17 C = 0 R + 6 F
24 C = 0 R + 7 F
28 C = 1 R + 7 F
50 C = 4 R + 7 F
51 C = 5 R + 7 F
76 C = 9 R + 7 F
160 C = 23 R + 7 F
204 C = 30 R + 7 F

where the units are C for Connected: Criminals, F for Favours: Criminals, and R for Renown: Criminals.
edited by Travers on 8/27/2015

Fencing certain coins on Secrets and Spending now requires 7 favors to unlock.

Big question: is there any reason to want high Renown? I can only see one so far and it’s to have access to more quirk see-saws. But maybe it’ll be a requirement for something.

Have we figured out what the titles are? I have “Known in every Shadow North and South of the River,” at 22 Renown.

At 5 Renown, I got &quotKnown in the back-alleys of Spite&quot.

At Renown: Criminals 1 through 3 you get “Known on a street corner or two”

Renown: Criminals 7 - Known in the taproom of the Medusa’s Head, and beyond

Also, for those keeping track, I had Connected: 64 originally (well, still, for now). I also got 7 Favors.

10 Renown is “Known from the depths of the alleys to the heights of the Flit”.

[quote=Travers]So far, I’ve seen:

10 C = 0 R + 4 F
15 C = 0 R + 6 F
17 C = 0 R + 6 F
24 C = 0 R + 7 F
28 C = 1 R + 7 F
50 C = 4 R + 7 F
51 C = 5 R + 7 F
76 C = 9 R + 7 F
160 C = 23 R + 7 F
204 C = 30 R + 7 F

where the units are C for Connected: Criminals, F for Favours: Criminals, and R for Renown: Criminals.
edited by Travers on 8/27/2015[/quote]

Not helpful for finding out minimum for renown, but just for the sake of another number on the list: 20 C = 0 R + 7 F.

The Henchmen and Accomplice card now consumes 1 Favour for 7 Ostentatious Diamonds instead of consuming nothing for 2 Ostentatious Diamonds.

In addition, &quotYou are being Watched!&quot in the Filt no longer grants connection rewards of any kind, only an extra 7 Cryptic Clue on top of the original 30.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 8/27/2015

Here’s a surprise! Take on the local champion from An implausible penance now loses you 1 Favour instead gaining you Connected as it used to to. However it yeilds more Rostygold. I just got 400 from it.

Renown: Criminals 15 - Known in every shadow north and south of the river

I got that from 111 connected.

Count me in as also wondering if there will be benefits to high renown - because if high renown brings quirk loss, that effectively makes renown another type of menace, unless I’m misunderstanding something. Will wait and see!

Filling in a few lower-end values: 8C = 0R + 3F; 14C = 0R + 5F.

Some more numbers:
31C = 1R + 7F
35C = 2R + 7F
44C = 3R + 7F

It seems renown 4-6 share the title “Known in the back-alleys of Spite”

Renown 30 gets you the title ‘Known even in Gaider’s Mourn, far across the zee’.

45C = 4R + 7F
For the help that gives.

I recall reading that the conversion would not be straightforward and would be based on the spread of scores held across the entirety of players. I expect that this will be particularly relevant when other connected qualities are changed, in particular easy-to-get ones like Society. I’m not expecting a score of 204 in that would get me 30 renown.

[quote=Travers]So far, I’ve seen:

10 C = 0 R + 4 F
15 C = 0 R + 6 F
17 C = 0 R + 6 F
24 C = 0 R + 7 F
28 C = 1 R + 7 F
50 C = 4 R + 7 F
51 C = 5 R + 7 F
76 C = 9 R + 7 F
160 C = 23 R + 7 F
204 C = 30 R + 7 F

edited by Travers on 8/27/2015[/quote]
156 got me 22 R + 7F, so this seems pretty accurate

The whole Cheery Man / Constable thing has been on my mind recently, thanks to the introduction of Favours and Renown.

Is there any other early game action that, without a warning of any sort, completely locks you out of becoming Closest To a particular faction? I sided with the Constable way back when and have since found myself unable to be Closest To the Criminals, which I’ve never been that happy about. The fact that a decision that I made way before this system was even introduced has locked me out of a means of getting Favours is pretty annoying.

I don’t think I’ve ever grumbled about choices/consequences in the game before - I completely understand that’s part of things. But the Cheery Man and the Constable story is dormant from what I can see. At the very least I would welcome an opportunity to change who one favours, even if it was item-intensive or required Fate.

Anyway: 133 Criminals turned into 7 Favours and 18 Renown, with the &quotknown north and south…&quot descriptor.

I took the &quotarrange an escape&quot option on the Skeleton Key, which required a number of resources and 7 Favours, and that bumped Renown to 19 and Steadfast from 10 to 11. Text echoed in my journal for those interested.

More numbers for those tracking:
34C = 7F, 2R