Event Discussion: Conclusion of The Flowerdene Arc

Edit: The Google Doc is here, the poll is just for show now because of my technical ineptitude. GG.

First of all, if your character has chosen a side in the conflict you should also declare it in the forums as well as giving a basic reasoning as to why, without giving too much. You can explain it IC if you feel inspired!

Secondly, you need to establish for everyone else how much of your character you want to put on the line. There is no pressure for this to be a cataclysmic event, but this will be the end of Eli Lowe II’s story arc. One of these sides is going to lose.

Thirdly, any other concerns should be voiced here.

The Flowerdene Insurgency

Headed by the well-known stronghold for thievery and murder, The Flowerdene Initiative, these sons and daughters of perdition seek to destabilize Bazaar assets and push back all agents of The Powers That Be out of Spite, cutting off Wolfstack and Watchmaker Hill. They are highly dangerous and fanatical in their disposition, comprising of some of the most notable characters in our stories.

The Urchins, The Criminals, The Docks, Hell and Tomb-Colonist factions all have declared their support.

The Stability Pact

Formed by Agents of the Bazaar, this strike force will respond to the threats posed by Flowerdene and conclusively bring this threat to the safety of the people crashing down around their ears. Licentiates and Midnighters are all called to join this invisible war and put an end to the affront to justice.

The Masters, The Constables, The Great Game and The Church all have declared that they will honor the pact.

All other factions are neutral.
edited by The Absurd Rogue on 8/10/2016

Flowerdene, obviously, but hoping we don’t do this right away. When it all happens, I’m hoping there’s a bit more peace and quiet, however uneasy, first. A lot of big dramatic stuff’s happened recently already, and I’d like to enjoy the lull a bit longer.

Also, you’d think more factions would be against messing up the high and mighty, like Society. Also, surprised not to find revolutionaries on the opposing side.
Neutral participation due to my character’s… varied interests in terms of factions, and this decision would depend on which one they may ultimately side with. For now, they’re meddling, collecting info (and stalking RP threads they do not participate in), making their ultimate decision later on in the story.
In terms of damage, at most I’d allow damage to Euphemia, their shop, the usual menace states (even death, because they know that one loophole that allows them to keep their K&C tokens after death and that’s a good whisper-locked chest), and even serious injury (cut-off limbs and deep scars). No meddling with their contacts, thought. That’s a matter I’d prefer to avoid.
P.S. Surprised to see 3 votes for stability. Further surprised to see than none of them have commented on how much they would sustain in terms of RP punishment.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 8/10/2016

If I end up participating, I would be for Flowerdene - Dirae Erinyes has been a very vocal enemy of the masters and a spite free of the Masters or other powers would be very useful to them. Evensong will not directly go against the stability pact, but their may be a sniper on one of the roofs occupied with protecting a certain someone.
I’m will not to risk permanent death for either Dirae Erinyes or Evensong, but permanent death, a case of insanity, some drama, etc.

But that does raise a question on how to handle pvp with bigger consequences? That’s one of the reasons I’m still hesitant.

Flesh-Stick will be on Flowedene’s side, since he loves Eli. And at this point, I’m fine with killing him off on the forums permanently. The poor thing simply can’t take much more of this, and if he doesn’t die in battle, he’ll probably commit suicide shortly thereafter. I can’t really see him coming back from something like this.

That said, I’ve put WAY too much work into the character to stop playing the game, so I’ll simply declare the forums no canon for him and stay away.

I hope that’s enough of a compromise.

Hm, Maria will obviously be participating for Flowerdene, given her betraying Eli, whom she loves as if he was a part of her family, are about as likely as saying she is a proud russian or her wanting to marry a man. So, to put it simply for those that don’t know her well, 0%. Besides, she IS a criminal… she didn’t stop stealing at all. I don’t like to risk permanent death, but I also think whether to put her in combat or a ‘neutral’ medic, who would be happy to poison a wounded E. Lowe I if II is killed, since, let’s be honest, I bet neither will die easily. And many will be wounded. We need a medic. Although Maria wouldn’t be the best person for that… Hell, I think mist things she does are done with more Enthusiasm and hope it will go well than actual competency…
[li]

I also think, despite Asha being a nun, she might help Flowerdene… she does like Hell…

Now, I am worried if this will be the end of Eli… hopefully not… I need him as a tutor, and I like that char… Hopefully, it will just be the end of his priblems.

This won’t happen for quite a while, but happen it will.

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus]
[table][tr][td]Also, you’d think more factions would be against messing up the high and mighty, like Society. Also, surprised not to find revolutionaries on the opposing side.
No declarations about my participation until more people trickle in, but still have to point out some unusual things here.[/quote]
[/table]
The Revs are jackasses and won’t declare their undivided support for FDI and will be on both sides of the conflict. Society and others are considered civilians and will, again, be on both sides of the fighting or in the third category.

Let me present some of my concerns so far:

1. If a roleplayer voices that they want to kill off their character than I think that should be respected when it has been planned. But from my own personal experience, sometimes this results in interference by another player or worst the audience/other roleplayers are not pleased by the death when the character was their favorite. (This also included getting a ton of private messages that can be summed up as complaints.) I’m starting to already see this problem now with how the division is leaning mostly in support for Eli. More with the later than the former.

2. As a group rp, it should be noted not just what will be the beginning and end but also what each individual involvement should be. As it stands now, there’s a clear division line with some definitions and with clear bias in play. Though it’s good to note that a third definition can be made. But also you want to have some coordination so that every roleplayer feels like they contributed in some way and don’t feel left out. Which again from my experience is easier said than done. I think discussing what everyone’s character would do is a start.

All of that said, I have absolutely no clue where Amelia would stand. Anyone whose been following The Great Catch knows she’s been currently combing about the Neath on a crazed journey. So I’m not sure if this is something that would need her immediate attention among other things.

[quote=The Absurd Rogue]

[quote=Vavakx Nonexus][color=rgb(119, 119, 170)]Also, you’d think more factions would be against messing up the high and mighty, like Society. Also, surprised not to find revolutionaries on the opposing side.[/color]
[color=rgb(119, 119, 170)]No declarations about my participation until more people trickle in, but still have to point out some unusual things here.[/quote][/color]
[color=#7777aa]
[/color]The Revs are jackasses and won’t declare their undivided support for FDI and will be on both sides of the conflict. Society and others are considered civilians and will, again, be on both sides of the fighting or in the third category.[/quote]
First of all, while the revs are, indeed, jackasses who would destroy the entire world as we know it, would not refuse further support of their cause (which is killing/removing all the Masters and/or the Bazaar first and foremost), and would, most probably, unite under the Flowerdene.

Society is closely tied to the Great Game (The Veteran Privy Counselor ends up appearing on the Great Game card in a fate storyline, for Gods’ Sake!), and the uprising would end up hitting any and all legal positions by proxy due to the Masters losing somewhere near a third of the city. What is more questionable is how they would involve themselves, as direct confrontation probably would not be a possibility, and most of their might is in the social fields. At most, they could attempt exile to the Tomb-Colonies, which would have… questionable effects, seeing as the Tomb-Colonies are supporting Flowerdene. In retrospect, it’s probably better that they do not involve themselves. (But this is a paragraph of talking about them that I don’t want to discard, so here you go)

Sorry for the rant on a mostly irrelevant topic.

While Vaustus is a self-important jackass who has a mild dislike of the Bazaar and close ties with hell, he’s also a big enough mercenary to probably end up working for Elias I. Therefore, he’ll work to kill Elias II, which is, admittedly, helping The Flowerdyne Initiative (I think? This got complex).

It would have a year earlier, but that’s all over now. Taking out the figurehead of the FDI wouldn’t work out plans made by people who are mostly all dead.

The below idea is a little ambitious, so it might need to be toned down.

Here’s my idea. We separate the entire conflict into several different branches where the different tasks are being planned, starting with the War Room of each group. There, they assess which targets they are going to pursue, what goals they wish to reach and what is to be gained from those goals to work towards the war effort. The BSP will work on blocking those goals from happening.

Each engagement (bullets flying or subtle intrigue) will be worked out between the players working the engagement mutually and without the knowledge of anyone else, maybe through private messages or Skype. That way, players can work together on one engagement while still getting to enjoy a spoiler-free reading experience on the other ones, all suspense retained.

Thoughts?

You’re 100% correct on the Society one, because there are battles to be fought where there is little to no bloodshed. And even though Eli wouldn’t want Revs getting involved, I’ll concede that your right for the most part. Both will join the fray on their respective sides.

[quote=Amelia Syrus]Let me present some of my concerns so far:

1. If a roleplayer voices that they want to kill off their character than I think that should be respected when it has been planned. But from my own personal experience, sometimes this results in interference by another player or worst the audience/other roleplayers are not pleased by the death when the character was their favorite. (This also included getting a ton of private messages that can be summed up as complaints.) I’m starting to already see this problem now with how the division is leaning mostly in support for Eli. More with the later than the former.

2. As a group rp, it should be noted not just what will be the beginning and end but also what each individual involvement should be. As it stands now, there’s a clear division line with some definitions and with clear bias in play. Though it’s good to note that a third definition can be made. But also you want to have some coordination so that every roleplayer feels like they contributed in some way and don’t feel left out. Which again from my experience is easier said than done. I think discussing what everyone’s character would do is a start.

All of that said, I have absolutely no clue where Amelia would stand. Anyone whose been following The Great Catch knows she’s been currently combing about the Neath on a crazed journey. So I’m not sure if this is something that would need her immediate attention among other things.[/quote]

1. I feel that’s sort of necessary, at the end of the day, these characters are the intellectual property of the writer who created them. They should have the right to do whatever they wish with that character unafeared of being prodded.

2. That bias is closing fast, we’ll see what happens. Also, I addressed that in my earlier comment.

As long as this isn’t happening for quite a while I might throw Sara into it. If so, I’ll allow whatever feels most natural to happen to her.

[quote=The Absurd Rogue]1. I feel that’s sort of necessary, at the end of the day, these characters are the intellectual property of the writer who created them. They should have the right to do whatever they wish with that character unafeared of being prodded.

1. That bias is closing fast, we’ll see what happens. Also, I addressed that in my earlier comment.[/quote]
    Agreed, I’m mostly concerned with whether or not the end result will be happy for everyone especially you since this is mostly about your character’s impact. But so far it seems doable and manageable. On what’s purposed, I’m intrigued especially since it sounds like this would take more than a month or two to work out. I think ideally everyone would be involved but in different ways and spanning more than one thread. Also if players of The Great Game get involved, it would make sense if things like ciphered notes among other things are passed around.

Only other thing I’d propose is some fluff in between all of this. I’m for dramatic roleplays but it almost always loses it’s weight when it becomes consistent, even if there will be long breaks before the climatic battle.

Everyone who’s in on this, go here and put down your allegiance and anything else you think is relevant off-table.

I’m wondering how we are going to due the final tally and lead into the final of this.

I’d say that that can be arranged based on the results of the isolated engagements.

Also, Amelia, I 100% agree on that last part. Care to elaborate?

I wanted to say before we could make a thread exactly for that purpose. So my other thought was simply making a thread for an in-game pub and having players meet and drink there. But than I remember the Inflammatory Salon is kind of just that.

So now I’m honestly not sure other than maybe doing what Kuka did and just make threads for specific character meetings.

I do like the idea of warrooms. It might work well if we appointed someone to act as the organizer, listing potential targets and describing the impact of large changes. I’d like to volunteer, but I’ll be away from key board soon-ish for a few weeks