Father's Bones

[quote=Darkas]I’ve just killed it, and it re-spawned somewhere totally different: in the sea between Nuncio, Uttershroom, Aestival and Saviour’s Rock.

Maybe have a look there.
(and I’m still searching for my question two posts above)
edited by Darkas on 1/7/2015[/quote]
So what quadrant of the map would that be in? Nuncio is mostly northeast for me, and uttershroom is southwest. Is it just Aestival that generates it?[li]

The quadrant is South-East.

Apparently Spacemarine9 also saw it there.

> I can’t complete the curator’s quest unless Diamond lets you spawn Blemmigan’s elsewhere as I took the new option at the Uttershroom and the curator doesn’t want that item.

I’m curious… what is the &quotnew item&quot, I saw it but didn’t try. And I’m a bit scared to now :P
[i]

[/i]
edited by Darkas on 1/7/2015

It is called an Uttershroom Sporule and I don’t really regret it as I rarely get to the end of the Curator’s quest before starting a new game.

Thanks!
(re blemmigans: do you think there might be more options for propagation elsewhere in the future? The mangrove college or isle of cats all seem like good places for them, especially since your captain somehow think that Avid Horizon or Codex were also appropriate places to drop them off, where they eeped sadly at the cold.)
[li][/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 1/7/2015[/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 1/7/2015

Probably! I don’t know if there’d be enough for an entire second propagation (that is to say, an additional seven), but there’s already at least eight in the game and I’m sure some of the new islands/still-in-progress ports merit a try – Aestival, say, and the Elder Continent ports.

Last I encountered Nomad was just below Irem

Just completed the Fathomking’s requirements, now it is time to go somewhere else.

Do tell :)

[quote=lady ciel ]
I can’t complete the curator’s quest unless Diamond lets you spawn Blemmigan’s elsewhere as I took the new option at the Uttershroom and the curator doesn’t want that item.[/quote]

I can help with that.

Free Blemmingans if you select set to Zero at Nuncio…

edited by Rocket Heeled Jack on 1/8/2015

Tell what? I think the location is dependent on your choice of past as I saw options that didn’t do anything in other places. As a priest I was sent to Avid Horizon and the Chapel of Lights

As for the Fathomking I think everything he wants has been mentioned already.

[quote=Rocket Heeled Jack][quote=lady ciel ]
I can’t complete the curator’s quest unless Diamond lets you spawn Blemmigan’s elsewhere as I took the new option at the Uttershroom and the curator doesn’t want that item.[/quote]

I can help with that.

Free Blemmingans if you select set to Zero at Nuncio…

edited by Rocket Heeled Jack on 1/8/2015[/quote]

I can get Blemmigans (it is easy enough to trade honey at the Uttershroom). I would like other places for them to spawn as they fixed the Godfall bug. I have done 9 of the 10 available locations so unless some of the recently added or new islands take them there isn’t really a point getting any more.

From some of the test in the Wisp Ways it sounds like they should spawn in other places.

Any advice on lifting Stone’s Curse after giving the Fathomking Mount Nomad’s Heart? I looked at the wiki and got all the items it said were needed but the option to lift the curse isn’t in The House of the Question.

Edit - Ignore the above I just read my journal again and it is Storm’s Curse not Stone’s. Back to collecting items:)
edited by reveurciel on 1/9/2015

Is there another way to fulfill a “cutting-edge” item besides the serpentine? I really don’t want to give up my hard earned engine =(

I think I saw someone mention that the new Memento Mori is also acceptable, but that’s another thing you probably won’t want to just give up.

If you give him the Serpentine you get another engine that you can sell for 500 echoes in London and then buy another Serpentine.

I don’t know whether you would be able to construct a second Memento Mori.

Ah, clever. I wonder if that is intended? Also, the new memento mori is a lot better than the 1500 echo weapons, but you get memento mori for free. That’s just ridiculous.

Well, not quite for free. The materials required for the various interactions total 1250 echoes in value, not counting the cost of fuel and supplies for traveling to the various places. There’s at least one cross-map-ish trip required, which is about 400 echoes’ worth of fuel and supplies at minimum if you don’t want to live on the edge, as it were, which brings it up to 1650 echoes’ worth of effort.

:D
edited by Fretling on 1/11/2015

I found my father’s bones. Then, I ate my crew. Great story! ^_^
edited by nameless on 1/13/2015

Everything is tragic - some updated things I noted when going around on another father’s bones quest - I hope this is ok if it’s under a spoiler.[li]

The Nacreous survivor can no longer be found at the fathomking’s after you surrender the outcast - I fulfilled everything else; went around collecting all that treasure/enigma/flukecore, and then it wasn’t there. Not sure what it’s like with the other officers, though. :| I’m going to have to wait until another officer becomes available, or until they put that option back in.
Memento Mori requires 1 searing enigma and 3 devilbone dice at the final stage, somehow? and you no longer need large hold capacity for the end of the Principle’s quest. Mt Nomad now floats around both Aestival and the chapel of lights, because it’s a magic mountain.
[/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 1/14/2015

[quote=fortluna]Everything is tragic - some updated things I noted when going around on another father’s bones quest - I hope this is ok if it’s under a spoiler.[li]

The Nacreous survivor can no longer be found at the fathomking’s after you surrender the outcast - I fulfilled everything else; went around collecting all that treasure/enigma/flukecore, and then it wasn’t there. Not sure what it’s like with the other officers, though. :| I’m going to have to wait until another officer becomes available, or until they put that option back in.
Memento Mori requires 1 searing enigma and 3 devilbone dice at the final stage, somehow? and you no longer need large hold capacity for the end of the Principle’s quest. Mt Nomad now floats around both Aestival and the chapel of lights, because it’s a magic mountain.
[/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 1/14/2015[/quote]

[/li][color=#009900]There is another relevant officer coming before the 6th. A lot of final pieces are sliding into place, now, so I’m afraid alternate routes through the plot may be fiddly for the time being.[/color]