Favours and Renown: Criminals

Well, that makes Favours relatively easy to get, but not reliably because all the sources so far seem to be cards. The Life of Crime card has a similar option – “Remind them who’s boss” now gives a Favour and a point of suspicion instead of 10 CP Criminals connection and a point of suspicion. The option on the Smoky Flophouse card that used to give Criminals connection now gives a Favour, but it looks like only if you have a low number of Favours? (And still locked off if you have eliminated Jack.) Visiting the music-hall singer, on the other hand, now gives Society connection in place of Criminals; she’s cleaned up her act, I guess!

So you can get 9 echoes after playing four cards, which is 2.25 EPA but all draw-dependent.

Interestingly, while I hadn’t had enough Connection:Criminals to draw “Crime or Punishment?”, I did post-change have enough Favours, so now I have this card vegging out in my hand.

So where do we find our levels of Favours and Renown?

‘Contacts’ side drop down on the ‘Myself’ tab, where Connected:Criminals was before.

Favours is under Contacts. I haven’t been able to find Renown.

Chatting with The Repentant Forger still gives a Favour.

I too am in the group asking for something as a replacement here.

The shadowy gain was something I was looking forward to, as the way to best gain my endgame shadowy.

Renown is under Contacts too.

If you can see your favors, renown should be hard to miss ;)

[quote=Ben ]I too am in the group asking for something as a replacement here.

The shadowy gain was something I was looking forward to, as the way to best gain my endgame shadowy.[/quote]
+1

[quote=Szadovar]If you can see your favors, renown should be hard to miss ;)

[quote=Ben ]I too am in the group asking for something as a replacement here.

The shadowy gain was something I was looking forward to, as the way to best gain my endgame shadowy.[/quote]
+1[/quote]

Ben: My Favours and Renown were not apparent last time I checked the &quotMyself&quot tab; I only learned what they were by purchasing a Skeleton Key and finding out from the mouseover text what stats I had that unlocked its storylets! Thanks.

The Visiting the Sardonic Music Hall Singer -> Introductions to the Admused Lordship has just become less profitable. The Connections to Society have replaced the Connections to Criminal on the Visit, and disappeared entirely from the Amused Lordship

Renown is under Contacts too.[/quote]

Apparently I don’t have any, then!

Chat about business with Cheery Man grants a favour now

Interesting. Out of curiosity, how high was your Connected: Criminals (and how many Favours did you get)?

Well, visiting the Repentant Forger gives you a favour.
And &quotSeek out some influential help - Use your less savoury connections&quot (University) does not cost favours from the Criminals

Me too. I decided to play it for the Criminals, as I have plenty of Constables connection anyway.

It seems to give the same rewards as previously (~25 echoes of mostly Mysteries, +Suspicion, +SiC) at the cost of 500 CP of Constables, but it no longer gives anything positive on Criminals, and the quirks have changed.

It’s now +Steadfast (limit 4)/-Austere

Steadfast definitely makes sense with the text, I’m kind of intrigued by whether this suggests a new direction for Austere?

Interesting. Out of curiosity, how high was your Connected: Criminals (and how many Favours did you get)?[/quote]
Somewhere in the vicinity of 10, and 3 Favours.

My alt had Connected: Criminals 24 (saving up Use of Villains for a Gang) and ended up with 7 Favours and no Renown, so you must have had to have quite a bit of Connected to get any renown.

76 Criminals Connection turned into 7 Favours and 9 Renown.

At 28 Connected: Criminals I had 7 Favours and 1 Renown; next to Kaigen’s alt we may be closing in on the minimum to get any.