EXCEPTIONAL STORY: FLINT PART II, WINE OR WOUND

The mouseover text on the Outlandish Artefact is one of the greatest things I have ever read. Thank you.

Hey, so I decided to make the incredibly foolish choice While in the vineyard, allied to the Patroness. What happens if you betray her or remain allied to her - and what happens if you don’t nearly die from drinking from the wound? I feel like I might have missed out on something since I just kind of woke up with the essences and then left the Vineyard… Also, what happens if you do the commission in Apis Meet before the expedition? I did it after and post facto got a way to hinder an opponent…

So, I got my ticket to cross the Zee and… Well, it’s been a while since I’ve used my Zubmarine, so I’d forgotten what was involved.

R.I.P. all of those Qualities I hadn’t used up. RIP my Fascinating. RIP my Casing. RIP my Dramatic Tension. :-(

Hopefully the rest of the story is good, and I won’t feel so bad about the loss.

Would some kind and benighted soul PM me about the results of the foolish choice at the Wound? I’m quite curious.

I’ll post it here so people won’t have to ask for PMs every time, so beware, spoilers about risky choices with The Wound!

You die (8 Wounds), gain 2 levels of Nightmare, gain 5 levels of Dangerous, and… lose 40 levels of Persuasive. At least I went 200->160.

Oh, also. This was the best experience I’ve ever had in Fallen London. I just loved this story with every gram of mass in my body. If I could marry it I would. In fact I think I will!
edited by Docteur on 11/27/2015

Having just completed the story… standing ovation Bravo! I throughly enjoyed the story; this may well be the best monthly story yet!

A few spoilerish questions I have:

[spoiler] Has anyone freed more than 5 different people in the Garden? So far I have:

• a wounded man
  • a delighted woman
  • a crying woman
  • a most vengeful rat and
  • a snuffer

Also, did anyone choose to find out more about the bishop for the final reward choice? [/spoiler]

[quote=Docteur]I’ll post it here so people won’t have to ask for PMs every time, so beware, spoilers about risky choices with The Wound!

You die (8 Wounds), gain 2 levels of Nightmare, gain 5 levels of Dangerous, and… lose 40 levels of Persuasive. At least I went 200->160.

Oh, also. This was the best experience I’ve ever had in Fallen London. I just loved this story with every gram of mass in my body. If I could marry it I would. In fact I think I will!
edited by Docteur on 11/27/2015[/quote]

Flint better be open to polygamy, because I plan on marrying it too :heart:

Did anyone help the Huz find a new home, though? Or use an impediment for a rival? Some mysteries of the continent still plague me…

I don’t know what does this say about me, but I found Flint kinda cheerful and optimistic, even more than Polythreme? Like, come on, you have a friendly city of talking animals, fat scowling lady with a cute handbag, the Bishop is giving a TED talk, and the only one who can potentially do bad things is the player.

Almost forgot the Delightful Adventuress though, such a jerk. I am not taking back what I said, though.

This was such a great story! However I was confused with one thing, after returning to London and talking to the Bishop, I was able to hire more assistants, choose another deptuy and when I pressed ‘Onwards!’ I got the reward for “returning” with my the new deputy in one piece, I take it this is not intended?

[quote=Docteur]I’ll post it here so people won’t have to ask for PMs every time, so beware, spoilers about risky choices with The Wound!

The results aren’t consistent. I got a few points of wounds, gained some levels of Dangerous, and… lost ONE point of persuasive. Also got a primaeval hint.

[quote=the truthseeker][quote=Agatha Kizmesis][quote=Docteur]I’ll post it here so people won’t have to ask for PMs every time, so beware, spoilers about risky choices with The Wound!

Flint better be open to polygamy, because I plan on marrying it too :heart:[/quote]
I’ll join that Org…I mean group wedding party as well! I want to have and to hold this event until True Death do us part!
[li][/quote]

Welcome to the party ;)

[li]I continue to require a spot of help, as I’m apparently stuck in Apis Meet with no clue of how to carry on. I’ve been to the Mountain but was whisked back to the Meet with the Menagerie and can’t find an option to go back. To my knowledge, I didn’t finish the story. Help.

[/li][li]Check your inventory (specifically your curiosities) for a pinkish container of essence. If you do not have that, I’d suggest raising a bug with FB.
[/li]

Speaking of shotgunning the wound, and this might be fairly big,

Drinking from the Wound while all won’t be well, my character lost forty Persuasive and got forty dangerous. Note here, I’m not capped. A friend suspects it might be able to bust the stat cap since he went up to 205?

I’m a little concerned, all this talk about how good the writing was and not one mention of the lovely art? I’d love to have some of those thumbnails from Caution, are they in Sunless Sea? I haven’t encountered those yet.

Absolutely well done.

[quote=Ruddertail][quote=Docteur]I’ll post it here so people won’t have to ask for PMs every time, so beware, spoilers about risky choices with The Wound!

The results aren’t consistent. I got a few points of wounds, gained some levels of Dangerous, and… lost ONE point of persuasive. Also got a primaeval hint.[/quote]

cry

There’s a display bug: Interrogate the Parakeets doesn’t tell you about the Mysteries of Elder Continent you’ve lost, but they are certainly removed from your inventory.

Re: the wound-

I drank from the wound, was capped in Dangerous and so didn’t get any, but I lost about 100CP in Persuasive. I went from 4 to 7 wounds but did not die, and gained some nightmares.

@Lumyire: that’s not a bug, it’s the new UI – see the Requirements & Costs thread.

Do you mean those? They’re new:

edited by Amélie Vaincœur on 11/27/2015