Fallen London Reworks: Lodgings Part 2

Not to be obtuse here, but how much dinner preparation must I do before sending the invite now? I feel like I’m missing something!

You need 3 preparations of 2 different dinner types.

You get to keep the surplus as well, so feel free to stock up to use when you need them.

You know the one thing I feel is missing from the new dinner options? Some form of extravagant feast that requires all three forms of preparation (and boosts the Hedonist quirk, perhaps?). It seems like the logical progression of the system.

Perhaps an action to cut corners, as well, for the occasional player who prefer to live like an ascetic?

Hmmm…I’ve currently got 11 or more of several different dinner types, and can’t find the option to actually invite my guest! After acquiring provisions, all I see is “Perhaps Not” at the bottom of the page, and no new actions seem to open from the lodgings card…

My acquaintances also seem to be arbitrarily available or unavailable.

In the same storylet for gathering ingredients, you should see three options of hosting the dinner (even if some requirements are missing they should be visible on the page):

[ul][li]Host a Neathy dinner[/li][li]Host a feast inspired by the Surface[/li][li]Host a traditional London meal

[/li][/ul]

I do rather like the idea of the extravagant feast option which requires all 3. Perhaps even 5 or more of all 3.

Do they have Free Evenings left?