Endlessness... for eternity

http://blog.failbettergames.com/post/A-new-era-in-actions.aspx

And if today’s announcement tops that, well, it’ll have to be the way to Polythreme.

Joy _

Absolutely excellent idea, I say! The number of times I’ve had to sit down and figure out “I’ve got twenty actions left today… I’ll use the cards in my hand then count out mumblemumble leaving ten to recharge not too long before the rollover mumblemumble…” (This may a symptom of the same disease that means I always keep my Second Chances at a multiple of 5. Does anyone else do this?) Now, I can just play!

[quote=colinsapherson]http://blog.failbettergames.com/post/A-new-era-in-actions.aspx

And if today’s announcement tops that, well, it’ll have to be the way to Polythreme.[/quote]

[color=#009900]The ‘new era in actions’ is in fact the announcement Chris mentioned yesterday. :-)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]But there’s more coming in the next few weeks…[/color]

I also noticed a “Respectable” Quality under the usual Dangerous, Watchful, Shadowy and Persuasive.

I am resisting the urge to make a noise rather like “squee”.

So, is the refund of fate for anyone who has ever had an EF sub, or just those who have one currently? Not that I mind either way, the fact that you’re lowering it to what I"m guessing is 20(from 35), is cool with m e, I’ll have enough fate to get another EF sub again regardless. Al;so, I wonder if I"m one of those “players who are really keen” Chris mentioned ^^ I’m pretty sure I averaged 150-175 turns used a day. The only time I didn’t use them immediately was while I was sleeping, and several times I got up in the middle of my sleep cycle to play some extra turns, LOL.

And by ‘very soon’, they mean ‘now’.

Gamers, to your EBZ tabs!

The festival of Endless Action is over, the Era of Endless Action is just beginning! I’m glad to know that even in the midst of our Endless rush, we did not significantly break the servers, and its good to know that they’ve figured out a system where they can keep the phase that actions are handed out without having a daily action cap.

It has been joined by “Dreaded” and “Bizarre”. My yacht gives me +2 Respectable, it seems, while an Obdurate Stallion is worth +2 Dreaded. Curiouser and curiouser…

There’s another one, although no track for it (yet?) - some of the more expensive clothing provides ‘A Brazen Fate’. We shall see.

gazes in wonder and amazement at a new opportunity card he just received

It appears that we live in an era when The Overgoat is considered to be a common pet.
edited by Passionario on 2/7/2012

It has been joined by “Dreaded” and “Bizarre”. My yacht gives me +2 Respectable, it seems, while an Obdurate Stallion is worth +2 Dreaded. Curiouser and curiouser…[/quote]

…Oh, something regarding objects for People of Some Importance. Still a long way to go for me ^^"

EDIT: Nope, Archaeologist’s Hat provides +1 Respectable! Joy _

RE-EDIT: It wasn’t the Archaeologist’s Hat, it was the Morning Suit!
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/7/2012

Oh, my wife is not going to be happy about this. But I am.

I’m… not so sure I like this. It’s hard enough to stop playing when I know I have actions left, and easy to get frustrated when waiting for the candle to refresh so I can continue doing something.

At least Exceptional Friendship now means you can play less frequently… wait, is that really right!? That doesn’t make much sense, does it?

This is so awesome! Now I get to play Echo Bazaar in the evenings! (I usually run out of actions well before then, heh).

Excited to see the new ‘skills’… respectable, dreaded and bizarre. Noticed, though, that even though I have items equipped that give me +10 shadowy, I’m only getting +3 shadowy on the sidebar. Wonder if the amount items are ‘worth’ in terms of shadowy etc. are getting tweaked as well… or is this a bug?

ETA: my shadowy is back to normal now. Must just have been a short-term bug while they were moving stuff around!
edited by Lady Red on 2/7/2012

What a wonderful announcement! Thank you, delicious hosts, for removing the irritating fetters of limited actions. This immediately makes the grind of acquiring the higher lodgings and sundries much more palatable - I no longer feel resentful about having to “waste” precious actions on yet another circuit through Wilmott’s End. Bravo!

[quote=Patrick Reding]

At least Exceptional Friendship now means you can play less frequently[/quote]

EF is still useful for those of us who can only log in at certain times of day - I certainly plan to keep my subscription in place. It’s less useful for those with the freedom to play at any time, though.
edited by Quil on 2/7/2012

Also, now the Bazaar equipment descriptions include the modifiers to Respectable, Dreaded and Bizarre - and the mysterious A Brazen Fate.

[quote=colinsapherson]And by ‘very soon’, they mean ‘now’.

Gamers, to your EBZ tabs![/quote]

I think they must have switched it back for the time being. I’m back to seeing a 40-action cap, when earlier it was showing the 10,000 actions thing.