Fallen London Reworks: Dilmun Club

I can’t decide if I prefer the tiger with the cigar or the tiger with the monocle.

And huh, the Tiger Keeper is actually an ambassador of sorts. I thought he was just a zoo keeper!

Anyway, I look forward to getting the card ^_^

Need to progress in the labyrinth to get that far, eh? Well I guess I’ll do this story after I get my cider.

[quote=Waterpls]Is Obdurate Stallion card still matter of luck? Not sure if its profitable.[/quote]Last I checked it’s still a matter of luck and not particularly profitable (though useful if you are grinding Renown: Society, I suppose).

Seconding this question. I know nothing about these tigers, but the art was enough to convince me that I must have them all. If it means several weeks of grinding before advancing, that is completely fine, but I would prefer to move on with the story and collect them one at a time if that is possible.

How much tribute do you get from the ballet?

I hope my extravagantly titled tigress will help me with this expedition. I love her so much!

You can collect the tigers one at a time. In addition, each tiger unlocks a new 62.5 item you can grind by trading tribute for the item on the elder continent. (Except the culture one, that is favours in high places)
edited by suinicide on 10/30/2017

The tiger (Stripped delights) option at the end of the Port Carnelian carousel now has an AwRA 15 requirement.

Here’s the echo for it: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ragish?fromEchoId=12826304

It gives out all the usual perks +5 Tribute
edited by Lallinka on 10/30/2017

i’m a dog person, but the cigar kitty is as irresistible as any cat could ever be

[quote=suinicide]You can collect the tigers one at a time. In addition, each tiger unlocks a new 62.5 item you can grind by trading tribute for the item on the elder continent. (Except the culture one, that is favours in high places)
edited by suinicide on 10/30/2017[/quote]

Thank you! :)

I do think there should be an option to give Tribute directly to the Court, instead of sailing back to London.

Requiescat in Pace my bank account. 25 echoes gives 10 tribute and it only takes one action. That mean’s each tiger is effectively 600 echoes and all three is 1800. It’s the fastest way to get all three and I have the cash to burn. Although, I wouldn’t mind if somebody came up with a requiem for my wallet.

I have to say I love the text snippets you get when giving the Tiger Keeper items for Tribute.

My favourite: The response when you give cash (25 Echoes):

You know, considering that you can get tribute from doing a term as governer, and assuming the tribute collection option is in the port, I wonder if the EPA for that grind goes up if you focus on the tigers. Someone needs to do the math (And then explain the new grind to me in laymens terms if it works)

I haven’t done this myself yet, but from what I saw on the forum/reddit/wiki:

• In Port Carnelian: The regular cycle (26 actions) now can give 5 x Tribute (if siding with the Tigers at the end).[/li][li]In the Court of the Wakeful Eye: You can spend 4 actions to convert 20 x Tirbute, to a 62.5 Echoes item

The wild card here is that each of these is a different destination reachable after a zee trip.

Theoretically, you can spend a lot of time in Port Carnelian (supposedly it’s possible to optimize enough such that it offsets the actions taken zailing there and missing opportunities in London), then take the hundreds (or thousands) of Tribute you’ve accumulated, zail to the Court of the Wakeful Eye, and do the 4-action option repeatedly.

[quote=dov]I have to say I love the text snippets you get when giving the Tiger Keeper items for Tribute.

My favourite: The response when you give cash (25 Echoes):

[quote=The Tiger Keeper]&quotAh,&quot says the Tiger Keeper, eyeing the stack of notes. &quotCapital.&quot[/quote][/quote]Oh, that is great. I for one am rather enamored with the Tiger-Keeper doofing out over an offering of puzzle-damask. The text for placing a Winsome Dispossessed Orphan in their care is also very very good. Majestic and fantastical and a little frightening because although he may be a friendly kitty who smokes hookah and wears a fez, the Tiger-Keeper is still a six-hundred-pound tiger.

This update is so very well written in general. I’m thoroughly impressed, and I’ve not even left London yet! It’s still setup for something more, but it’s a top-quality pseudo-endgame. The Labyrinth of Tigers has some of the best-developed repeatable content in FL (monster breeding, anyone?), and the fifth coil is brilliant even among such company. Bravo! Bravo!

I adore the &quotcapital&quot line. I told someone about it and they agreed to hand London over to the tigers then and there, because they’re clearly the superior species.

Has anyone given a deshrieked mandrake yet?

Are there equivalents for the other ambitions?

Deshrieked Mandrake is from the Bazaar, not Bag a Legend.

It’s all on the wiki (except for the Fate-locked options, of course), though the resulting text itself is properly trimmed where applicable.

edited by dov on 10/31/2017

Does one gain Tribute from governership even if they’re not yet at that point in the story?