Endlessness... for eternity

I judge, but I personally find it fascinating and most interesting. Quite individualistic, I support your refined tastes.

I’m glad that the vehicles are good for more than just a card now. It seemed such a waste to have equipment that did nothing.

Such a glorious glorious thing. <3

Hmm, I seem to have +2 Respectable but the only item of clothing I have which has a respectable stat is +1 from a morning suit. Perhaps this is a bug, or could other factors be taken into account, lodgings perhaps? Or other hidden attributes.

I am hoping that lodgings eventually add to these new stats - after all, what is the point of a respectable address if it doesn’t make you more respectable? I do not have any of the highest-level lodgings yet, though, so I can’t say. If you are a Person of Some Importance, many of the additional inventory items available add to the new attributes - but I don’t know of any that add only +1 respectable. I’m not sure how you have a +2 with a morning suit.

An easy test… Strip yourself naked from any item and see if you’ve still got the +1. Then re-add one item at a time to check which one it could be… If nothing fits, it could be a small bug or something like that. Mind that the modifiers could take some seconds to update ^^

Ah, it seems to have been a bug, I’m now back to the expected +1

When does this begin? This will do great things for my work!

Scandal is increasing…

[quote=streetfelineblue][quote=Dave ][quote=streetfelineblue]OK, so till now:
Proto Omega mentioned the Zubmarine gives +2 Bizarre.[/quote]

My zubmarine seems to give only +1 Bizarre.[/quote]

OK, edited![/quote]

Oh dear. I could have sworn mine said +2 when I first checked this morning. I suppose I must have read it wrong! Although, I still have +2 overall, which makes me wonder what could be adding it? The only other things I have equipped (that add anything) are a Ratwork Velocipede and a Dignified Tailcoat (which is +1 Respectable). :S

Scandal is increasing…[/quote]

Omnia munda mundis XD

[color=#009933]The new action regime is now live. Have fun![/color]

Scandal is increasing…[/quote]

Omnia munda mundis XD[/quote]
…touché. :p

This may well be totally unrelated, but yesterday I had a +4 to my Watchful when I first logged in, when I had equipped over +10 worth of gear. Fortunately, forcing an update (by changing one piece of gear) solved the issue. I don’t know if it was merely a display artifact, or if I really ‘had’ a +4 and might well have been locked out of certain actions (or allowed back in, as the case may be).

Confirmed! It did seem a bit of an abuse of the system - you could get the Quality increase for the higher difficulty, and if you failed you could try the easier one with no penalty other than losing the Second Chance, because the Quality increase of the second try was zero anyway.

Well, there’s always the penalty of having less of a reward, you know. A minor detail, I know, but still real.

[color=#009900]There were several exploits of various degrees of seriousness around this: some kind soul reported a particularly serious one and we tightened the functionality up.[/color]

Confirmed! It did seem a bit of an abuse of the system - you could get the Quality increase for the higher difficulty, and if you failed you could try the easier one with no penalty other than losing the Second Chance, because the Quality increase of the second try was zero anyway.[/quote]
It was great in the Forgotten Quarter, though. Look for the Correspondence and then when that failed switch over to hunting for curios and get Watchful off BOTH because the I guess the curio one wasn’t a challenge reward, it was just a fixed reward.

Not really less. If I remember correctly you could theoretically get to Mahogany Hall with a high Persuasive and 0 Shadowy (or vice versa) and grind the living daylights out of the “The cutthroat world of advertising” storylet. Or grind Persuasive off Dangerous in the third(?) coil of the Labyrinth with the nearsighted tiger (though that one is funny from a narrative standpoint - try your best to convince him, and when it fails, smile confidently and hit him in the face). The rewards for those were all about or over an Echo of stuff, pretty close to the current most lucrative storylets. Even when you factor in the time to get second chances, you still come out far ahead of the lower-level rewards for grinding legitimately.

(Watchful was the odd man out - I think the biggest crossover was fairly low in the Flit chain of events. Still possible, just not quite as profitable.)

One indeterminately-gendered individual’s exploit is another’s clever stratagem, I always say.

(Seriously. You have no idea how many occasions I’ve had to say that very phrase.)

I just got a Zubmarine (+1 bizzare) but I realized that my pet is a racing slug (+1 respectable), is there pretty much no reason to keep the slug now? I mean, I should be trying to maximize one or the other (or dreaded or… uhh… there was 1 other one, right?)… right?

And I figure that since it will be a huge bother to replace my shiny new Zubmarine, I might as well replace my pet… and incidentally, what are the practical differences between the vessels you can buy at the docks anyway?