EXCEPTIONAL STORY: FLINT PART II, WINE OR WOUND

[quote=the truthseeker][quote=SavoryBiscuits]

I did.[/quote]

I was sort of expecting him to survive in his current form to the next century. &quotSo what’s your favourite movie?&quot
&quotFace Off&quot[/quote]

When you think about it, Nicolas Cage’s movies are all pretty suspicious.

Face/Off: Nic Cage took someone else’s face… off.
The Wicker Man: Nic Cage got locked in a cage and swarmed by bees so that the inhabitants of a certain island could get their honey.
National Treasure: Book of Secrets: Nic Cage created a scandal at the British Royal Palace in order to obtain a Memento of Passion.
Con Air: Nic Cage expressed his distaste for a mistreated animal-in-a-box.

Surely there’s something he wishes to tell us all.

The Bishop has arranged to meet you in a hidden gallery of St Fiacre’s. He waits before the death mask of the man they now call the Architect of Birds.

Any idea who this is a reference to? Or does this belong in a different thread…?

Edit: never mind, worked it out almost as soon as I asked
edited by Lord Hoot on 11/28/2015

That was indeed a very good story, rich and complex (even if it doesn’t replace The Gift as my favourite Fate-locked story). I’m just a bit disappointed with my choices (a quite out-of-character choice for the Deputy, and a bit too safe path during my stay in the Continent, but that’s my fault only).

Do all the deputies give a different unique item when back in London after the expedition?

I really loved the artwork!

A couple thoughts/questions as I’m about to finish:

1. Great story - really enjoyed it!
  2. Did the choice of who your six companions are ever matter? I never saw any impact but know that the story could have gone much differently than mine did.
  3. As for the Wound:

Yeah, probably shouldn’t have taken a drink. I think I misread the posts here and thought there was more of a dangerous boost to offset the persuasive drop… but my persuasive dived from 181 to 147 and dangerous jumped only from 148 to 151. I knew better but still thought maybe that would be a good idea. Not so much!

Your choice of original companions gave you some initial Foresighted Plans and/or… whatever the other two expedition resources were called. Since the expedition wasn’t hard at the stat cap, and you could buy all the resources in Caution anyway, it didn’t seem to matter all that much.

What I’d like to know is if anyone actually spent enough time in the Bleeding Forest to finish the entire Huz segment.

[quote=Juno]A few spoilerish questions I have:
Has anyone freed more than 5 [spoiler]…different people in the Garden? So far I have:

• a wounded man
  • a delighted woman
  • a crying woman
  • a most vengeful rat and
  • a snuffer[/spoiler][/quote]
    The tracking quality used for it has 1-20, 21-40, etc through to 81-100.
    Or at least, I didn’t see it go over 100 at all (getting the last one took me a while), and so I assume there were only 5.

Hope that helps!

I’ve found that I’m up to ‘The Lesser Wound’ where my options are

[spoiler]Collect the Essences, and then either let the Patroness complete her business - or to Collect the Essences, and then attack/betray her.
She still has the Knapt, as far as I’m aware, but I don’t feel that I know enough about her character to make a solid decision on this one. It could be because I’ve had the game closed for a few hours so it’s no longer fresh in my mind, or maybe I skimmed too fast or mis-clicked causing me to miss something that would have made this decision easier.

Can anyone suggest what the outcomes are for each of those two paths?
I know [The Imperturbable Patroness] states that it will only be with you for a little while, so I’m not expecting to keep the +3 Dreaded companion. But I’m worried that I might make the ‘wrong’ choice in the story; and I don’t want to cut myself off of interesting text or unique rewards due to my own dumb ignorance.

Edit: I ended up betraying her - she did stand in my way while the woman in yellow was in danger, after all. I lost out on whatever she found in the grass, but got a couple of daggers. (If you needed a BDR weapon this choice will give you +1. It’s exactly what you expect.)
No idea what the other option provided, but if someone could share that info that’d be cool of you.[/spoiler]

Edit: I didn’t see any answers to my query, so after sleeping on it overnight I decided to choose the latter of the two options.
edited by Kittenpox on 11/29/2015

[li] I don’t know about any of you, but this story really got me, because it’s now the second time I’ve lost the Repentant Forger, and this time it may be permanent (can someone verify this for me please?). For anyone wondering what choosing the ‘Dangerous’ route means, one aspect is that should your deputy decide life as a statue is more fitting due to you choosing the ‘Realistic’ option during an earlier talk, you can’t simply turn them back. Hopefully the information I received was worth it. [/li][li]
edited by E.C.H on 11/28/2015

[quote=Lord Hoot]&quotthe death mask of the man they now call the Architect of Birds&quot
Any idea who this is a reference to?

Edit: never mind, worked it out almost as soon as I asked[/quote]
Good for you. Could you give me a hint? ;)

Hint: An actual architect with an actual death mask in an actual cathedral… who is actually mentioned for a similar joke in Mary Poppins.

[quote=Amélie Vaincœur][quote=Lord Hoot]&quotthe death mask of the man they now call the Architect of Birds&quot
Any idea who this is a reference to?

Edit: never mind, worked it out almost as soon as I asked[/quote]
Good for you. Could you give me a hint? ;)[/quote]

A whispered hint: a famous architect associated with London, who has a bird for a surname.

Christopher Wren? Which would also make sense if St Fiacre’s is assumed to be St Paul’s as it was one of the Wren’s designs

I did.[/quote]

I was sort of expecting him to survive in his current form to the next century. &quotSo what’s your favourite movie?&quot
&quotFace Off&quot[/quote]

At least to the Edwardian Era. Or whatever it is going to be called in postlapsarian London, considering Prince Edward’s current state.

I seem to be stuck. As far as I can tell, I finished Flint Part 1.

I stole the knapt and traded it for the woman’s life.

So far, all I have at the House of Chimes is the ability to talk to the Bishop and ask the same questions over and over again (no new options appear with him or in the House of Chimes). Any idea on how to start Flint Part 2?

Have you assembled your team? If so you should have the option to start Part 2. If you have and you still can’t progress I would send a message to support.

THE BLOOD! MY WOUND! SUCH A WOUND!

Well, I know what I’m giving myself for Christmas this year. I’ll do Flint a second time.
I’m happy with my choices, I just want to spend more time in the Bleeding Forest.

The Bleeding Forest is definitely awesome. I stayed in there long enough to do the Huz mini-quest twice to see both options. I’m also glad that I got 10 of each item only found in Caution. They don’t have a use, but souvenirs are nice all their own.

I didn’t realise I was leaving the Forest for good until it was already too late, so I had only a glimpse of it.

Much obliged, lady ciel. I have assigned my companion from the first part, and I still have not seen any new options. I sent a message to support just in case, but is there something else I am missing?