Event Discussion: Conclusion of The Flowerdene Arc

I’d say either one works, someone should give a location that’s neutral ground where everyone could meet. In Wilmot’s End so there isn’t a risk of getting lung shot before the battle starts.

Also, The Bazaarine Stability Pact members should make a thread where they can discuss their game plan when they are ready. The War Room for the FDI will be up when I think we’ve got enough of a membership behind us. Also, don’t be afraid to sub in temporary characters if you want to be a part of the action and your character won’t allow it.

[quote=The Absurd Rogue]

1. I feel that’s sort of necessary, at the end of the day, these characters are the intellectual property of the writer who created them. They should have the right to do whatever they wish with that character unafeared of being prodded.[/quote]

Wait, does that mean I have to check with some writer at Gearbox Software to see if it’s okay to kill off Fleshy? :P

YES.

(No.)

But I’d be flattered if I got a lawsuit over an RP character, personally. ^_^
edited by The Absurd Rogue on 8/10/2016

[quote=The Absurd Rogue]YES.

(No.)

But I’d be flattered if I got a lawsuit over an RP character, personally. ^_^
edited by The Absurd Rogue on 8/10/2016[/quote]
True story, that actually almost happened to a friend of mine and their character is an OC.

But seriously, I’m ok with the idea of having two separate threads for the factions. Maybe even a third one for those in the middle too.

OMG really? Not trying to derail the thread, but I’d kind of like to hear details :P

UH well to make a long story short, the creator of the roleplay planned to turn it into a novel and wanted to use their character. They said no and the creator threatened legal actions. But of course you can’t really sue someone for something that’s not /their original work./ So of course the threat went nowhere.

Oh mah glob you guys, draama boommmb

giggles The creator of the RP tried to sue your frend for not letting the creator use your friend’s OWN OC? That’s…kind of hilarious.

The Internet Police never do seem to come through for people like that, do they? :P

Well… like for more reference it was from an old rp forum from years back that they already left. So imagine someone just out of the blue that you knew years ago tells you that your character is being used in a novel.

Edit: More on topic, there should be a link to the google doc for the first post.
edited by Amelia Syrus on 8/10/2016

Doin it

Wouldn’t it just be easier use the roleplay as inspiration but basically make new characters based on the old ones?
Less lawyers laughing at you certainly.
edited by Shadowcthuhlu on 8/10/2016

Passionario will be there, doing what he does best: making things much worse for everyone involved.

Everyone get hype, the rivalry continues! And now everyone is going to call Eli on lying that Passionario was dead.

Lord Gazter is a defender of the status quo.

I have one quick question though. How is the Flowerdene Insurgency going to deal with endless hoard of bats that Masters have?
edited by Lord Gazter on 8/11/2016

[quote=Lord Gazter]Lord Gazter is a defender of the status quo.

I have one quick question though. How is the Flowerdene Insurgency going to deal with endless hoard of bats that Masters have?
edited by Lord Gazter on 8/11/2016[/quote]

Ezekiel.

I figure that we have enough people for each side to start the war-rooms or at least a neutral ground place. I can start the one for the FDI, but I’d prefer someone else kicked off the BSP and the neutral ground.

I’ve thought a little more about it and I think Amelia fits better neutral with everything I have planned for her.

I think my Abs needs to be Zee during this. My reasons for not being able to participate are purely meta: I, personally, don’t deal well with confrontation even IC and I have a plan for my Abs and I refuse to deviate from it until there’s a broken cat down a well. (or Abs is happily married, either would work, but neither is compatible w. dying in an earlier RP)

Sorry.

[quote=absimiliard]I think my Abs needs to be Zee during this. My reasons for not being able to participate are purely meta: I, personally, don’t deal well with confrontation even IC and I have a plan for my Abs and I refuse to deviate from it until there’s a broken cat down a well. (or Abs is happily married, either would work, but neither is compatible w. dying in an earlier RP)

Sorry.[/quote]

I totally get that. I honestly wish there were a way for me to bow out of this one too, given how emotionally draining the last two &quotEli’s life is on the line&quot incidents have been for my emotionally unstable character, but I’ve written myself into a corner and can’t really see a way out that wouldn’t be horribly OOC.

At least there’s an end in sight :P

Been there myself – though entirely differently of course – you have my deep sympathy Kukapetal. Sometimes you just have to push on through. In my case I just forced myself to handle the scene in question, then needed almost a week away from RPing to be able to handle it. I hope it’s better for you.

virtual hug