F.F. Gebrandt's Prelapsarian Exhibition is here!

Lacreous Affection has no known uses at this time, that might change in the future though. It probably won’t hurt to have a couple in stock, just in case.

The game says we’ll have more sources in the future. And… doesn’t deny that it will have uses in the future. I’m guessing future sources may not be as convenient but if you’re on a budget I wouldn’t rank it as a very high priority.

Well, I already obtained the Bronze Plaque, the Illuminating Cap, 100 Venom Rubies, a Lingering Contentment, and a dose of Aconite. The Kaleidoscope is beyond my means. Nothing else looks very attractive so, I suppose, why not get the Lacreous Affection on the chance that it will become useful someday. It is not like the Curator’s Gratitude is useful beyond buying these things.

And the next stage of the event is live!!

A Royal Visitor!!

2 Likes

Anyone knows what happens or what you get when you join her entourage?

My Society renown is lower than 30, so I said feck it and chose the first option.

I haven’t got the Illuminating Cap yet, seems like a nice hat item.

Venom rubies are super easy to obtain via pickpocketing the crowds in Spite.

I bought two Lacreous Affections.

I started with 250k Curator’s Gratitude, it’s now about 156k remaining.

I’ve yet to acquire the Illuminating Cap, so chalk another 50k off that soon.

Edit: I already have the Illuminating Cap. I forgot to equip it!

Aw, shit.

Of all the things that couldn’t possibly end well, this couldn’t possibly end the best.

3 Likes

Bahaha, this is fantastic! The masters will be so furious! That one bit was really very touching, though, the writing for this event has been wonderful.

1 Like

Crikey. Wasn’t expecting all that.

I seem to be a bit out of the loop with this portion of the Fallen London lore. My impression was that in this timeline, the Consort is still alive and that curing him of his illness was the price the Empress sold London to the Bazaar for. You can see him at symphonies and he’s mentioned in a sidebar snippet. Why, then, is she so excited to see a manifestation of him? What am I missing here?

2 Likes

Similar to the above post: This new turn of events has raised a question for me that I never even thought about before. We’re told that Victoria betrayed London in exchange for the continued life of Prince Albert. But where is he in the game? What the hell happened to him? If I ever knew I have totally forgotten. She didn’t seem to get a very good deal for her treachery, whatever the answer.

1 Like

That’s true for all those who sold a city; the deals were all double-edged. Just think of the Cantigaster

I think from what few snippets we’ve seen about Albert, he’s very sickly… possibly almost zombie-like.

The version of Albert that Gebrandt’s machine conjures here looks young and healthy. I guess that’s what threw V. off-balance (not that I think her particularly well-balanced at the best of times!).

Anyway, that’s definitely a turn of events I did not see coming! And I wonder what the Duchess will have to say about a Second City revival!

(We should probably employ spoiler tags here since we’re talking about content that just went live and people might be looking at this thread just to see whether the next stage of the event is out yet.)

2 Likes

He’s been alive this time. Technically. Within the bounds of the agreement negotiated between the Empress and the Masters.

To my knowledge, the best (only?) view the player character gets of the Consort is one of the endings of the Fate-locked story A Trade in Faces. He is more-or-less a zombie. Not one of those exciting ones, just a rather dull barely-alive grey-colored, Consort-shaped lump of meat. Someone else might dig out an echo, but he doesn’t talk, barely reacts to stimuli, and I think the Empress is hand-feeding him his supper because he can’t operate silverware?.

So I can see why the Empress wanted to see him as he was.

What the Duchess will say? I want to know what the Masters will say!

3 Likes

All these poor Nemesis players going through the neathy wringer to resurrect a loved one while the Empress just snaps her fingers and all of London practically fights each-other to get it done for her! Ah, the perks of royalty.

Also, looking at this and the whole “I refuse to let time progress past 1899” thing, I’m starting to see a big ol’ sunless traintrack being built ahead of us lads.

Choo choo!

5 Likes

Nothing bad can come from looting the artefacts and buying the ushabti, right? :skull:

4 Likes

Does anyone have the echo for looting the tomb-house? The description of the place and its inhabitants was positively creepy.

1 Like

Nothing bad happens, for now.

Not exactly tomb-robbing
The ushabtiu themselves are too big to easily carry, and there are many other more portable artefacts lurking in the abandoned house – lapis lazuli beads and papyri covered in hieroglyphic texts. You grab what your arms will carry. The house responds with unfriendliness. Clay jars fall easily out of shelves; reed mats slip under your feet, threatening to topple you. Heavy feet stomp around in the upper floor.

Looks like there is a very clear binary choice here:

Get the unique reward or ‘progress’ with the story…

1 Like

The unique reward option says it will progress the story too - just with added risk.

This will progress the story of the Prelapsarian Exhibition, and lead eventually to a unique reward. Buyer beware, however.

1 Like