Enigma 3?

It seems that Enigma has updated? Has anyone made progress towards understanding the new requirement?

Here’s a starting point.

(Disclaimer: I haven’t unlocked it yet, can’t set enough time aside right now. Good luck!)

Does anyone know if a certain troublesome cave is required for this, or if the resolution lies elsewhere? (if this is too much, please message me and I’ll gladly remove it)

I sincerely doubt it’d be that easy.

I HOPE it won’t be that easy!
edited by Kolanowski on 12/11/2015

Given the previous hoops, I’m inclined to agree.

Hrm. Did [spoiler]

that option which changed today (a name? a place? the name of a place? the place of a name?) always lead to a minor message or is that new? [/spoiler]

Sorry for the vague vagary but I’m trying to keep the mystery alive.

[quote=Gemma Hawley]Hrm. Did [spoiler]

that option which changed today (a name? a place? the name of a place? the place of a name?) always lead to a minor message or is that new? [/spoiler]

Sorry for the vague vagary but I’m trying to keep the mystery alive.[/quote]

As far as I know, yes, it always led to a &quotminor message&quot.

Anyway, nice to see people are back on track. Yay, time to read A Certain Book again!

There are quite a few words which can lead to that message, I don’t think they’re necessary for the next step. Whatever it may be.

I have the thing and can confirm that Enigma 3 is not out.
For the update, the starting point is enough I think.

Oh! Got the thing. I’d stick it on my mantelpiece but it seems to be hiding (either that or I’m just overlooking it).

I can’t find it either, in my items or qualities… It’s quite fitting, but I heard from people who actually know what they’re talking about that this kind of thing isn’t possible in storynexus?

Well, this is Fallen London. It started before Storynexus, and it’s still being worked on from both a technical and story standpoint. Storynexus is a good guideline, but I wouldn’t necessarily assume that Fallen London is under the very same rules.

Excellent thing. Still missing from items or qualities, however. Or perhaps it is there, and we have already forgotten it?

I must tip my hat to you folks and your superior thing finding. I look forward to a year from now when I finally figure out what to do with this clue I’ve found.

@Sara Hysaro Right, thanks! I like the idea of invisible qualities.

As usual with Enigma, don’t overthink it! If you’ve come all the way here, it should be really straightforward. And believe me, I know how frustrating this kind of advice is…

It’s an item, not a quality. You now have 1 x ‘thing’.

So. I’ve found the thing, using a specific clue, and I am aware that there were other clues. Which I think I’ve found, but what I’m asking, from everyone who got the thing, is if it’s at all possible to reach it without the one specific clue. Because I’ve been, let’s say, answer-adjacent for a while, and I can’t see how I could have made the leap without that one specific clue. So please hit me with a private message if there was something really obvious that I missed.

Seeing as it is not a continuation of Enigma but instead a small bit of side content, I don’t think it’s intended for everyone to happen across it. As with a certain shell, it is obtained through hints given in the context of the side content’s subject material. Anyone who comes along later will likely not know the context and so has no reason to see the content.

12 hours of thinking and I seem to be too d–n dumb to get it right. I’m pretty sure I know in what categories to think, but the thing itself eludes me. I’m probably going to be very cross with myself once I finally find it. Salutations to all who managed…

I just slept on it and got it without any effort this morning. It’s always good to just stop trying to hard in these kind of things.