F.F. Gebrandt for Lord Mayor!

[color=#0066ff]F.F. Gebrandt has announced her candidacy for Lord Mayor! [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]So many Londoners have petitioned for her help, she could only possibly answer all their needs from the Mayoral office. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]This business-minded chemist and highly respected academic has plans for a wider range of chemical inventions, and founding a museum for the edification of the city’s palaeontologists…[/color]

This is a candidate that I didn’t know I needed in my life.

I find it hard to believe she won’t get my vote. Would need some serious competition

A reasonable candidate, for once. Though knowing from my own activities what scientists in the Neath get up to…I wonder what we don’t know about her.

Oh, she finally has some artwork for her own. No more sharing the same artwork as &quotYour Aunt&quot!
I remember the days when I managed to draw all cards that have the original old &quotaunt.png&quot - the cards involving the aunt, the Numismatrix and Gebrandt. So much cringe.
edited by Rostygold on 6/29/2020

Well, well… An academic candidate as the first choice? Colour me interested!

Now I just have to hope that she doesn’t have such favourites as HAL or the Duchess as competitions, or I won’t know who to vote…

Well, with this motto, it’s support at first sight (like love, only with more campaigning)! It would take some real heavyweight, like the Duchess, to be even close to competition (at least for my vote).

I like the artwork!

Do you suppose we’ll finally learn what &quotF. F.&quot stands for? :D
edited by phryne on 6/29/2020

An … explosive candidate, for a change.

Well, it’s going to be really hard to sway my vote from this one! A candidate of the academic persuassion? Sign me right up!

A solid choice, if a bit dull. I do hope someone more interesting turns up. Fingers crossed for a rubbery candidate.

Love the artwork!

I can’t wait to see the other candidates, but I doubt any of the others will be able to snag my vote after this reveal.

Hard to see myself voting for anyone else … unless it’s Jenny, or a Rubbery Man, or that Turkish Girl.

A tincture for what ails London!

well she’s someone I’d want to vote for, but until we know the other candidates I won’t say either way.

The only candidates that could possibly interest my (revolutionary-leaning, rubbery-sympathizing) mad-scientist character more would be April or the Tentacled Entrepreneur.

An interesting idea occured to me - since F.F.Gebrandt is explicitly tied to Lab & Palaeontology content, and we have recently got three new broad content areas, perhaps the other two candidates will somehow represent the Parabola and the Railway?

I mean, obviously all of these are tightly interconnected, but also represent three potentially quite divergent paths for future London to take, and viewpoints of what types of endeavours carry most promise.

The theme of Science × Industry × Dreams is actually quite appealing to me. I just would be hard pressed to choose one. What about the rest of you?

Whoa, FF Gebrandt looks rad as hell. Now to see whether Silas the Showman is finally in the race this year.

[quote=Aardvark]An interesting idea occured to me - since F.F.Gebrandt is explicitly tied to Lab & Palaeontology content, and we have recently got three new broad content areas, perhaps the other two candidates will somehow represent the Parabola and the Railway?

I mean, obviously all of these are tightly interconnected, but also represent three potentially quite divergent paths for future London to take, and viewpoints of what types of endeavours carry most promise.

The theme of Science × Industry × Dreams is actually quite appealing to me. I just would be hard pressed to choose one. What about the rest of you?[/quote]

I like the theme…though there hasn’t been much of a theme to Mayoral candidates in the past.