EXCEPTIONAL STORY: FLINT PART II, WINE OR WOUND

And another question, though I think the answer is contained in Truthseeker’s long post about finishing the content, but I want to be sure: once I’ve had my final conversation with the Bishop, can I return to Apis Meet? I want to hunt for some rare successes.

Well… that’s what happens when you drink from the wound with 200 all stats and “all shall not be well”… (spoiler obviously)

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Danko?fromEchoId=7141427

If you don’t want to spoil it - I say go for it. It is really bad, but still kind of good and exciting. You only live once (not really true but ohwell)!

You can return to Apis Meet, but not to Caution or the Bleeding Forest. I wasn’t sure about this myself so I went back to Apis as soon as I finished the story in London. You can play through as many days in Apis as you want, but the options to travel to Caution with Wombwell & Co. are gone.

Which is, in itself, kind of odd - on leaving Apis Meet, I got the message that &quot[You can return at any time, and spend another day in Apis Meet; but after each day you must leave again, either for London or for the deeper South.]&quot. South’s unavailable, even so? …Although I guess that makes sense given that you’ve been directly told to leave Caution.

Unrelatedly, I wonder how much time passes when you’re flinty? Time passes strangely in the Neath, so it makes sense that it wouldn’t affect anything in London - but… still an interesting thing to consider.

[quote=ashdenej]
on leaving Apis Meet, I got the message that &quot[You can return at any time, and spend another day in Apis Meet; but after each day you must leave again, either for London or for the deeper South.]&quot.[/quote]
That’s exactly what made me think another expedition might be possible… but the only option at Wombwell’s is to look at the exhibits. If there’s another way to go South I didn’t find it.

Though that was only because you were Cherty at the time, wasn’t it? I got rid of my remaining Chertyness on my return visit to Apis Meet, so that wouldn’t be a problem anymore. Maybe we’ll be able to return once the Dilmun Club content is updated…
edited by Amélie Vaincœur on 12/1/2015

Interesting if getting your Dangerous set to 205 requires choosing that all might not be well- didn’t that choice say there was no additional reward for taking the riskier path?

[quote=Amélie Vaincœur]

Do you mean those? They’re new:
[/quote]

Yes! They’re so surreal and vibrant which is such a nice a contrast to how drab all the London ones are, as it should be.

I’m exceptionally fond of one of the skull images. Shame I was on mobile much of the time while I was doing this story.
edited by Blaine Davidson on 11/27/2015

So, has anyone taken Silas along?

I currently have Silas along for the ride, though I’ve only just begun my Expedition.

A question to the more careful adventurers out there, about the choices on the Lesser Wound:

At the last choice where you could either betray or leave the Patroness to continue with her mission, is there any special reward for either of those choices? I impulsively just went for the drink, and those options immediately disappeared afterward. The Patroness was simply removed from my companions when I got out of the place.

Also, a million thanks to the Bishop for absolving my sin. My carelessness is chronic, but the light of hope now returns.

[quote=Blaine Davidson]I’m a little concerned, all this talk about how good the writing was and not one mention of the lovely art? I’d love to have some of those thumbnails from Caution, are they in Sunless Sea? I haven’t encountered those yet.

Absolutely well done.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more.

I’m out of actions so I can’t continue, but I so deeply regret giving a realistic response instead of an optimistic one. My only option is to

[spoiler]turn my deputy into a statue – I wish I’d given her hope instead. I’m really hoping that there’s a way to free her after she turns to stone… but I am really thoroughly enjoying this story a lot, it’s absolutely wonderful! Gorgeous writing and gorgeous art, and I hope to see more content like this in the future!

EDIT: Oh thank god. I have two options: bring her back or join her. I… am actually kind of tempted to join her, just because it’s such an interesting choice?? I have no idea if this is wise though.[/spoiler]
edited by KShep on 11/28/2015

I have no idea, but I urge you to become a statue, if only for my own selfish curiousity.

Becoming a statue

[spoiler]doesn’t actually do much. The only storylet that you can play involves waiting, and eventually you will be freed by somebody. You will get some little items here and there-- I remember Tales of Terror in particular. It does take up a lot of turns, though-- about 10, I believe, since you get 10 Time Passing and have to deplete it to 0 before someone comes along and frees you.

Then again, note that this was done when I chose the lower difficulty for this story.[/spoiler]
edited by Sestina Valdis on 11/28/2015

Alright so at the very end:

There is a message saying to guard your essences, as they may come into effect in future Exceptional Stories. What is that referring to? I have some Cherty left over, but that’s about the only think I can think of.

[quote=Rackenhammer]Alright so at the very end: <snipped>

If you look in your inventory, you will see that, despite your dialogue with the Bishop, you still have an icon for &quotCollection of Essences from a Prison of Flint.&quot The mouse-over box will tell you that the item, along with some rewards from the January and February Exceptional Stories, &quotunlock a small extra narrative.&quot

edited by cathyr19355 on 11/28/2015

It seems that most people chose one of the two more profitable ends to Flint. Did anyone choose to ask the Bishop about himself at the end?

About the rewards,

I am absolutely super excited about the chance to remove my stains! I wonder if there will eventually be a way to loose myself of the chains as well? An Exceptional odyssey to restore myself from a really bad mistake?

I did.

I did.[/quote]

This actually would significantly change my character’s views on Snuffers. It’s kind of a depressing story. I mean she questions what they are and their actions. Hell, she often wonders if it was a wise idea to let [spoilers]the Big Rat live and if she should be occasionally assisting the teeth.[/spoilers]

But if she were to come into contact with this piece of knowledge in-game, well, the Bishop would immediatrly receive blatant favoritism and she’d be much kinder to Snuffers overall.
edited by Blaine Davidson on 11/28/2015