EXCEPTIONAL STORY: FLINT PART II, WINE OR WOUND

Thanks! Might be interesting to keep my current deputy and see if said individual can complete their own arc separately then.

Plus I’ve already put my deputy through hell anyways before this story, why stop now?

I ask for a little bit of advise for those who have reach the Lesser Wound

Does anyone know what effects of “Drink from the Wound” are?

A little persuasive damage, otherwise a positive action.

v Thanks!
edited by Ruddertail on 11/27/2015

If you have two sets of spoiler tags in the same post, only the first will work.

Could someone PM me on what the benefits of appointing a certain person as deputy are and if/how it changes the game?

Hopefully even if the Woman in Yellow isn’t my deputy, I’ll still be able to use her later on in the story.

Also, are there any specific items or qualities I should bring with me before heading deep into the Elder Continent?
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 11/27/2015

[quote=Koenig]I ask for a little bit of advise for those who have reach the Lesser Wound

Does anyone know what effects of &quotDrink from the Wound&quot are?

It might do more than a little damage if you chose the less safe story option. edited by mnemosius on 11/27/2015
edited by mnemosius on 11/27/2015

Is there anyway to increase my chertiness inside the Bleeding Forest? There’s an option I really want to play, but the quality isn’t high enough.

Can anyone who has finished the story tell me if it’s still possible to return to Apis Meet afterwards? I have yet to leave it because I’ve spent too much time goofing off there, and I would like to continue doing this once I’ve actually finished the story.

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900] it may be the last bit of FL content I write - Paul now refuses to leave me alone in a room with a keyboard, since I have proven completely incapable of staying within content budget.[/color][/quote]So the Fidgeting Writer was really Alexis all along…

So if we didn’t pick the Lady in Yellow for our expedition because, say, we did that first and didn’t know that was an option, can she still be helped out when we get there if we save her?)

Yes you can. I’m fairly certain you can’t even make her your deputy during Flint part I, since you need the Woman in Yellow, not the Seared Snuffer for that. You get an opportunity to appoint her after leaving for Caution.

A different question:

has anyone chosen the obviously really really dumb choice at the Lesser Wound, when you’ve chosen the more risky path? Are the consequences as horrible as I imagine?

edited by Curious Foreigner on 11/27/2015

Has anyone figured out how to help the Huz with their Palace? I couldn’t seem to find a card for that.

Also, you can increase chertiness in the forest if you……let the Huz infest your clothes, and then ignore them when they show up as an Obstacle. Also, you want to avoid “mingling your tears with both” of the figures in Yearning.

Completing the story permanently unlocks Apis Meet as a destination at Zee.

Ah, I only managed to draw one card from that bit before I kept seeing repeats and decided to move on. Oh well.

[quote=Curious Foreigner]A different question:

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]has anyone chosen the obviously really really dumb choice at the Lesser Wound, when you’ve chosen the more risky path? Are the consequences as horrible as I imagine?[/color][/quote]

I died, among other things. I’ll PM you.

[quote=Curious Foreigner]

has anyone chosen the obviously really really dumb choice at the Lesser Wound, when you’ve chosen the more risky path? Are the consequences as horrible as I imagine?

edited by Curious Foreigner on 11/27/2015[/quote]

It was really not a good idea.

[li]I’m a little stuck, without any obvious way around it. Lacking in spoilers, I’ve ended up back at Apis Meet and haven’t finished the story, yet cannot advance from here any longer. Is this a bug or have I somehow ‘ended’ things without realising?

I’d like to know what happened with the Sometimes choices too to be honest. In return I offer this little reward based trinket in regards of Apis Meet:

Not sure how useful it is since I have no idea what it is for, But I got a Bell of Styian Ivory from exploring the ruins for what I can only assume was a Rare Sucess since the other times I got the coral thing. Might be handy if you ever want more than one for some reason.

[/i]
edited by Kylestien on 11/27/2015

I’m an Exceptional Friend, but I held off on starting the story last month because I was worried I’d end up in OOC territory, but now the whole thing, as echoed on a friend’s profile, sounds extremely intriguing.
Only it sounds like you could at one point

turn yourself into a lawn ornament

and by the time I’d get around to playing the story my character would be in a state of mind where it’s quite possible he’d actually do that. Can it happen and if yes how badly will it hurt (stat- and story-wise)?
edited by Katistrophe on 11/27/2015

Aughgh, I am consumed with indecision again this month. You’ve really done some completely fantastic writing, Alexis, and outdone yourself in the process.

[spoiler]Should I leave Silas? If I do, would it utterly change (or remove) the visit that he’s meant to make to my Lodgings in December? Or would the story progress as usual, making his removal pointless?

Also… damn. Didn’t realise that &quotstay away from me&quot genuinely meant &quotleave&quot, rather than &quotplease keep your distance&quot. Ooops.[/spoiler]
edited by ashdenej on 11/27/2015