Eyeless Skull, and the Cave of Nadir in general

[quote=Ewan C.]About to enter for the first time. Am I right to believe that the twitter-mentioned code will remove Irrigo, once, even if I’m in the cave?

Regardless, if I’m wrong in my assumption that the code-phrase is MrBronze I’d appreciate a PM - thanks![/quote]

I tried it myself earlier, but either I am incorrect or I am formatting something wrong or perhaps it is just no longer valid.

Sorry, folks - the cadre in question didn’t use that honorific in those days.

The answer’s in the Cave itself. If you don’t draw the card (as I didn’t, on my first visit), you could take a look at someone’s journal…

And yes, you can use the link to remove your Irrigo while you’re still in the Cave.

I’m pretty sure the mongolian empire was well past the bronze age

The code is still usable - just checked.

Where might one enter such a code?

It’s an access code, so enter the following URL with the answer tacked onto the end:

fallenlondon.storynexus.com/a/

Worked just fine for me.[li]
Thanks, Kirk!

It didn’t work for me, though I’m only going by Ewan’s answer as I didn’t see the question!

The question is: What name did Mr Iron trade under in the Fourth City? (all one word, no spaces {but the answer isn’t one word})
It removes all your irrigo: If you use it with no Irrigo, it’ll get burned up anyway and do nothing at all.

Those to whom access codes are new – you might enjoy these:

edited by Flyte on 7/22/2013

I am much obliged Flyte! It seems I’d already used warm and dark, but the first one worked very well and the last one was amazingly potent!

I’ve been grinding away at the curios for a couple hundred actions with no skull to be found, and done the expedition that will potentially yield one around twenty times. Am I fabulously unlucky?

Fairly unlucky, yes. I would focus more on the curios if I were you as twenty times doing that expedition must have taken a huge amount of actions and supplies.

It is definitely a matter of luck

I was very lucky - I got a skull on my first expedition after getting the Missionary/Firebrand story.

My alt on the other hand did days of grinding both Seeking Curios and expeditions before getting one.

[li]
It was completely ridiculous. As soon as I found out curios could yield it, I switched, because at least curios gain me something!

[quote=lady ciel ]It is definitely a matter of luck

I was very lucky - I got a skull on my first expedition after getting the Missionary/Firebrand story.

My alt on the other hand did days of grinding both Seeking Curios and expeditions before getting one.[/quote]

A lot of luck indeed. I got my first Eyeless Skull right before advancing the Missionary/Firebrand storyline to the right point.
My husband started amassing Skulls at the same time, but I now have 5 and he has 3 (we want to have enough to buy a Ray Drenched Cinder before we start the Cave for the first time).

Curio hunting certainly does replenish Whispered Secrets. By the time I had Archaeologist 5, I was down to about 29000 Whispered Secrets (having started with about 50,000 before embarking on Expeditions). Having used nothing but the Curios to look for Eyeless Skulls, I’m now back to over 46,000 Whispered Secrets.

1 Like

Quick question guys. I have just attained enough Intimate points with the Firebrand to enact the next phase of the Nadir storyline. I now need an Eyeless Skull and have begun repeat runs through the Temple of the Blue Heaven to find one.

Now I know through minor spoilers that there are certain items that may be aquired by bringing standard ones into the Cave, such as the Ravenous Henchmen and the Irrigo Parabola-Linen Suit. Does anyone have a list of all the things I need to bring to get as much as I can out of the first run?
edited by Owen Wulf on 7/23/2013

There’s a list on the second page of this thread.