Estival 2025 Discussion Thread: Hell is Missing

It gets progressively more expensive, though. Even so, it’s great that this has become possible. Criminal record used to be really annoying before that.

As for “never been to prison”, the very circumstances of our entry into the Neath make that somewhat relative :wink: Not to mention that some of the laws imposed by the Masters might get you there no matter how law-abiding and decent you are.

But I get the gist. I myself used to be very conscious about dying back in the day, and after I accidentally bit the bullet, I made it my number one long-term goal to procure Cider to rectify this… inconvenience. In the Neath, there are ways out of every predicament.

Thanks! I updated it a bit based on my own testing, I’m glad it’s helpful.

Yes, but it’s so expensive it’s absolutely not worth it. First time it costs 2 Special Dispensations, then 4, 6, 8 and so on. Each Dispensation costs 7 Constables Favours.

Generally you should avoid prison at all cost, unless you want to go there for specific important reasons.

I have my scandal, nightmares and suspicion at 7 + some cp. Just need to get the wounds to use the Cheat Death option but I don’t have an alt. So can I ask someone to send me the needed social actions to avoid the menace areas. (Fallen London)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I’ll update this post when I have the social actions.

Edit - I managed to get someone to help avoid New Newgate and got my Shard after getting through the scandal and nightmare zones.

Nice, thank you! I had a nap and was offline and I think missed the final third or so of the Book stuff.

They both feel like permanent additions. Especially all the Imps. The Imps alone, I would have been quite disappointed if there were only a limited time to meet Unforeseen Barnabas or Wide Delilah. I love the Imps. I need more Imps.

Economically, even if the permanent version is nerfed I expect Law-Forging to be relevant long-term as an on-ramp to the Rat Market. Being able to convert formerly-inert items to Crackling Devices (with Contraptions as change) is the sort of thing that will occasionally be the key to boosting the margins of an optimal grind.

4 Likes

Law hunting is above 10 EpA with Ratket, I doubt it will remain as it is. They could move target from 8 to 10 to pin the law, which will result in more common ~6 EpA.

4 Likes

There we go, got my shard. Time to… I dunno. Do something I guess.

5 Likes

It will be nerfed, just like how it was with Curator’s Gratitude after that event.

1 Like

You can go do a bit of brawling at the docks, if you want guaranteed failure just equip a woesel. Wounds guaranteed for you.

I can raise my wounds as you suggested (and in fact am doing so) but I really don’t want to go to the menace areas if I can get some help.

The one I really don’t want to go to is New Newgate so if I could get an Invitation to Beatrice’s Tea Shop and drink some tea it would be much appreciated.

EDIT Thank you, I have now received the invitation and am all set to go. Just need to wait for my actions refresh.

1 Like

Glad I could help! Enjoy the vanity!

1 Like

That’s 'cause you’re not stupid! :sweat_smile:

I have looked and looked until I am ready to tear my hair out, but I cannot find the Candied Door despite having hunted the requisite law. What am I missing? Please, my already frayed sanity can’t take much more searching.

The Candied Door is

Unlocked with A Twisted Ontology 1-50, Ontological Laws Hunted is 500 (World Quality, now available), London, Askance 45, Metaphysical Disturbances in Fallen London is 2 (World Quality, now available)

Locked with An Inversion of Local Authority 77

Storylet appears in Fallen London

2 Likes

.. did you talk to Milton again? .. otherwise it should be there after hunting an ontological law - right on the fifth city part on the top of your page (maybe that one is accidentally closed?) ..

My London, Askance is only at 35 so that must be what is preventing it from appearing. I have all of the other bits. sigh

Is there a quick way for low level players to get a puzzling map? I need one for the last clue in A Crystallisation of Space.

A round of Vertiginous Horticulture in the Flit should do the trick. Sell your plant to the Wizened Botanist.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that!