the spirit of marriages and divorce: I know that, at least in the past, divorcing another player character did not block the option to later remarry the same character. I was wondering if the same is true for NPC marriages.

That is: if one divorces an NPC character (e.g. Celebrated Artist Model, etc.) would it be possible to remarry the same NPC in the future (by going through the whole courtship phase, of course)? Or does this give a Bitter Parting which blocks any further romantic options for ever?

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook][quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099]A WELL-FINISHED ROSE

For those of you who played The Empress’ Shadow and taught at Sinning Jenny’s Finishing School, checking in on your students during this festival will reveal a little something extra.[/color][/quote]

immediately dashes off to the School

I’m inexplicably fond of those young troublemakers.[/quote]
A PM with the results would be much appreciated!
Alright, I just need to get 80 Fate and throw some money at the KS (didn’t managed to by now). The Empress story will be delayed more, but I would still love that PM! :D
edited by Skinnyman on 2/6/2017

[quote=dov]Ah, excellent.

Happy Feast everyone!

One question, in the spirit of marriages and divorce: I know that, at least in the past, divorcing another player character did not block the option to later remarry the same character. I was wondering if the same is true for NPC marriages.

That is: if one divorces an NPC character (e.g. Celebrated Artist Model, etc.) would it be possible to remarry the same NPC in the future (by going through the whole courtship phase, of course)? Or does this give a Bitter Parting which blocks any further romantic options for ever?[/quote]

It is not possible to marry an NPC again(at least not the non fate locked ones).

[Edit - Thank you to all the people wanting to trade masquing items! Im currently drowning in terrifying knick-knacks. At this point in the Feast, i will kindly ask that you find someone else to trade with. If you cant find anyone pls send me a pm on the forums and we can work something out.]

Wonderful, the feast is here!
Best of luck to all the friends of Nomen, may you have cold and congealed 2 weeks : )
Im an avid pet/companion collector and sadly wasnt in the best spot to get everything i was interested in last year, so im definitely keen to collaborate with other collectors.
Im not currently looking for trading fate items, but if anyone wants to trade the lower tier masquing items Im very much interested.

Im also curious whether you can marry and divorce within the same festival (or even marry a second time).
edited by Alfred_Bloodwine on 2/7/2017

[quote=Alfred_Bloodwine]Wonderful, the feast is here!
Best of luck to all the friends of Nomen, may you have cold and congealed 2 weeks : )
Im an avid pet/companion collector and sadly wasnt in the best spot to get everything i was interested in last year, so im definitely keen to collaborate with other collectors.
Im not currently looking for trading fate items, but if anyone wants to trade the lower tier masquing items Im very much interested.

Im also curious whether you can marry and divorce within the same festival (or even marry a second time).[/quote]

Getting married and divorced doesn’t have anything to do with the festival, it just got added on it(again…).

(also, we can trade for all the non fate locked gift items, just send me a request and I’ll accept and give the same item back(or whatever item you want), just no teeth please).

I have all 3 of the new masquing gifts equipped at the minute, if people want to see them!

I unfortunately won’t be able to promise 1-to-1 gift exchanges this year, but I hope everyone has a great Feast!
edited by Barselaar on 2/6/2017

New Feast-gifts! The Ushabti is a Companion; the Chartreuse, a Weapon; I wonder of the Hearse is a mode of Transportation? Ideal for the Gothic horror author in your life…

Edit: Pipped at the post, p’shaw!
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 2/6/2017

Rubs hands with glee and brings out the hidden bottle of the '62 to celebrate

Up for trading any items, like to collect companions and pets too.

EDIT: I have returned from a trip away and found myself swamped with requests! I have temporarily run out with means to send something back so regretfully, I need a pause in requests. Will still accept meetings, interviews and so on.
edited by Fliegende Gräfin on 2/10/2017

Hurray, trading gifts! Count me in for non-Fate gift exchanges until I run out of the necessary items. (And, like Madam Kher above, I don’t know what the deal is with teeth. Are some gifts unpleasant to receive?)
edited by zeenat on 2/10/2017

Ooh, awesome. I only began playing a few days ago so I’m excited to see where this goes. Goes without saying this is my first Feast. I am also available to trade non-Fate locked gifts, though be patient with me since I am quite new and don’t necessarily have a large amount of the stuff to trade for them.

EDIT: Oooor maybe not. It doesn’t look like I have any of the stuff needed to send gifts. Looks like I’m going to have to sit this out. ><
edited by Celestialtien on 2/6/2017

Don’t worry, that’s just because I already have them for the last feast, the only difference in the non fate locked gifts is that some give more masquing, but that is obvious and is mentioned on the storylet(sorry for the bad wording again).

EDIT - still enjoying the Feast, but out of supplies as well as Fate. I will edit here should I be able to trade more. Thanks to all who traded with me!

edited by Felicity Anne Stratford on 2/6/2017
edited by Felicity Anne Stratford on 2/6/2017
edited by Felicity Anne Stratford on 2/11/2017
edited by Felicity Anne Stratford on 2/18/2017

No more trade, please.
edited by Chronos on 2/12/2017

Oh I’m always so excited for events! I’m open to any and all trades, up to as much as I can of course! Feel free to add me as well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NaeyaPapaya

I would be happy to exchange Antediluvian Ushabti and Lachrymose Chartreuse with someone.

Edit: I now have several ushabti and am out of actions :p
edited by suinicide on 2/6/2017

Ah, I had forgotten how many items it takes to send gifts during the feast. I foresee some grinding in my future, well, more than usual.

Happy Feast, everyone, and I’m open to and will reciprocate any non-fate gifts!

I just tried going to the &quotPlanning a Wedding&quot card in my lodgings, and it’s still saying the tax is on. I tried clearing my browser history and everything, plus logging out and logging back in, but it’s still there. Any suggestions?