Fallen London Comics: A Pinch of Snuff

O-ho! I see it now! (And I love the shrooms-in-hair…)

Sneaky. I look forward to seeing what develops.

The zee monsters look friendly today!

I shake with glee.

OK, I’m clueless. Which may be the most literal way I have ever used that word :(

You have to poke about the page a bit until you can put your finger on the clue.[li]

Well, there’s too much it could be. Tried hidden links in the graphic, and that could still be the thing IF there’s code in there to take away the hand when it hovers over the link.

I see a lot of things in the background which could be something significant. Not sure about if they are relevant.

And then there’s what look like letters and numbers in various points and if they are, they don’t spell anything, but it could be like the River in a Box and be an extension for the URL, but WHICH main site could it be? Storynexus? EchoBazzar? FallenLondon? The comic site?

Needless to say, I’m lost.

If you really are desperate you could try examining the page source.

Okay, I missed that the first dozen times I did it. Man, I feel stupid now.

I really didn’t get the clues, but I found what I was looking for anyway… Tabbing myself to the answer…
edited by Aximillio on 7/17/2013

The bad news is, “You guys no longer have to pony up cash up front and then still agonize about the production because we’re getting someone with deeper pockets to do it for you. Just pick it up at retail.”

I’ll take bad news like that any day.

There’s not a good clue to the thing in the comic. The thing in the comic is a clue to the other thing.

To those looking for a clue: you want what the zailor wants.

For no apparent reason I am suddenly in the mood to quote some Cooleridge…those unfamiliar with it may enjoy the references.

Here’s the first verse of Kubla Khan purportedly written while the good poet was in a haze of opiates

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.
So twice five miles of fertile ground
With walls and towers were girdled round;
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
And here were forests ancient as the hills,
Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

'ello, I’ve just wandered over from Porlock - can I bother you for a minute?

Oh yes…one moment… what was I doing again? I seem to have lost my train of thought…

I wonder if that fine gentleman was working for the Bazaar.

I thought he was working for the Regius Professor of Chronology, but you might be on to something!

Sorry to dig up this thread like a resurrectionist, but I want to point a minor detail out.
It takes place in 1899.
That’s half a decade in the future of our current place in the timeline.

[quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]Sorry to dig up this thread like a resurrectionist, but I want to point a minor detail out.
It takes place in 1899.
That’s half a decade in the future of our current place in the timeline.[/quote]
??? It says &quotNew Newgate Prison, Fallen London, 1891&quot quite clearly on the first page.

By the way, here’s a working link to the comic, since most of those up-thread aren’t anymore.

I accidentally reported someone while trying to scroll with my iPhone. ( I hate touch screens…)

Since I am posting here, I might as well ask… What happened to this project? It seems very interesting, and I would love to read more.

Don’t worry; the reported poster has been Dealt With. Thank you for your loyalty, Citizen-Investigator.

I appear to have been hallucinating. My apologies.
Don’t worry, I have accidently reported around 6 people before, due to missclicks.