Fallen London: Zeefarer

I am Also Stuck at Zee.

…I want to go back to London now, heading out to Zee was a mistake.

Edit: Just made a Bug Report.
edited by Deathjack999 on 6/24/2021

[quote=Deathjack999]…I want to go back to London now, heading out to Zee was a mistake.[/quote]&quotLet me go home
Why don’t they let me go home
This is the worst trip I’ve ever been on&quot

another issue has happend. i traded in my old experenced zailor for old salt… and dident get old salt levels… it just ate my old zailor levels for nothing

Refresh your browser and see if it’s there now.

there it is, thank you. bah now i regret not doing more zailing before… its no where near top rank

What is ‘Old Salt?’ I haven’t come across that. My Experienced Zailor was converted into 3 levels of Zeefarer.

By the way, are there any items that give Zeefaring boosts? With some of the other new qualities and skills, old items were given retroactive boosts to them. Anything like that?

I want a captain’s hat, that’s all.

The book(s) from the now-inactive access code(s) that coincided with the release of Sunless Sea are the only old things listed on the wiki as providing Zeefaring. And there’s the Home Comfort you can get after building a statue at every station on the railway.

I seem to have hit something of a snag reaching the Khanate. Having unlocked the Atlas, I’ve accidentally wiped out my ‘Experienced Sailor’ quality to boost my Zeefarer high enough? Is there a way around this or am I just locked out of the content now?

This is the intentional behaviour

Yes. But is there a way to get the option to discover the Khanate back. It has removed the option from both locations. So is there a way to get back into the content or am I simply locked out?

I think that means you’ve discovered it - the relevant quality is hidden.

I checked that first a few times. Refreshing with the map open at zee seems to have fixed it now though (I wonder why that didn’t work the last two times?)
edited by sebastian olmen on 6/25/2021

Jesus, I failed that Zeefarer check in Balmoral 9 or 10 times before I passed it. With a 50% chance too. I love you, FL RNG…

20% chance, first time, like a boss.

I’m liking the Zee revamp! It feels way more engaging going through different regions with different cards and danger levels, feels more like exploration. I actually went to two places I’ve already been to before thinking they were new, just because everything seemed new and unfamiliar. I’m still not 100% sure some of those places I haven’t checked aren’t new (they aren’t, are they?? Khanate’s the only new port so far, right?) Of course, I may never go back to Zee because I’m too busy scheming in the Khanate, but still, I’m pleased with the update.
edited by enail on 6/26/2021

Zeefaring is a great overhaul, and I’m liking the Khanate grind so far. Has a nice feeling of progress to it.

I think I understand what Sebastian is talking about. I’m absolutely sure I had failed all my checks at Balmoral, so I had decided to take a short trip to Bullbone to get my Zee legs. When I came back and converted all my previous zailing experience, I found I was no longer able to use my Salt Steppe Atlas to try and find the route. I went back to Balmoral and there was no option there either. When I later checked my zailing map, I was able to simply select the Khanate as a destination. There might be a weird edge case that occurs when you convert previous zailing experience which just gives you the location of the Khanate without needing to make the check.

EDIT: I also took a trip to Polythreme after I left Bullbone, if that might have affected anything.
edited by Mulligan on 6/26/2021

Or it’s just locked with ExpZailor, besides requirement for location.

In coming back from Polythreme in my first zee voyage since the update, I passed through the zone of the zee the Khanate is in. That unlocked the route for me. It might have been the same for you.

Ahhh, I see. Makes sense, thanks for verifying.